1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

***The Exercise Challenge***

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by LoyalKnight, Jun 26, 2017.

1. TSoprano

TSoprano Fapstronaut

SL 5x5 this afternoon. 195lb squats, 115lb bench, and 115lb rows. Looking forward to hitting the 45lb plate for my bench and row but probably need to watch some row videos so I don't hurt myself. Still working on that 2 plate squat. Think I can do it. Followed the workout with planks and some pullups.

Desperate_Warrior likes this.
  2. TSoprano

TSoprano Fapstronaut

Sl 5x5: 200lb squat, 90lb OHP, 225lb DL. Feels good to be doing 2 plates for DL. Will be watching some videos before my next workout to get my form right now that the weights are getting pretty heavy.

3. OutsideZenCO

OutsideZenCO Fapstronaut

Glad to see others have turned to exercise to help abstaining! Today: 5mi hike round trip, 2500 vert including a 700ft rock climb. Might be crazy depending on where you're from, but that's not much here in Colorado.

4. TSoprano

TSoprano Fapstronaut

Another SL 5x5 this morning. Thank god no one was in the gym because I was screaming bloody murder for my squats at 205lb. I ended up using the belt for my last set and killed it. I will probably end up using the belt for the my last 2 sets for here on until I deload. My goal next week is to get to 2 plates on both sides.

Also today 120lb bench and 120lb row. Still need to master form for row as I don't want to hurt myself.

5. Puretim

Puretim Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

I got off the beam for awhile. Tomorrow morning I start again the daily exercise

6. LoyalKnight

LoyalKnight Fapstronaut

I am finally back from my Vacation!

I am currently on a strict cutting diet. But I did a good leg-day workout today at the gym. It is significantly harder to left heavy on a 1600kcal diet, though.

7. av_2905

av_2905 Guest

Absolutely ruined my legs today.
    Also, I've lost nearly 20 pounds in the past 5 months. Feels great!
    Also, kinda sucks that I injured my wrist which prevents me from lifting, but I still carry on with cardio, abs, and legs!

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2017
    LoyalKnight likes this.
  8. av_2905

av_2905 Guest

I think I ran too much and feel like I have shin splints. That to go with a sprained wrist. FML :(

9. LoyalKnight

LoyalKnight Fapstronaut

I am currently on a strict cutting diet with max. 1800 kcal per day. But I try to get 1600kcal on average. So, I am way weaker as well, which makes sense though. Less "fuel", less power!

I chest and biceps today. Bench press, and exercises on other machines I do not know the name on English. I did some bicep curls as well!

EddyFriend and Desperate_Warrior like this.
  10. LoyalKnight

LoyalKnight Fapstronaut

No one here? Let's revive this thread!

I developed my plan with my friend, and today we did pull exercises. We worked out for 1-2 hours. I am on a strict 2000kcal diet, so I know that I will not be gaining any muscles. I have to do it - I am really looking forward for the bulking phase!

11. pmotina

pmotina Fapstronaut

i like to do 5 minutes of planking in the morning as a little kickstart to my day.

12. ketone

ketone Fapstronaut

I like doing 8 minute abs (It's an 80s workout video on youtube). Usually if I have a busy day, I'll do 8 minute abs in the morning. Today, I had classes/labs from 8:30-9pm with a few hourly breaks for eating and stuff, so I did 8 minute abs around 5 pm. It felt great. I've done the workout routine 3 times in the last week, and I mix in regular lift sessions on more free days. Tomorrow I think I'm going to dead lift and squat and lift biceps.

13. av_2905

av_2905 Guest

Since my wrist has healed, I can finally resume lifting weights. I'm still careful when running as I'm still recovering from shin splints. Maybe I'll replace running with stationary cycling to be careful and not aggravate my leg.

14. Hit the universal machine today, did seated bench presses, triceps, wide lat pull downs, and some exercise band stuff with my legs.

15. LoyalKnight

LoyalKnight Fapstronaut

@K4C4128 Awesome! I destroyed legs today as well.

Today I destroyed my legs in a brutal leg workout. I squatted 100kg for one and a half set. I was really surprised that I was able to lift that much - I am on a strict ~2000kcal diet. So ~800 below my upkeep!

I did great progress in losing weight and keeping most of my strength. Maybe 1-2 more months, than a long and well-planned bulking season awaits me!

Rest day for the morrow.

16. ketone

ketone Fapstronaut

did 8 minute abs in the morning with some plank.

17. av_2905

av_2905 Guest

I lifted weights after a long time. Now my entire upper body is sore. :(

18. Biked hard for about 20 minutes, did some pull-ups, some sprints, side shuffles, and some leg lifts.

19. I was able to get out and ride my bike for two miles, which was fun. I got football (American) practice tonight, so I'm not gonna hit the weights. Might do some jumping jacks, planks, or squats later today though.

Daaaang, practice was fun. xD Got knocked in the head a couple times, but nothing too bad. Somehow got yelled at by the coach for hitting too hard...don't know how that works in freakin' football, but it happened. xD

Last edited: Sep 22, 2017
    LoyalKnight likes this.
  20. LoyalKnight

LoyalKnight Fapstronaut

Awesome to see so many people doing this challenge - let's rock this thread!

Today was my push day. Yesterday rest, so gym on the morrow as well! I did 4 exercises in total which exercised the chest and shoulders, and triceps pull-down to shock it off at the end.

At the end I did some high-interval training at the end. 10 really exhausting minutes there.

Gonna visit the gym on the morrow as well!