1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

***The Exercise Challenge***

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by LoyalKnight, Jun 26, 2017.

1. Puretim

Puretim Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

todsy tibetan rites snd tum 12-13 minutes. may do more. played tag and climbed trees and playground stuff with my daughter and am just getting ready to walk home.

2. Only did 150 squats today. Relapsing really drained me.

LoyalKnight and Slothman like this.
  3. Slothman

Slothman Fapstronaut

Sloth GET BIG.jpg
    5 sets of push ups til' failure 150 total, then triceps til' failure as well didn't count the reps, the burn was 2 strong

4. Puretim

Puretim Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

So far today Tibetan rites, 5 sets pullups, 3 sets bent rows, 3 sets curls. I'll take my daughter to the park which always involves walking, running, and climbing. Also I'll do more pullups and curls thruot the day.

5. LoyalKnight

LoyalKnight Fapstronaut

Today was back day: I started off with deadlifts, which actually really destroyed and hurt for my hand. I did 5 sets of 4-7 reps in total. I started with 90kg, then 110kg and then 2 sets of 130kg. My hand was really burning and hurting when I lifted 130kg, but I did it, nevertheless. When I come back from my vacation I may buy some grip-pads to help me. After that I did some upper lat-pull down and then some front lat-pull exercises. After that on the machine for the rear and then some bicep curls, but the last two rather poorly because I was so exhausted. Had some good chats there as well !

Meetup with one friend on the gym tmr!

Desperate_Warrior likes this.
  6. Jason911

Jason911 Fapstronaut

I briskly walked 2 miles with my son this morning. Took about 45 minutes.

7. SuperFan

SuperFan Fapstronaut

This morning:

Flat bench / incline bench / dumbbell flys / weighted dips

Ab circuit:

Hanging knee raises / roll-outs / plank .... decline sit-ups / russian twists / bicycles

8. LoyalKnight

LoyalKnight Fapstronaut

Today was session in the gym again!

It was brutal leg day... and I socialized really a lot at the gym today, talked a lot as well. Was great fun!

I started off with some squats 90-110kg, then some leg presses, and at the end I did calf raises with a good lad. We kept talking for 10 minutes, and I did some other exercise with him. After that I did some 10 minutes of cardio, 1 min 7kp/h and then 2 mins 13 kp/h. Was great today! I feel badass and I could just fall asleep right now - I am so tired. But I have to finish my daily routine, and that is taking me usually 1-2hrs every night!

9. Supermarron

Supermarron Fapstronaut

Jogging in the morning upper back work out chest and shoulder and abs

10. Jason911

Jason911 Fapstronaut

Brisk walk with my son this morning. 1.4 miles, but anything is better than nothing at this point.

11. TSoprano

TSoprano Fapstronaut

After 3 day rest back to SL 5x5. Deloaded to 180lb squat which I did no problem. Going to try and work my way to 2 plates. Did some bench and barbell row.

12. SuperFan

SuperFan Fapstronaut

Back day: T-bar rows / lat pulldowns / seated pullover machine / weighted pull-ups / lower back machine ....

... then calf sled / single-leg calf raises w/dumbbell.

Felt pretty good.

13. SuperFan

SuperFan Fapstronaut

Squeezed in some shoulder work tonight:

Seated dumbbell shoulder presses / lateral delt raise machine / shrugs / rear delts with dumbbells, using the incline bench (turns out I really don't like those--I end up using too much momentum and I don't feel the weight through the entirety of the movement).

Also did these things that I call "Chinens", affectionately named after my old karate sensei, Teuro Chinen. I'm telling you, this guy was the closest living thing to Mr. Miyagi there ever was. He used to have this exercise where we'd hold our palms together over our heads ... and then swing one arm forward, and one arm backward, in almost a windmill motion. But the entire time, we were rotating our hips as well. The idea was to have the hands lined up along the same vertical plane the entire time. The hands were always meant to swing directly in front of and behind the center-line of the body--as opposed to flaring out to the sides. Today, I hold 10 lb. circular plates in each hand and do the same motion slowly, feeling the weight through the entire circular motion of my shoulders. It's a great way to end a shoulder workout.

Here's sensei Chinen ... forgive the cheesy 1980's VHS quality:

14. SuperFan

SuperFan Fapstronaut

Krav Maga this morning--mainly throws and handgun defenses. Brown belt test in October!

15. Suggestions!
    How to better develop triceps/biceps--

130 lb weight loss since 2004. Jog 3 miles 3-4 x weekly. Have a herniated disc in neck ( c4-5) so chronic neck pain and occ left arm discomfort. Member of a Gym but only do Cardio..everytime I try weights have days following with neck pain/stiffness and left arm discomfort ( no numbness).
    My wt loss has left me with redundant tissue under my arms...ugh, chicken fat!!!

Tks!

16. LoyalKnight

LoyalKnight Fapstronaut

Today I did a full-body workout because I did not go to the gym for two days (sadly skipped one day) and I am not able to go on the morrow either, I am going to Finland - vacation time!

I started off with some bench presses (60kg only!), then some squats (100kg). After that I did bar-pull downs, 60kg. I did some leg presses afterwards and then some rear delt exercises. At the end, I ran for around 10 minutes, losing 150kcal according to the machine. Avg. speed was around 12-13kp/h.

I am currently in my cutting phase, I have to get down to 10%. Currently I am on 16-17%, so a long path to go!

I wish you all AWESOME exercise/workout session, logging off for two weeks.

Lift hard, run hard, work hard!

17. TSoprano

TSoprano Fapstronaut

Did a great workout today. At 185 squats and did it no problem 220lb deadlifts and 85lb OHP.

18. Puretim

Puretim Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

ive taken a few dsys off due to shoulder pain.

TSoprano and Desperate_Warrior like this.
  19. TSoprano

TSoprano Fapstronaut

Went out for a evening hike and still couldn't get to the top of the mountain. Only made it about 2/3rds before I was aching and out of breath and turned around. I used to be able to climb the same hike a few years ago, even when I was lifting weights. Tried to eat a lot to night, drink lots of water, and upped to 1 1/2 scoop of protein. Looking forward to SL 5x5 tomorrow, last day before my rest days and I think I can get through it no problemo.

Also did a few curls, chinups and a 10minute mindfulness sesh.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2017
  20. TSoprano

TSoprano Fapstronaut

By the way, if anyone here is interesting in starting to work out in the gym or already does. I highly, highly suggest you watch the film Pumping Iron. The film completely changed my view of working out and the amount of dedication some people go through in the gym. The film follows Arnold Schwarzengger and a couple other guys training for Mr. Universe in the mid 70s.

I used to make fun of a friend of mine in high school who was into fitness for having an Arnold Schwarzengger doing a muscle pose poster on his room. But now I understand what a one of a kind beast the man was. Schwarzengger is constantly hitting green lights throughout the film. He is so happy and passionate about what he is doing. He always has a smile on his face in the film and is always the most popular guy in the room. When he was running for governor of CA, I remember reading people giving him light shit for saying in the film, "I feel like I'm cumming all time. At the gym, at home, and when I'm posing in front of thousands of people. I'm in heaven." If one of the greatest bodybuilders of all time and in the world wants to say that working out is like cumming, then goddammit, it must be true. Can't really argue with that.

Here it is on Youtube: