1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Suffering wife seeks support as her marriage (and life) gets put back together

Discussion in 'Rebooting in a Relationship' started by Gamerwife85, Jun 27, 2015.

1. Ikindaknew

Ikindaknew Fapstronaut

You girl have something a lot more important to care about right now, which is your situation with your health. That's your main goal. Get better, and work hard to keeping a good morale. I know easy to say.
    You can trust the guy, if you feel that he showed improvement. If he loves you, let him love you! And trust that his love for you is genuine.

The fact that your health concerns makes you having sex less often is quite normal considering. You are in a different scenario. If he loves you, he understands the situation. If he loves you , he is not fantasizing about others. The fact that is lady is sick must override all the bad stuff! His role is to take care of you.
    Besides your BFs addiction to PMO, your own situation brings other factors into play. Especially because you'll get breast surgery. You will have and need support to re-gain confidence and acceptance of yourself after this. If not, you might develop low-self esteem, feel like you'll never have a sex life after, etc.
    I'm sure you can tap into some professional help, because its quite the situation you are getting into. the breast cancer association must have dedicated resources to discuss particulars. More than likely ladies that went thru that situation and can assist you.

My advice: Cut yourself some slack, you deserve Max love. You need to work hard to keep a good morale. If the BF is holding tight and is accompanying you thru all this, well he loves you, which you deserve. Let him take care of you.

Take care Girl!

2. I
    I ask myself that very same question also every time I feel down. I don't know if they'll ever go away (as much as I'd like them to); my inner cynic doesn't think that they ever will. I think they'll just get farther and farther in between. I agree with what you said about self-care; it's of the utmost importance. I need to utilize other self-care methods since my go-to self-care activity (knitting) is challenging to do right now due to the neuropathy in my hands. One day at a time, indeed. :)

WifeInTheDark and TheWife like this.
  3. Thanks for the kind words and advice, @Ikindaknew. I really appreciate it! I have a tendency to be too hard on myself. My hubby (@Garnadaan) has truly been a champ throughout everything on both the PMO and cancer fronts. I wish it wasn't so difficult to see that when I have a "bad day"! It feels like when I have a bad day my brain develops blinders that block all the good stuff and magnify the negative stuff. Quite frustrating!

4. Ikindaknew

Ikindaknew Fapstronaut

Yes,

But again, you are in another league compared to others here. You are facing something huge with a physical disease. It's not just in your mind. Quite a different psychological twist to it I guess...your healing process will bring you much maturity and a new view on life. You'll have something to teach others!

5. Update time, I suppose. Not much has happened since I updated last....still healing from chemo and going to A LOT of doctors appointments. March has been the month of doctor appointments, sheesh. My birthday happened in there somewhere too. I've had 11 medical appointments this month...such is the life of a cancer patient. Consultations with radiation oncologists to discuss radiation treatment that'll occur post-surgery, meetings with my surgeon (and a plastic surgeon) to discuss my upcoming surgery, dentist visits to have my teeth cleaned (and a cavity filled...chemo can cause dry mouth, which has the potential to royally mess up your teeth and gums), and various imaging tests. Oof.

Aside from all the doctor visits I've been continuing to enjoy the downtime. Still spending as much time as possible outside the house and enjoying being out in the world (as opposed to being holed up in the apartment with nothing but Netflix to keep me company). Garnadaan and I picked up a new video game, Tom Clancy's The Division, and have been playing it together. It's really fun! We've also been playing Magic: the Gathering together also...we picked it back up now that I'm well enough to concentrate on it and strategize effectively! In addition to gaming I've been doing more knitting. I started a hat for me to wear now that weather has warmed up a bit. My hair is slowly growing back but hats are still a must for me.

Stay strong everyone.

WifeInTheDark likes this.
  6. Ikindaknew

Ikindaknew Fapstronaut

Stay strong too @Gamerwife85 !

With all you're going thru, you have a very good head on your shoulders!
    Good to see you and hubby playing games together!

And...
    maxresdefault.jpg

7. Garnadaan

Garnadaan Fapstronaut

I love you, hon. You're doing a fantastic job, even if it doesn't always feel like it. You're an awesome gal :) :-*

8. Wow, it's been a LONG time since I posted! Holy moley. Things have been trucking along on the treatment front...my surgery occurred on April 19th. Everything went smoothly and I've been healing up. The physical healing is going well...emotionally I'm a bit of a wreck over the loss of my breast (which is to be expected). I'm not completely flat on the operated side (courtesy of an implant that serves as a placeholder until I'm able to undergo the reconstruction I want to have done - gotta wait until radiation is completed) but I'm a bit lopsided. The lopsidedness was something I was totally expecting and was not surprised about, the inevitable emotional toll is just happening. I'm just taking things one day at a time.

Radiation is going to start some time within the next few weeks...when it does I'll be doing it 5 days a week for 6 weeks. Not worried about it; it'll be a piece of cake compared to chemo and surgery!

TheWife and WifeInTheDark like this.
  9. jfromcr

jfromcr Fapstronaut

Hi Gamerwife85,

Your story is a lot to take in. The trauma of betrayal and cancer in a short span of time and you are working through it. I hope the remainder of your recovery is good.

10. Ikindaknew

Ikindaknew Fapstronaut

Wish you the best girl!

11. Handzfree

Handzfree Distinguished Fapstronaut

Best wishes... Sorry to hear about the loss of your breast. I can't imagine how devastating that would be. Get better soon!