1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

If you could to move to another country....

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, May 17, 2018.

1. yaaarp

yaaarp Fapstronaut

It depends. I would like to say USA, but do I get to choose exactly where? Would I end up in northern Alaska?

2. Sure, you can choose where

3. KS1994

KS1994 Fapstronaut

From Australia. Would go to Czech republic, my ancestral homeland of Hungary or Bulgaria. I am a liberal but have traditional views on the role of marriage and family, a more tempered and colder disposition than my piss-sculling, sport obsessed countrymen. Prefer a nation with a unified cultural and national identity. My countries national day is only relevant to 10% of the population.

4. From USA, I’m torn between Italy and Fiji.

5. User3475682

User3475682 Fapstronaut

Well Japan seems nice because of anime and sure, it's a great country in some aspects even if it isn't like in your imagination.But it's hard to become a local, even if you can speak the langalan.And you have to work work work.

6. Cayman Islands?

7. Mate, I didn't pick the country just because I've seen 'anime', I've done research and know they're work oriented and all that stuff. That's why I said if I had to pick a place (which I still won't leave) it would be Japan and hopefully I would have money as well.

u376 likes this.
  8. User3475682

User3475682 Fapstronaut

Oh yeah, and why did you the research in the first place?I can be wrong here, but I think it was because of anime, and I don't even think that that's a horrible thing :D
    I just have the impression that you are one of those guys who glorify Japan.

u376 likes this.
  9. First off (and i know im butting in here), that "guy" is
    actually a girl. Secondly how do you know she researched it because of anime, i think youre stretching with that theory. I dont think people glorify japan because of cartoons. No offense, just sayin.

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2018
    Deleted Account likes this.
  10. Nice way to automatically judge me because my avatar is from a japanese game, I grew up with their culture and was introduced to their cuisine and such at a young age, and so I researched more in depth to understand them better. So please take your 'weeaboo' assumption mate.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2020
    Daristocratify likes this.
  11. User3475682

User3475682 Fapstronaut

Well, the average person with that profile picture is a weeb.I even wrote that I can be wrong, and I wrote that I don't didn't it bad to do that, but yeah I admit that I assumed that youre one of these persons who glorify japan because of anime without knowing anything about it, there's more than enough of them in YouTube alone, so I apologize for being to offensive here.

12. Headspace

Headspace Fapstronaut

I love the Czech Republic, too. Haven't been to Prague, though, still planning to go there some point.

I am happy living in Germany. People like to complain as they always do, but in the end, civil rights and democracy are valued here. I have really no idea where I would want to go else :confused: Only recently I have spent seven months in Norway, but it's too dark, cold and wet to live there in the long run...

Flyhigh and Moon Shot like this.
  13. SolitaryScribe

SolitaryScribe Fapstronaut

I would totally go to Japan just because of anime.

14. I stand corrected :)

tweeby and SolitaryScribe like this.
  15. Magnet Utopia, where all the magnet men & women meet & stand as proud citizens. We occasionally have trespassers but all is nice & good, when we do have to battle no man stands a chance ; )

+TenPercent likes this.
  16. Been there. Our plane made an emergency landing there and we were stuck until they gave us a plastic plane so that we could take off again.

It was alright, but not sure that I would want to live there.

17. GigglingTrout

GigglingTrout Fapstronaut

I will eventually be in Japan, but I'm trying other parts of Asia first

18. From USA. Without a doubt. A small out of the way Southern Italian village. I’d even be willing to learn the language. Can I keep my American retirement pension?

19. Im exactly in the country I want to be, but if I had to leave my country for some strange reason I would pick Iceland, USA, Canada, Ireland, Scotland, NZ in order, would add Japan but I think it will be too much of a difference for me to fit in and I would struggle with anxiety of offending someone too much.

20. moonesque

moonesque Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Norway NORWAY

(from the US)

Never fit into a culture (in the North and rural western areas) that Ive felt more at home at than there. Amazing lifestyles, land, and food (yes I love brunost and spreads and bread and fish and endless coffee).

Flyhigh likes this.