1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I hate seeing attractive single women at church.

A group for members of all religions, or no religion at all, to talk about religion

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sadly that's very true. Probably why we also see an increase in divorce since most of humanity is treating Eros as the airport instead of the air plane which is suppose to lead to Agape love.

2. I understand your point which is why I stressed the counter point which is the need for a teaching authority that can Interpret Sacred Scripture. If Christ didn't leave one but yet had his apostles tell us to be pure with no definite teaching on what constitutes purity, then he kind of fucked us didn't he?

Deleted Account likes this.
  3. I believe two godly people should be able to come together, in love, with the Holy Spirit in them individually and as a married couple, and decide together what they feel God permits for them. I don't believe there is some rule book or interpreter who can tell a man and his wife what they are and are not allowed to do in bed. If God wanted it to be that way, a blanket set of rules, He would have made His Word more specific.

4. Fair enough. I hope you'll at least think about it.

5. About keeping my marriage bed pure? Of course I think about that. And my husband and I decide what that looks like for us, with God's guidance.

6. I think there is a teaching authority which helps followers understand and identify what the spirit of chastity is like and how it's lived out. I don't believe there is a church that says "only missionary" that's ridiculous since one can do missionary with an impure and immoral intent.

7. I don't know if there are any churches that teach that, but I wouldn't be surprised, and there are certainly many individuals who have that kind of strict, legalistic way of thinking.

8. I do find it interesting that some Christians believe God can infallibily guide them but not a Church, lol.

9. I wouldn't be surprised either.

10. I never said Pastors can't guide people. I said what I said, which you can go back and read again because I'm not going to repeat myself.

Also, why wouldn't God be able to infallibly guide people? He is infallible... churches and pastors are not

11. You say churches and pastors can't be infallible and yet you take the writings of the church and its first pastors as the unerring word of God. Hmm.

Clearly God works His infallibily through His church. The Gospels and Epistles are evidence of this mark.

Also I never said he couldn't infallibily guide people. The question though is did He choose to infallibly guide every individual? I would think the multitude of different Christian sects all teaching different things would be evidence that no he does not work his infallibility through everyone.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2017
  12. If you can't see the difference between the word of God and a pastor, today, declaring something to be true, then this conversation is going nowhere. And it's off topic anyway, so let's just leave it at that.

13. OH I don't believe God speaks infallibily through every pastor, no. I think only those who can trace their bishopric back to the apostles are part of the church which has been given the gift of God's infallible guidence. You know that whole "He who hears you, hears me. He who rejects you, rejects me" type of authority.

Peace.

14. Hitto

Hitto Fapstronaut

Because man is corrupt lol you gotta have to have your own relationship with the father

15. Hitto

Hitto Fapstronaut

lol no man can preach the word of god I don't believe in organized religion plus pastors and bishops rarely talk about important scripture besides the gospel I had to read the book revelation on my own never had any read it to me or decipher to me

16. Because man is corrupt lol? That's the best you have? Individuals then are the standard of truth? Why can't you be part of a family and also have your own relationship with God?
    "Then Philip ran up to the chariot and heard the man reading Isaiah the prophet. “Do you understand what you are reading?” Philip asked. “How can I,” he said, “unless someone explains it to me?” So he invited Philip to come up and sit with him."

I wonder how that encounter would have went if we followed your advice above? Do you imagine Philip running up and saying" do you understand what you're reading? Ethiopian: How can I unless someone explain it to me? " Philip:" Tough shit, you have to have your own relationship with the father."

If your pastors can't teach about the book of revelation then maybe you're going to the wrong pastors and church? Maybe you need to swallow your pride and fear of organized religion and approach the church that's been around way longer than any other church in the history of Christendom. That might be a good start considering that church is also the one which compiled the OT and NT and decided which books are inspired and which ones are not. I think they know a little about the Bible. Heres a link to their commentary. It might help the next time you're reading Scripture and think to yourself "what the fuck does this mean?"

http://haydock1859.tripod.com

I just hope you can see the contradiction in your actions. You're reading Scripture which was written by men and you call it the Word of God. Men clearly then have the ability to preach the word of God. You're also using a Bible which only exists in its present form today because of organized religion and its efforts to compile all of the scriptures and bundle them up in a one book. Clearly you show your need for organized religion by having a Bible.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2017
  17. Runtilmylegsdropoff

Runtilmylegsdropoff Fapstronaut

You can literally derive all types of wacky things out of the Bible if you throw out context. I probably have heard them all. The most dangerous ones are the ones that created all the cults we have today, ie. mormonism, jehovah's witnesses, and just me personally I throw the roman catholic church in that same category with all its extra-biblical/unbiblical practices. But I'll leave it at that, since I mainly wanted to talk about the conundrum of attractive women in church.

18. Prepare yourself for the can of worms you just opened lol

19. Funny, but I don't see a point in replying since it shows an ignorance of Christian history. I think he may be paying too much attention to women, lol.

20. Runtilmylegsdropoff

Runtilmylegsdropoff Fapstronaut

Welp, you think I'm ignorant, you're entitled to think that. I think you're completely wacky, thinking there's some kind of solid list of what is allowed between a married couple in bed. Honestly though, I butt heads with more Christians than I do unbelievers because they seriously try to impose their own rules on others and then have the gall to say its from God or the Bible.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.