1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I hate seeing attractive single women at church.

A group for members of all religions, or no religion at all, to talk about religion

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EyesToSeeEarsToHear

EyesToSeeEarsToHear Fapstronaut

You've ignored the post where I addressed what the Christian Bibles very clearly state about the good merits of marriage and the higher, better merits of celibacy for purer love of God.

I'm not saying I've attained any of this. I'm a single man who's cheated on his cheating gf. I'm not a good man.

But we can't call ourselves "Christian" if we don't believe things the Christian Bible very clearly says.

This can't trigger anyone who doesn't believe it on some level in their heart.

2. When did I do that? I wasn't the one making judgemental claims like that "all beautiful women are vain."

You can't make a statement like "all beautiful women are vain" and then whine when someone insults you. And actually no, I was not insulting your girlfriend at all. She could be a perfectly lovely person, for all I know. Sorry to break it to you, but YOU are the only one here who has insulted your girlfriend, multiple times.

Seriously, dude, you literally just said that all women are either a) ugly, or b) vain. And you're upset that I "insulted" you by asking you about your girlfriend? You just insulted the entire female species! Have an ounce of perspective.

That verse does not say that celibacy is the only way, or even that it's the best way. It simply says that it happens.

Paul is the only one that makes the claim that celibacy is the better way to live, and it's pretty clear that that is his opinion, not a fact or something that everyone should live by. He even recognizes that not everyone is like him and can be celibate, because God hasn't created everyone to be celibate. Clearly, because if He had, women would not exist. The entire purpose of the female creation was because it was "Not good for man to be alone."

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2017
    Runtilmylegsdropoff likes this.
  3. St. Paul is talking about the excellence of consecrated life.

I Corinthians Chp. VII: "It is a good thing for a man not to touch a woman. [v.1] Indeed, I wish that everyone were like I am [celibate]. [v.7] I should like you to be free from anxieties. An unmarried man is anxious about the things of the Lord; how he may please the Lord. But a married man is anxious about the things of the world; how he may please his wife, and he is divided. [v.32] Are you free of a wife? Then do not look for a wife. If you marry, however, you do not sin, nor does an unmarried woman sin if she marries; but such people will experience affliction in their earthly life, and I would like to spare you that." [v.28] (see also Mark 12:18-27, Mtt 19:10-12, 2 Timothy Ch. 2:3)

One of the most profound Christian theologians to have ever existed, Thomas Aquinas, expounds on this when he says: "Virginity is more excellent than marriage, which can be seen by both faith and reason. Faith sees virginity as imitating the example of Christ and the counsel of St. Paul. Reason sees virginity as rightly ordering goods, preferring a Divine good to human goods, the good of the soul to the good of the body, and the good of the contemplative life to that of the active life."

The reason why most Christians nowadays will not understand what you're trying to say is because they've probably never heard of consecrated life where men and women take vows of perpetual virginity and life long celibacy in order to serve God. This is a foreign concept for today's modern non-Catholic and non-Orthodox Christians who've never been taught about such vocations.

Also it's not that marriage is inferior to consecrated life. The Church has always considered marriage a good and consecrated life to be a better good. This is why St. Paul says to the Corinthians; "So then, he who marries the virgin does good, but he who does not marry her does even better." (1 Cor 7:38).

It has also been the position that the marriage vocation and the consecrated vocation need each other since if there were no consecrated religious (like priests/bishops) then there would be no married people and if there were no married people then there would never be any consecrated religious. See how that works?

EyesToSeeEarsToHear likes this.
  4. EyesToSeeEarsToHear

Correction. Every human, concerning their individual talents is vain. God even gave St. Paul a "thorn" in his flesh to humble him.

My nature is definitely vain but it's not based on my body's (lack of) beauty lol.

We both know what the Bible clearly says concerning everything else. We either believe it or we don't.

5. Well that's a pretty massively different statement than your original statement. Not sure I really buy that that's what you really meant, but okay.

I'm not so sure you do, but I've already said all I'm going to say on the matter.

6. EyesToSeeEarsToHear

It's not at all what I meant to say in the beginning.

I'll worry about what I believe :). God will do what He wants with me. Sincerely accepting that is both terrifying and freeing.

7. Runtilmylegsdropoff

Runtilmylegsdropoff Fapstronaut

Remember what I said about people taking stuff out of context from the Bible? Another example of it again here. smh

Deleted Account likes this.
  8. No ones stopping you from sharing your knowledge on what St. Paul is saying. If you know others are taking it out of context then that means you know what he's saying within context. Please, enlighten us.

9. EyesToSeeEarsToHear

Ill be honest.

I think Hold Fast and myself are the only ones being honest. As foolish as I am I'm being honest.

Hold Fast is not so foolish.

The other Christians just want to fit in. And for what? Lol

I'll comment again if I want. Shame is not my strong point. Even when I should be ashamed it's true.

Man I don't care what people who aren't being real with me think lol

10. Runtilmylegsdropoff

Trust me, I don't give a crap about fitting in. I am a Trump supporter living in the liberal bay area, you think I give a crap about fitting in.

I just don't like it when people take something out of the Bible and either make something up, take it out of context, or claim it's from God.

11. Runtilmylegsdropoff

Dude, no. YOU are the one that claimed to be an Expert on church history. I'm not trying to be everyone's Bible teacher, but I know enough when people are spewing a load of crap like you and the other fellow.

12. You know enough but yet can't share what you know? If you know other Christians are taking things out of context but are not sharing your wisdom to help them then you're not being charitable at all. I think you're doing a classic dodge because your accusations are baseless and without merit.

13. I never claimed to be an expert. I claimed that, based on your hilariously foolish accusations, you do not know enough about the history of Christendom.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2017
    truthseeker17 likes this.
  14. Runtilmylegsdropoff

Look wannabe Navy SEAL, I'm not too concerned about what you think about me. You already showed your foolishness here enough, yet you seem to want to show more. smh

15. Runtilmylegsdropoff

No dude, you did! You came off like the Expert on church history when Castealle called you out on your wacky rules about what a Christian married couple can do in bed. smh

16. Lmao. Thank you for insulting me since it just goes to show you really have nothing to add.

I don't believe I posted any whacky rules, so unless you can show me where that post is, then I will have to conclude you lack reading comprehension as well.

EyesToSeeEarsToHear likes this.
  17. Runtilmylegsdropoff

Now you're backpedaling. Yes you did. You claimed there's a solid list of what a Christian married couple can do in the bedroom. Own it dude, own it. I don't have any respect for cucks like you.

18. I'm not backpedaling anything so please quote the post where I claimed there exists a solid list of what a Christian couple can do in the bedroom. If you can't be bothered to click a couple pages back and quote this so called post then I don't know what to tell you. You're either lazy or you just have a habit of making accusations with no evidence to support them...or you're both.

19. EyesToSeeEarsToHear

Man really. He is embarrassed to his core over classic, Biblical celibacy from 1 Corinthians 7 being mentioned in his thread.

He's attacking you for literally sharing and NOT making up the words anyone reading this can Google right now and plainly see in 1 Cor 7.

I mean, you all can read right?

He's defending a book he either can't stand or can't read. It's wild.

20. Runtilmylegsdropoff

No, you made the claim. You defend your claim that there's a solid list of what constitutes "chaste" between a married couple. So come on, you claimed it, you support it. Tell us about the list now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.