1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I hate seeing attractive single women at church.

A group for members of all religions, or no religion at all, to talk about religion

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. truthseeker17

truthseeker17 Fapstronaut

I don't agree with you on this. Lets take this community and forum as a example.
    Many people suffer from PMO and come here to reboot. This community has already helped lot of people and is still doing awesome work. People here are reminded from moment to moment if not daily that PMO is not the answer. Do these people who come here, don't know this? Ofcourse they do, but they need help and reminders to stay strong and focused.

People will always need help and reminders, no matter what they do. Even on professional level this is exercised. Help and reminders makes us better and better.

The manner should be ofcourse motivating to the good, bringing the best in other, wanting the other to be succesful and not judging anyone personally, nor looking down upon anyone.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2017
  2. EyesToSeeEarsToHear

EyesToSeeEarsToHear Fapstronaut

I don't believe I did this at all and by now you know that.

I agree with the prominent Catholic and Orthodox interpretation of the matter.

Disagreements everywhere. That's reality.

3. SolitaryScribe

SolitaryScribe Fapstronaut

I think you and I are taking a different approach as to what we define as telling other people of what is sinful and what is not.

My stance is that if someone comes to me and asks for what I believe or what the church teaches me regarding sex, than I will tell him that premarital sex is wrong, and I will give him reasons as to why I hold those views.

I am against the idea of going to people and proselytizing their sins and telling them to repent. That seems arrogant if anything, and can turn more people away. Now I do agree with you that nofap is a community where we all try to strengthen each other to do better and to fight against the desires of the flesh, and there is nothing wrong with that. But I can tell you that every single person on this site came here out of their own free will and were not told by someone else that they need to quit PMO, rather this was revealed to them by their own experience.

If you really want to show other people the word of God, you need to show it by how you live, not by the mouth.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2017
    Deleted Account likes this.
  4. SolitaryScribe

I applaud you for the love you have for the scriptures. When dealing with theological matters, it can at times lead to very emotional debates. I think the main key is to try to understand where the other person is coming from.

That being said, there are interpretations that don't really affect what the person believes in the grand scheme of things. However, there are also interpretations that are outright heretical. You need to ask yourself, is what this person is saying going against the Creed of the church? or can it be subject to opinion without effecting his Christian view. If it goes against the creed of the church, than by all means you have every right (as a Christian) to correct them. If it does not, than don't let it get under your skin.

5. I see what you're saying, and from a Christian perspective I agree. But as a human being, I'm very passionate about truth and facts and logic, and I get irked by someone saying things that are just plain false. You're right in that it wasn't a particularly important issue, but it irked me. I'm not a perfect person. I get irked sometimes.

Runtilmylegsdropoff likes this.
  6. SolitaryScribe

lol, I'm with you on that one... Going through some youtube comments drives me haywire sometimes.

7. truthseeker17

truthseeker17 Fapstronaut

I don't think you understood me ... Never did I tell to go to people and remind them of their sins personally and make them repent. When I say reminder and help, I mean reminder of God's word to people. Reminding them of God's love, His commandants, His mercy and ofcourse His punishment too, so one may take heed and become succesful.

I assume if someone chooses to become a Chrisitan, he or she takes the bible as a guidence and the word of God. Therefore you can remind him of that. I don't see any problem with that.

You are right about showing people the word of God, but merely showing and not talking seems ignorant to me... I would say best way to deliver a message is, living it and conveying it.
    For example, I am inspired by people who actually relapse lot of times, they don't live the "actual idea" yet I am inspired by them greatly. They may not be perfect, they still are a inspiration for many. Even more then those of 500+ days hardcore, because I don't see these people talking or inspiring much.

8. sparkywantsnoPMO

sparkywantsnoPMO NoFap Moderator & Yeoman

All, this thread was hijacked a long time ago and no one returned to the topic. As a result, it is being locked and transferred to Interreligious discussion.

If you wish to continue any of the discussions from this thread please start new threads in the Christian or Interreligious discussion groups as appropriate.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.