1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Atheists, God and the afterlife.

A group for members of all religions, or no religion at all, to talk about religion

1. My fiancé has no interest in having kids, and nor do I, but that aside if a woman wants to take the role of being the man, where does that leave him and his role? Is he forced to become the wife and adopt that role? Women are already independent in today's world even as mothers, yet they scream they don't have equal rights or enough. They already try to take away everything from men so what more do they need?

I think feminism has strayed too far into that territory, because while I understand about being paid fair and all that, it just doesn't make sense to say they're trapped because I already am free... I don't really know what these women want, more rights than men?

I feel like guys get the short end of the stick most of the time.

2. It makes perfect sense. That's how God created things to be, so it makes sense that that would be fulfilling to you, as a woman.

Davidphd1866 likes this.
  3. RPos

RPos Fapstronaut

I believe women should have ever oppotunity a man does without discrimination, and equal pay should go without saying.

As you said, by a women taking the role of a man, where does that leave him?

I remember 5 years ago I was in a relationship, and we spent alot of time with her sister and her fella. She worked. He stayed at home and looked after the kids. They were forever arguing. And I told him about gender roles and mimicked the conversation we're having. It wasn't long after he got a job and she stayed at home and they were both far happier.

I don't think most feminists will be happy until they ARE men, lol.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2017
  4. I hear you, I don't know why they're so obsessed with trying to become men rather than live a peaceful life. They're only making it as hard as they truly want It to be, and If they just embraced who they are it'd be so much easier.

Have you noticed though? How hardcore feminists act and even seem like men? No offence but I don't see a shred of femininity, I think in their pursuit of "freedom" and bashing guys they've mentally become more of a man, and it's sad to me.

Deleted Account likes this.
  5. I think it's because subconsciously, they believe the same lies they critique others for. That men are better than women. They're trying to advocate that women can do everything men can do and be everything men can be, because they don't think being a woman and being traditionally feminine is as good. And then they critique the traditional women and think of them as traitors for actually being happy and confident in being feminine.

But anyway, I digress. I could rant about modern feminism for days.

6. RPos

RPos Fapstronaut

If I'm honest, and I understand it's a huge over generalisation to make, and perhaps a tad controversial, but is also very fitting.

Most feminists, especially YOUR hardcore feminists that act and even seem like men without a shred of femininity, haha, are probably lesbians.

In the context of our conversation in reference to gender roles, would make perfect sense. Dispite both partners being, supposedly, female, one must assume the male role in the relationship. This will typically be the more domineering of the two (the one with short back and sides). Now for that individual, who assumes the role of a male, but is perceived and treated by society as a female, life must be hell. So from that perspective, I can totally understand the whole feminism thing. It just kinda messes things up for the rest of us. Catch 22.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2017
  7. I totally get this. Even though I’m in a lesbian marriage I feel more comfortable being the submissive one even though my wife is 3 years younger. I’m the feminine one which means I get spoiled and in turn I love doting on her (when she lets me) and being “put in my place” and knowing she’s the boss. I know that sounds really regressive but I am a very strong willed woman so if my wife wasn’t able to be the one who has the authority in the relationship, our marriage wouldn’t work. I guess my whole point is that women who are in a hetero or a gay marriage that are happy being feminine and dream of being mothers shouldn’t be shamed by other women; because to me being a feminist means that I shouldn’t judge another woman for whatever choices she makes as long as they aren’t harmful.

8. Yeah, but can you imagine yourself on coke? To Infinity, AND EVEN FURTHER. GOD I LOVE THIS SONG.

9. Yeah I admit, I've never fully read the Bible. These are things that I've heard, from my parents actually, who read the Bible and are die hard Christians. It's true that everyone interprets the meanings differently. I'm just going by what I've heard.

10. Buzz Lightyear on coke, if someone hasn’t made a parody where that happens they should. Didn’t Tim Allen have issues with coke in his early years of fame?

11. I've never looked at it that way. I guess from what I've heard, God puts women down. Apparently women aren't supposed to preach. Maybe you can clear that up for me. Again, I'm a guy, but that just seems kinda fucked up. As far as finding intelligent Christians, besides online, I know none. Most preachers I've seen are money-hungry cocksuckers who just want your dollar bills. Makes me even angrier, how they exploit religion for profit, and people give it to them. I don't know. I think another thing is whether you're reading the new testament or the old. From what I've heard, hahaha, God was a wrathful motherfucker in the latter.

12. Fuck yeah. Dude got caught with a shit ton of cocaine. If there isn't a parody of that, it needs to be done.

13. While that would be hilarious, I don’t want to make fun of his past because he seems like he’s one of the few male celebrities that isn’t smug.

14. Thanks for your kindness and responding openly.
    But please, do some serious study about the things you know just talk about.

It's like I've heard some rumors about you, and I speak to others about you, without even knowing you personally.

15. Oh I really like Tim Allen. He seems like a really good dude. Probably learned a lot from his drug smuggling days. It's still kinda funny though. I'm not sure if he'd mind or not. Depends on the type of person he is. Me personally? I probably would find it fucking hilarious if I were him. Oh yeah, I got caught with a shit ton of cocaine and now I'm a rich and famous movie and voice actor. Might be what turned his life around.

16. Fair enough. Ya, Tim Allen doesn’t seem to take himself too seriously.

17. Yeah, that's true, but how do you really know God? I mean, here's the thing, I'm probably not gonna be converted to Christianity, and you won't be pulled away from it, but I'm still curious about it. The religion as a whole just doesn't make sense to me, yet I still believe in something out there. Also, it's like anything that can possibly contradict Christianity is immediately considered demonic. Science is THE DEVIL. Man, if I were God, I'd be face palming all the time from seeing what some of my followers are like hahaha.

18. God has a heart, just like you.
    You have to find him with your heart. If you find Him, you will know him.
    Than, you will be 100% sure, it's God.

19. Snort Story

20. I can! The verse aboyt women being silent in the church is a part of the book of 1 Corinthians, which is a letter, written by Paul to the church in Corinth. That particular part of chapter 14 is discussing order in the church. These things are likely written because that particular church was having difficulties with order in the church, and allowing too much that needed to be restrained. As far as the specific notion of women not being allowed to speak in the church... I can't say I 100% understand that, but I'm sure it has something to do with particular customs of the time, not necessarily a sweeping statement that is meant to be obeyed by women of our generation. Because again, keep in mind, this was a letter written specifically from Paul to a specific church, not to all Christians, in all time.

I'm not sure if this is the verse you're referring to. I can't say I've ever heard of a specific verse that says that women aren't allowed to preach or be pastors, aside from this verse. Which, again, is probably related to customs of the time.

Yes, that makes me quite angry as well. I think that makes any decent person angry.

The New Testament and the Old Testament are two parts to the same story. You cannot accept one as truth and not the other. The God of the Old Testament is not a different God than the God of the New Testament. I've heard many people say this, as well, and again, it comes from ignorance and not actually reading the word And understanding it for themselves. The understand part is key, though. Reading without comprehension, without understanding the context and the meaning and whether or not a specific set of verses is written to you or not (like in the case of Paul's letters that are written with a specific intended audience), are all going to lead to a lot of confusion and likely to rejecting all of it completely.

Nooooo, certainly not. Christianity is absolutely, unequivocally, NOT anti-science. That, again, is a complete misconception.

I'm sure He isn't too thrilled with how many people do wrong things in His name and give Him a bad name. My only hope is that people who don't know God yet will judge Him for Him, not based on what His followers are like. Humans are all fallible, Christians included. I'm sure I misinterpret or explain things wrong or contradict myself all the time. But God doesn't. He's perfect, I am not, and neither are the rest of us Christians.

Roady and RainbowShell like this.