Looking to start a group for husbands trying to be worthy of your wife's trust again

Discussion in 'Rebooting in a Relationship' started by TryingHard2Change, Nov 25, 2017.

1. Ppr

Ppr Fapstronaut

I would be interested. Anything that will help me improve things with my SO can only be good. Great idea and I look forward to contributing.

Deleted Account likes this.
  2. Kenzi

Kenzi Fapstronaut

Reboot nation has lots of rules.

However, if you have enough guys they give you a support group chat here on NoFap

Last edited: Dec 1, 2017
  3. Kenzi

Kenzi Fapstronaut

You just have to ask for the sign up, officially

4. I am actually ok with staying on this thread. The title roughly captures what we're trying to do and it's a visible place for new husbands on nofap to find. I recommend not just posting how we feel or what we say to our spouses but also what we're doing to make our relationships and home life better.

Kenzi likes this.
  5. LonelyRider

LonelyRider Fapstronaut

I'm onboard with this. Whatever form it takes.

Deleted Account likes this.
  6. [​IMG]

ScoutTrooper, Jennica and Kenzi like this.
  7. Hopefully I won't be online this weekend, so I'll post my weekend plans with my family now (which likely will change). Hopefully will go on a family walk this afternoon, a game tonight, then taking the kids outside tomorrow to work in the garden while my wife has some time to work alone in the house (she has a home business). Movie at home Saturday night, mass sunday morning, and then reading or continuing projects outside on Sunday. Monday night we plan to listen to a talk on sexuality at our church and maybe dinner afterwards (so no date this weekend). Have a great weekend everyone!

noexcuses likes this.
  8. David1970

David1970 Fapstronaut

9. TryingHard2Change

TryingHard2Change Distinguished Fapstronaut

@darknight, @CowardlyLion, @LowKeeKee, @Batboy123, @JME101, @David1970, @Durlag, @Ppr, @LonelyRider:
    I want to give everyone an update on this new group idea...I put a request in for a new group -- named "Winning Back Your SO's Trust" (staying away from terms like 'husband' / 'wife' since at least one of us mentioned a non-marital relationship)

The reason I am pushing for an actual group instead of just this thread is my vision of this group is a little more like Group Accountability. "Accountability" is probably too strong of a word....it's more like being very purposeful in challenging each other in new and different ways that we are winning back our SO's trust. I hope we share with each other about attempts that worked and didn't work / things we tried / ideas we have / etc.

Given that, I think we might be talking about some nitty gritty details...which is great--and hopefully will be helpful to everyone in the group. But I thought it might be easier to segregate it into its own group...for a little more privacy than an open thread like this.

The group will be open to others: anyone PA who is in a relationship, where that relationship is on the brink of deterioration -- we will of course allow those NoFap members to join our group and we can all sharpen each other and learn from each other as we travel this road to be worthy of our SO's trust again.

I will update everyone when we get a group created. Thanks.

10. CowardlyLion

CowardlyLion Fapstronaut

Awesome. Thank you. Tonight I've been struggling a lot with the ways I hurt my SO in the past. I'm having a really rough time. So I'm looking forward to this group. Thanks again for putting this together.

11. LowKeeKee

LowKeeKee Fapstronaut

12. Very cool, I was actually going to suggest a group on nofap forum.

But please... Keep the group info on the information tab and not a pinned post on the status update tab!!! I hate when groups do this: you have to scroll forever to find the latest post!

But great idea. It's hard enough to find married couples here and sometimes even harder to find married PAs :)

SpouseofPA and LonelyRider like this.
  13. Jennica

Jennica Fapstronaut

I think this would be great idea. I don’t want my hubby to feel like he can’t open up completely because we are both on here. SO’s have our own private group and I think it could help my hubby to be in one of his own. We can come together in the public forums.

14. ScoutTrooper

ScoutTrooper Fapstronaut

Thanks for sharing. I definitely am interested in a group like this. My wife and I just separated with the goal of staying apart for at least a month while I try to work on getting control of this (or at least make strides in that direction). My addiction came out 6 months ago and its been a roller coaster of emotion, efforts to stop, relapses, fighting, making up, fighting again, etc. I don't want my marriage to end and I'm desperately trying to make this reboot stick.

Deleted Account and Kenzi like this.
  15. Get a ton of accountability partners and groups.

The further I get into recovery, the happier my wife gets. She has been in a very good mood lately even when she's stressed. I have been calm and focused, putting more of my attention on her (and not her body parts). I'm also spending more time with the kids and getting things done around the house on a regular schedule. All of this helps her sanity and allows her to not worry.

Put the first things first!

ScoutTrooper likes this.
  16. TryingHard2Change

@ScoutTrooper: you are absolutely welcome to this group! The group itself isn't created yet....I need to check in to see what the status of that is.

This is a LONG road ahead of us to win our wive's heart back and to be worthy of her trust again.....we can help and encourage each other as this road will be bumpy!

I am glad you posted in this thread.

17. SpouseofPA

SpouseofPA Fapstronaut

I commend you for making a group like this, i suggest you make it private that way if the wives are on here as well we wont be able to react to possible complaints of our husbands.
    i really think they need ( or my husband needs a place where he can say freely he don't know how to handle my emotional changes etc. how he doesn't understand whatever.) just a suggestion

kropo82 likes this.
  18. TryingHard2Change

@SpouseofPA: yeah, that is the plan....I think the moderators approved the new group -- now someone has to create it.

We have 11 total PA's that want to be part of this group so far....I'm sure it will grow.

19. SpouseofPA

SpouseofPA Fapstronaut

Thats great news!
    i believe @ILoathePwife started a group maybe she can help you create it and explain how to make it private.

My husband may finally have a a place he can freely "talk about me" to seek help.