1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Single VS. Married

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by EXPONENTIALLY, Aug 9, 2019.

Is it REALLY worth it to marry and lose my virginity ?

1. YES, go for it ASAP

20 vote(s)
    69.0%
  2. NO, preserve yourself

9 vote(s)
    31.0%
  1. EXPONENTIALLY

EXPONENTIALLY Fapstronaut

You're the only one insulting here implying I'm retarded, maybe for pricking your own indoctrinated conscience. You then use gaslighting to try to bring me down to a sorry level, it's ridiculous, you're just being full of cringe as all lost RELIGIOUS people are. Go check yourself before trying to make me feel bad, acting like I don't know the real truth. I know enough about your cult to label it FAKE and very evil, as all Christians and even atheists do. Look up Christian Prince on YT to find out if you're really what you claim as a religious wolve in sheep's clothing. God's GRACE is greater than religion.

Enwar likes this.
  2. Enwar

Enwar Fapstronaut

I second watching Christian Prince.

EXPONENTIALLY likes this.
  3. 3nigma

3nigma Fapstronaut

You don’t marry someone to change them. You marry someone who already possesses traits you admire so much you want to be with them forever.

4. U begin insulting Islam when i was simply talking about mariage to smne else and then u say that i am provocative :')
    As i said u see evil everywhere and can't answer rationally, u victimise urself and misunderstand everything; i didnt said that ur religion was good or not, i just saw how weak ur faith was, some true Christians talk with me without insulting my religion, answering with words instead of taking a cross and saying go back satan.
    And ofc you redirect me to smne else because u cant explain things quietly by yourself without getting mad. I did the mistake to answer you i guess. I give up here my friend. God bless you (no need caps or black letters try to type peacefully )

5. No religion is more correct than the other. There all incorrect in my opionion.

You don't need a religion to have faith

6. EXPONENTIALLY

Exactly. God's grace is the truth you're FREE to trust in or not for your heavenly justification, NOT a religion full of foolish indoctrinated fearful hypocrites.

7. Absolutely not, dude. That's an extremely bad idea, and the Bible itself tells you so "Do not be unequally yolked." I know someone who is a believer and his wife is not, and my husband and I are sad for him often, when we are having great theological discussions and talking about our mutual love for God. We know that he doesn't have that in his marriage, and I just can't imagine that. Not to mention that they just had a baby, so what are they going to be teaching their child?

Getting into a relationship with the hope of "fixing" or changing the other person is an absolutely horrible idea. Please don't do that.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2019
  8. I understood ty for ur help :)
    Marriage is a shared path, if u are climbing to God and the other wanna go down listening to his passions and instincts u wont be able to climb and u might fall because of the rope. And on the contrary if both are climbing and one falls the other one will be here to help him.
    By the way i didnt know that God warned us in the Bible too

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2019
    Deleted Account likes this.
  9. Yep u do likes this.
  10. EXPONENTIALLY

Christians form the bride also called the church worldwide that will be raptured at the coming bridegroom. Because I'm a unique particular member in the body of Christ with specific gifts or abilities. And as the husband and wife are one flesh when married before God, so then is Christ in me and I in Him.

You know, I'm married to God, I'm adopted by God (from lost Gentile to the Christian family), I'm also born again by God in a new creature by the Spirit, I'm even bought by God being eternally redeemed, I'm as well grafted in. So you can pretty much say I'm WITH God forever. That's what it means. If you're just limited to your low carnal vision, then you can not comprehend that. Like Muslims saying "God can not have sexual intercourse with women (referring to the mother of Jesus)" whereas she was impregnated spiritually by the Holy Spirit and at the announcement of an Archangel without any physical and sexual activity. Because also Muslims are nicknamed "sons of the desert", did they ever questioned how the Earth can have sex with a woman then? You see, any lost religious person is blinded and carnal, they have to have a sincere heart to find the Truth, the Way and the Life which is Jesus Christ who is the Word, who is the Creator, who is God.

God bless you

11. Beamer

Beamer Distinguished Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

My Journal
    Kind reminder to treat each other with respect.
    Please discuss the facts, and don't make the discussions personal, thank you !

-Beamer
    NoFap Moderation Team

Yep u do likes this.
  12. EXPONENTIALLY

The scriptures say that for general fellowship I think, Christians should not associate with lost sinners even if they are called to win their souls, sharing the good news takes about 10 minutes of your time.

But I think Christians can marry unbelievers since the scriptures also say that the unbeliever is redeemed (or sanctified) by their Christian spouse and so overtime they would adjust the growing sanctification process to a common intimate romantic union that would be holier and more balanced. Thus, a lost person might get saved and cleansed by the redemptive quality of their Christian spouse. Because every Christian has that supernatural evangelistic aura in the sense that we as Christians want to save others from deceits and Hell.

But the scriptures also say that:

A false balance is abomination to the Lord: but a just weight is his delight. -Proverbs 11:1
    Such is the way of an adulterous woman; she eateth, and wipeth her mouth, and saith, I have done no wickedness. -Proverbs 30:20

So overall, yes I'd rather keep my reasonable expectations for my wife: Christian (saved), virgin, faithful, gorgeous and loving, sincerely serving, happy, etc. That's how I want her basically. So I follow my call surpassing worry anyway.

13. You are so completely wrong about all of this. I dont even know where to start.

First of all, I can't even begin to express how terrible it is that you think Christians are not supposed to associate with non-believers in fellowship. Did you just like... completely skip over the entire ministry of Jesus when you read the Bible? That's absurd. We are absolutely supposed to fellowship with non-believers. I don't have any idea where you get the crazy notion that we aren't and that "sharing the good news only takes 10 minutes of your time." That's such a damaging belief to hold. We are called to walk with people along their journey, to love them, to laugh with them and to mourn with them. Not to spend ten minutes with them, tell then about Jesus, and then walk away because they aren't "holy" enough for us to hang out with. That's truly insane, and if you think the Bible teaches that, you have a whole lot of learning to do. It's completely the opposite.

And no, we are not supposed to marry non believers. The scriptures are extremely clear on this. It says that if you are already married when you become a believer, you are supposed to stay with your spouse until they refuse to stay with you. If they refuse to stay with you because of your new faith, you are permitted to leave them. But if you are not yet married, you are not supposed to intentionally seek to marry a non-believer.

The guidelines for a good and healthy marriage are laid out very clearly. As is the fact that we are called to love everyone, even our enemies and non-believers, as much as we love ourselves. What part of that makes you think we aren't supposed to spend any time with them unless it's the 10 minutes we are telling them about Jesus? How is that loving? That's absolutely terrible evangelism, and it's not even close to mirroring the example Christ laid out for us. He spent almost more time with non-believers on earth than he did with his own followers, because he said that he came to heal the broken, and that the sick are the ones who need a doctor. He didn't go and tell them the good news and then run back to his little safe space with the disciples, nor did he ever instruct his followers to do so. He was intimately close with sinners and non-believers all the time. He dined with them, spent time in their homes with them, etc. I'm honestly flabbergasted to hear you try to claim that it's biblical of you to think you're not supposed to associate with non-believers. There's absolutely nothing in the Bible that says that, and a whole ton of stuff that shows the opposite.

letter, mrtumnus, jk243 and 2 others like this.
  14. Ty your message comforted my heart.
    There are a lot of religious extremists misunderstanding their religion and spreading hate, instead of peace and love. I hate every extremist, no matter what religion they follow, if they do. Thank you as a Muslim and for the Christians

15. EXPONENTIALLY

YOU SPREAD LIES !! That's why some churches today are corrupted and infected by the apostasy, 'tolerating and accepting' everyone.

During His EARTHLY ministry, Jesus ONLY went to JEWS. After His finished work at the cross, the New Testament and church age began with Christians (Jews and non-Jews) BUT we still ought to respect our BOUNDARIES against the wicked.

Let God speak !

But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel. -Matthew 15:24

These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not: But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. -Matthew 10:5-6

Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division: For from henceforth there shall be five in one house divided, three against two, and two against three. -Luke 12:51-52

Depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity; for the Lord hath heard the voice of my weeping. The Lord hath heard my supplication; the Lord will receive my prayer. Let all mine enemies be ashamed and sore vexed: let them return and be ashamed suddenly. -Psalms 6:8-10

This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away. -2 Timothy 3:1-5

Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them. -Romans 16:17

Go from the presence of a foolish man, when thou perceivest not in him the lips of knowledge. The wisdom of the prudent is to understand his way: but the folly of fools is deceit. Fools make a mock at sin: but among the righteous there is favour. -Proverbs 14-7

Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness? And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel? And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you. -2 Corinthians 6:14-17

Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you. -Matthew 7:6

I will set no wicked thing before mine eyes: I hate the work of them that turn aside; it shall not cleave to me. A froward heart shall depart from me: I will not know a wicked person. -Psalms 101:3-4

If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you. If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you. -Jean 15:18-19

These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world. -John 16:33

BY THE WAY:

Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection. But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. For Adam was first formed, then Eve. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression. -1 Timothy 2:11-14

THERE IS A WHOLE CHAPTER IN THE BIBLE ABOUT REJECTING WICKED PEOPLE ! 1 Corinthians 5

It is reported commonly that there is fornication among you, and such fornication as is not so much as named among the Gentiles, that one should have his father's wife. And ye are puffed up, and have not rather mourned, that he that hath done this deed might be taken away from among you.
    For I verily, as absent in body, but present in spirit, have judged already, as though I were present, concerning him that hath so done this deed, In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, when ye are gathered together, and my spirit, with the power of our Lord Jesus Christ, To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.
    Your glorying is not good. Know ye not that a little leaven leaveneth the whole lump? Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us: Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, neither with the leaven of malice and wickedness; but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.
    I wrote unto you in an epistle not to company with fornicators: Yet not altogether with the fornicators of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or with idolaters; for then must ye needs go out of the world.
    But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolator [hi @Yep u do ], or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat. For what have I to do to judge them also that are without? do not ye judge them that are within?
    But them that are without God judgeth. Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person.

THIS IS WHAT GOD SAID TO US !!

Stop disrespecting God's word (mainly as a "Christian").

God bless you. Sorry if I appeard mad.

At the end, yes, CHARITY is the most important (God's word confirms it) but KNOW WHEN to PRESERVE THE FLOCK.

Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. -Luke 22:36

Thou therefore, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus. And the things that thou hast heard of me among many witnesses, the same commit thou to faithful men, who shall be able to teach others also. Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ. -2 Timothy 2:1-3

Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness; And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace; Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:
    Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints; And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel, For which I am an ambassador in bonds: that therein I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak. -Ephesians 6:14-20

Oh, and what I said about married unbelievers is also confirmed, look it up, READ God's word maybe. But it's like you didn't even bother reading my post before replying to it, just to pick at me for a misdirected hatred it seems, because at the end I agreed with you about marrying a believer. You know what the scriptures say about those who reply a matter before studying it? Not so smart... Have a wonderful day !

Last edited: Aug 20, 2019
  16. jk243

jk243 Fapstronaut

You so wrong my dude and try to be humble. The bible called us to not marry unbelievers is so clear. Jesus was near the broken and sinners. He was with them not only preaching them. We must influence the world but how to change the world if we only locked in the church ...

letter, Yep u do and Deleted Account like this.
  17. Nope, not in the slightest.

Honestly, I should have learned my lesson. I just can't talk to you about religion. You're extremely misguided in almost everything you say about Christianity, and you seem to have no interest in being corrected. So I'll leave you be. Wish you would stop spreading that crap and giving Christians a bad name, but I can't control what you do. So carry on, I suppose.

letter and Yep u do like this.
  18. EXPONENTIALLY

Guys,

I shew you what God said and it proves my point, just read what I quoted (not out of context) for yourselves. Stop denying seriously, read God, not me ! You have your own free will. You choose to have itching ears or not. I'm not rejecting correction, because I'm the only one here that is Bible literate it seems first of all (only one to appropriately quote scriptures, explaining it), and secondly how can I be corrected in that sense by someone who doesn't know the scriptures and don't use it in her attempt to "correct" me and then goes "ok I'm not talking to you anymore" like a kid knowing the upcoming irrefutable fatal truth. Seriously, look at this. Am I a liar by supporting God's word ? NOT IN THE SLIGHTEST. And I'm the one "giving Christians a bad name" ? Give me a break, I stand for the Truth, as I'm happily following God's commandment ! Did you read my post before replying this time ? The rest is between you and your conscience, and you and God. Plus, I mean where's your meekness, your love (especially since we're both Christians apparently), your charity, behind all these harmful blind accusations ? Do you know "Satan" means the "accuser"? Anyway, I don't hold grudge at all. Now God bless you.

I'm not denying Jesus coming for sinners at all, I wouldn't be saved otherwise. But love has boundaries and godly rules. God chastises them that He loves for example, God builds character, God assures well-being to them that love Him, mainly He gave them eternal life and a place in Heaven. Would you let a wolf assault your flock ? Or what would you do if you see a predator around your children ? Right? It's love too.

About the unbeliever redeemed in the Christian marriage with a Christian spouse, God allowed marriage mainly if they were married before being saved, plus Jesus (God) is AGAINST divorce to begin with, and here's what Paul said, (and remember Paul said 'be followers of me' in his epistle for Christ's sake):

But to the rest speak I, not the Lord: If any brother hath a wife that believeth not, and she be pleased to dwell with him, let him not put her away. And the woman which hath an husband that believeth not, and if he be pleased to dwell with her, let her not leave him. For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband: else were your children unclean; but now are they holy. -1 Corinthians 7:12-14

So for this silly unwanted debate, I can honestly say I'm good enough with my conscience and with my Lord God Creator alright, so if you want to keep hating on me for telling it like it is, feel free. LOOK AT WHAT GOD SAID.

These zombie movies start to feel deep these days, anyway. I hope you have all a nice day. Anyway.

Let's beat this addiction, so we may enjoy a happy marriage for now. Lol

Btw @Self Worth YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO FEEL THAT WAY, THAT'S YOUR OWN BELIEF SYSTEM CURRENTLY. God USED men to write HIS own word, like you would use a computer for typing if you will. It is explained in Peter. And @Castielle Jesus was AGAINST religion, it's about God's GRACE, religion is man made traditions that corrupt and pervert always in the end, what's the point of the cross ? Read Colossians 2 maybe. Anyway don't want this thread removed to a different place, just had to set things right here.

& I want to say regardless of your belief, keep it up guys, I wish you well. God bless

Last edited: Aug 15, 2019
  19. I could say the exact same thing to you.

20. Uh... okay? What does that have to do with anything I said? I didn't say anything about "religion."