1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Single VS. Married

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by EXPONENTIALLY, Aug 9, 2019.

Is it REALLY worth it to marry and lose my virginity ?

1. YES, go for it ASAP

20 vote(s)
    69.0%
  2. NO, preserve yourself

9 vote(s)
    31.0%
  1. That right there is your problem. You are so set in your arrogant assumption that you know everything and can't possibly be wrong, that you take every disagreement as people "hating on you." I am not hating on you. I'm correcting your false theology. There is absolutely nothing in the Bible that says you shouldn't spend more than 10 minutes with a non-believer, and a ton of evidence to suggest that God wants us to spend more time with unbelievers than with other believers. Just look at the life of Jesus. You're completely ignoring that and just responding with "you're a hater" and "God hates religion." That has nothing to do with anything.

Nobody is hating on you in here, least of all me. I want you to stop believing and spreading lies about God. I want you to know what's true. But you seem completely unwilling to even listen, because you think you know everything. And I hope and pray you will grow in that, because your false doctrine can cause a lot of damage to people. I don't think it's your intention to spread false doctrine or to hurt anyone, but it's what you're doing. And whenever anyone tries to tell you that, you close your ears and tell them they don't know what they're talking about. I do, actually. I've been a Christian my whole life, taken many Bible classes at a wonderful Christian University, and been heavily involved in church ministry for most of my life. But if you don't want to listen and entertain the idea that you might be wrong about something, there's nothing more I can say. I've tried to speak truth to you many times, and you never listen, so I'm going to stop casting pearls before swine here.

recon117, Yep u do and jk243 like this.
  2. EXPONENTIALLY

EXPONENTIALLY Fapstronaut

You NEVER mentioned any scripture, only your own interpretation of Jesus earthly ministry which again was directly to Jews and not us Christian nowadays.
    you think Christianity = religion, like Catholicism for example but Christianity is a free sincere belief and a heart and therefore behavioural positive transformation.

3. EXPONENTIALLY

You ARE entitled to your incorrect OPINION, still ZERO God's word, it's as if you'd say " look at what I did, look at my works, I don't know what God said but I'm sure there's many evidences to back up my opinion and my ego perhaps ".

So in the hope you'll read WHAT GOD HAS TO SAY ON THE MATTER, I'll just copy paste my previous scriptural PROOF, then do what you want with it.

:emoji_rewind:During His EARTHLY ministry, Jesus ONLY went to JEWS. After His finished work at the cross, the New Testament and church age began with Christians (Jews and non-Jews) BUT we still ought to respect our BOUNDARIES against the wicked.

Let God speak !

But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel. -Matthew 15:24

These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not: But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. -Matthew 10:5-6

Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division: For from henceforth there shall be five in one house divided, three against two, and two against three. -Luke 12:51-52

Depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity; for the Lord hath heard the voice of my weeping. The Lord hath heard my supplication; the Lord will receive my prayer. Let all mine enemies be ashamed and sore vexed: let them return and be ashamed suddenly. -Psalms 6:8-10

This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away. -2 Timothy 3:1-5

Go from the presence of a foolish man, when thou perceivest not in him the lips of knowledge. The wisdom of the prudent is to understand his way: but the folly of fools is deceit. Fools make a mock at sin: but among the righteous there is favour. -Proverbs 14-7

Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness? And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel? And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you. -2 Corinthians 6:14-17

Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you. -Matthew 7:6

I will set no wicked thing before mine eyes: I hate the work of them that turn aside; it shall not cleave to me. A froward heart shall depart from me: I will not know a wicked person. -Psalms 101:3-4

If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you. If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you. -Jean 15:18-19

These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world. -John 16:33

BY THE WAY:

Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection. But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. For Adam was first formed, then Eve. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression. -1 Timothy 2:11-14

THERE IS A WHOLE CHAPTER IN THE BIBLE ABOUT REJECTING WICKED PEOPLE ! 1 Corinthians 5

It is reported commonly that there is fornication among you, and such fornication as is not so much as named among the Gentiles, that one should have his father's wife. And ye are puffed up, and have not rather mourned, that he that hath done this deed might be taken away from among you.
    For I verily, as absent in body, but present in spirit, have judged already, as though I were present, concerning him that hath so done this deed, In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, when ye are gathered together, and my spirit, with the power of our Lord Jesus Christ, To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.
    Your glorying is not good. Know ye not that a little leaven leaveneth the whole lump? Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us: Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, neither with the leaven of malice and wickedness; but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.
    I wrote unto you in an epistle not to company with fornicators: Yet not altogether with the fornicators of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or with idolaters; for then must ye needs go out of the world.
    But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolator [hi @Yep u do ], or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat. For what have I to do to judge them also that are without? do not ye judge them that are within?
    But them that are without God judgeth. Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person.

THIS IS WHAT GOD SAID TO US !!

Stop disrespecting God's word (mainly as a "Christian").

God bless you. Sorry if I appeard mad.

At the end, yes, CHARITY is the most important (God's word confirms it) but KNOW WHEN to PRESERVE THE FLOCK.

Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. -Luke 22:36

Thou therefore, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus. And the things that thou hast heard of me among many witnesses, the same commit thou to faithful men, who shall be able to teach others also. Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ. -2 Timothy 2:1-3

Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness; And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace; Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:
    Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints; And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel, For which I am an ambassador in bonds: that therein I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak. -Ephesians 6:14-20

Last edited: Aug 20, 2019
  4. EXPONENTIALLY

Btw Idk why you try to argue. You know debate is sinful, and Satan means "the accuser"? If anything, I'm clarifying some things on the Bible. If you want to edify go ahead, but you're just picking at me for whatever reason without any valuable motive rather than your own conceit it seems. Example of you LYING:
    I NEVER said that I know everything nor even thought about it, now if you can read minds, exercise more.
    You take my words out of context to fit your own argument
    wrong claim without evidence, you don't show the famous evidence, I however shew you what God said on the matter and it favours my point. It's not to boost my ego, it's to edify.

For there must be also heresies among you, that they which are approved may be made manifest among you. -1 Corinthians 11:19

Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. -2 Timothy 2:15

Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood. -Acts 20:28

In the end we both agree and trust in Jesus as our Lord God and Saviour, well I hope you got saved and on your way to Heaven.

I'm not denying charity, charity (mainly of heart, not necessarily financially which can be hypocritical and work-based instead of a sincere fruit of the Spirit) is the most important thing once you're saved, and everyone has their own pace in the growing sanctification process. But establishing balance and boundaries is essential for any sincere charity or love. Sacrifice is not self-neglect basically. We are also called to be clean and to enjoy what God gives us richly, that can be part of charity in some way, anyway.

Hope that discussion is closed. You can pm me if you have questions. You know that's a little rude to pollute my thread like that? Now God bless

Last edited: Aug 16, 2019
  5. Gladly. You are incapable of seeing anything but your own views, so I have zero interest in continuing any kind of conversation with you.

6. EXPONENTIALLY

I see what God says* Have a good one.

7. Proverbs 18:22 22He who finds a wife finds what is good and receives favor from the LORD.

8. EXPONENTIALLY

WIFE =/= woman

Proverbs 5:3-13 (KJV) For the lips of a strange woman drop as an honeycomb, and her mouth is smoother than oil: But her end is bitter as wormwood, sharp as a twoedged sword. Her feet go down to death; her steps take hold on hell. Lest thou shouldest ponder the path of life, her ways are moveable, that thou canst not know them. Hear me now therefore, O ye children, and depart not from the words of my mouth. Remove thy way far from her, and come not nigh the door of her house: Lest thou give thine honour unto others, and thy years unto the cruel: Lest strangers be filled with thy wealth; and thy labours be in the house of a stranger; And thou mourn at the last, when thy flesh and thy body are consumed, And say, How have I hated instruction, and my heart despised reproof; And have not obeyed the voice of my teachers, nor inclined mine ear to them that instructed me!

Wife = help meet for her husband

But nowadays I'd rather be free and cool I guess.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2019
  9. I appreciate all of what you have had to say to me today. I've had an opportunity to respond in kindness and love. Thank you.

EXPONENTIALLY likes this.
  10. EXPONENTIALLY

It's my priviledge. Stay blessed! It's alright

Mr. McMarty likes this.
  11. EXPONENTIALLY

The 2 reasons why I'd like to have my wife is to cure loneliness and to not waste my attractiveness since I might please her visually and also intellectually and emotionally I guess, spiritually off course. I'm like "what's the point of being handsome if I don't have my wife ?" God may use me for video to win souls perhaps? And I can't love myself because that is pride which leads to folly, so I just want to feel loved constantly, exponentially, faithfully.

12. In the case of Donald and Melania Trump, what you say may be true. Marriage can also be two people who love eachother working together for something they both want. The woman in the marriage should also want to have sex with the man. You should marry a woman who actually wants you and who you are sure you can trust.

1978 likes this.
  13. 3nigma

3nigma Fapstronaut

Loving is a two-way street. Ya gotta wanna love outwardly too. Another thing, you don't think about starting a family sometimes? That's why most people get married.

14. EXPONENTIALLY

Plus the husband is the redeemer in the couple, in the sense that he edifies and makes his wife blossom in grace, like Christ does with His ex-sinner's church. That requires a strong patience and a good character to keep her from cheating also. Her beauty only awakes me to that very duty I guess, but beauty is vain and her heart might be very wicked considering the present evil world. Well just elaborating the pessimistic half of the glass here. I mean going for it anyway is becoming too risky for me right now, better build up some freedom and wealth before trying to afford a potential social legal nightmare from a psychopathic person. The Bible warns against it many times. So I may have to do a smart sacrifice avoiding youthful lusts I guess, but just to embrace greater future blessings probably. Bittersweet lukewarm situation currently, but it's all good.

15. EXPONENTIALLY

16. Wesker321

Wesker321 New Fapstronaut

I think while you single you can do whatever the hell that you want. Don't get me wrong; I love doing things together w/my wife and exploring new things together but I think that there of number of things that we would do if we were single without having to worry about the other person's likes/dislikes

EXPONENTIALLY likes this.