1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

"Baby It's Cold Outside"

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Ra's Al Ghul, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Ra's Al Ghul

Ra's Al Ghul Fapstronaut

I thought I heard it all. Now this song is being accused of promoting date rape. smh

Please insert funny memes, I can't take this world anymore.

2. Ra's Al Ghul

Ra's Al Ghul Fapstronaut

3. I'm relived that this didn't turn out to be another dick size thread.

4. Well if were going after holiday songs what about the lerics to the santa clause song " he sees you when your sleeping he knows when your awake he knows if you been bad or good" , SOUNDS LIKE A DAM STALKER;)

5. This issue is another example of stupid people taking a song out of context. Saying “what’s in this drink” was a way of playing off your behavior and blaming it on your drink even if it was non-alcoholic. It’s a jokingly way to “excuse” behavior and in that song it’s being used by the woman as a funny excuse to STAY with the guy because SHE wants to!

If the song is against anything it is against slut-shaming since the woman doesn’t want leave, but feels compelled to go because she fears what the neighbors will think of her if she stays the night, alone, with the man. That was a big societal “no no” for women back when the song was made. A time when being lady like meant showing men you weren’t easily enticed by the prospect of sex.

In short; She wants to stay, she wants to play, but she’s afraid of what the neighbors will say!

Edit:

Forgot the meme
    2457E1A3-C5CF-4031-BFC9-77B32D2F4996.jpeg

6. Gotham Outlaw

Gotham Outlaw Fapstronaut

I won't be outmemed.

Kowalski Analysis 06122018155818.jpg

Is This a Pigeon 06122018155954.jpg

7. Haha...I heard bout this today. I also heard they want Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer movie pulled because it promotes bullying, ughhh. What I'd like to know is who are "they." The reports I heard on TV and the radio refer to the complainers as "they." Well who are they? Is it an organized group? A single person? Does anyone know?

thorswrath32 likes this.
  8. Ra's Al Ghul

Ra's Al Ghul Fapstronaut

Those threads need its own sub group titled "muh dick".

9. Well... they're not really wrong. It's a super weird song. I mean its catchy and I'm not over here whining about it or anything, but it definitely promotes a terrible type of relationship. A woman saying no over and over and over, and the man continuing to pressure her into saying yes. I cant see how anyone could argue that's a good, healthy, nice song. Its catchy, sure, but it's a crappy song with a terrible message.

10. Jackb97

Jackb97 Fapstronaut

Second half of the song is a woman constantly asking a man.

11. Jackb97

Jackb97 Fapstronaut

2018 for you. Everyone offended by that song needs deleting. The whole point of the song is the female is playing hard to get. Not saying no because she's uncomfortable.
    But romance in 2018? Whats the point when there is so many thots and feminazis about.

Gotham Outlaw and Ra's Al Ghul like this.
  12. I think what most people do not understand is that women in the 30’s and 40’s weren’t suppose to be unchaperoned when with a man. The mans role in the song is him complementing her while conviencing her to stay by implying she can use the excuse that it’s cold outside, there’s a storm, it’s unsafe for her to leave on her own.

Her responses:

“this evening has been so very nice”

“Well maybe just a half a drink more”

“I wish I knew how to break this spell. I ought to say no,no ,no sir” - She knows the society she lives in expects her to leave since to stay is unlady like. Yet her desire to stay is overriding, like a spell, her ability to do what she’s expected to do as a lady.

“Well maybe just a cigarette more...and I don’t even smoke” - She’s willing to smoke a cigarette just to stay longer and she doesn’t even smoke!

“You’ve been grand, but don’t you see? There’s bound to be talk tomorrow. At least there will be plenty implied!” - Here she openly tells him what she’s really afraid of, the slut shaming. If people don’t accuse her of being slutty they will imply it!

“Okay fine, that took a lot of conviencing” - Meaning what the hell! Fuck what everyone from my father, sister, brother, and maiden aunt will say or imply. I’m gonna stay! Alone. With you because I’m having fun!

This song is far from creepy.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2018
  13. I didn't get that from it at all, growing up or even now. I mean honestly it's just a song, but if it were real she wasn't exactly trying very hard was she? Either way I never felt he was coming on all rapey or anything.

14. ? What song are you listening to? The entire song is her saying no and him continuing to ask. I literally just read the full lyrics, and there is no second half where she is asking him.

15. I didnt either. I would say it's more of her being coy, and I'm not claiming it's about rape. I'm just saying, the man in the song is being awfully pushy and aggressive, and in this day and age, it is a bit odd to listen to, in my opinion. It's not like she just says she isnt sure or something, she keeps saying no over and over throughout the entire song. Any decent man in real life, at that point, should have just said okay and not pushed it further.

Obviously its just a song though. I'm not making it a big deal or anything, just to be clear, before anybody gets their panties in a bunch or something. I'm not the one who posted a thread about it. It's not a big deal at all or worth complaining about. But if we are on the subject, I would say yes, that song is weird and I would not want a man to act that way in reality.

16. See, you're talking about the past though. And yes, that's a good argument if you're trying to make sure people know that the writer of the song isnt a creep. But it's not a good argument for whether or not it's an appropriate song today. Times have changed, and it comes across very different now, to a lot of people.

Again, obviously it's not a big deal, but I can see peoples point about it seeming creepy. I dont personally find it a "problematic" song, but I can see why some people might see it that way. Its certainly far from being the dumbest thing feminists have been outraged about lately. At least this makes some sense, to me at least.

17. 0111zerozero11

0111zerozero11 Fapstronaut

18. I disagree with you, since if the song is taken in the proper context it’s a perfectly acceptable song even for today’s time. That’s the point.

It wasn’t a big deal until people started bitching about it because they’re offended by a song they’re taking out of context. The only thing worse is people caitering to their stupidity.

Gotham Outlaw likes this.
  19. Perfectly fine. You're entitled to your opinion, just as people who believe the song is bad are entitled to theirs.

See, the thing is though, from the outside looking in, this thread is just as immature and dumb as that. You're all here bitching and moaning about them bitching and moaning.

Everyone has different standards for what they think is damaging or not. You're allowed to feel that the song is fine, and they're allowed to feel that it's not. They're allowed to complain about the song, and you're allowed to complain about them complaining about it. Just seems funny to me.