1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Wish I could redo my life

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Nov 13, 2018.

1. Anyone else know this feel? Not to actually go back to the past, but rather go back and undo some things and come back to the present. I'm suffering now because of my stupid adolescent past self that didn't 'care' about anything. Life would be so less stressful now, had I been less wild and wreckless back then.

Deleted Account likes this.
  2. 0111zerozero11

0111zerozero11 Fapstronaut

Who said your life is over?
    Life is full of mistakes. The lesson, is to figure out/understand why those mistakes were made.
    I was a wild child. I did some crazy stuff in my youth. Instead of denying/feeling shame, I've embraced it & I thank God for those experiences. They made me who I am today. I took the initiative to understand why I was a rebel.
    Some choices I've made in the past were poor, but I was a curious girl. It is my personality. Curiosity killed the cat.

Life is what you make of it. Saying that it would be easier had you not been so wild & reckless could be true, however, it's an excuse. Figure out why you were reckless & continued to be reckless; that's your key to a life of purpose.

Best wishes :)

3. ClaritySeeker

ClaritySeeker Fapstronaut

Never too late to change, how old are you? Guess it doesn't matter, but even if you're 70, it's still never late to change. It's important to learn from your mistakes and prevent them from happening again. Everyone who succeeds has failed somewhere along the way, it's what you do after those failures that matters most. I agree with @cakeinacrisis

Fixmybrain and 0111zerozero11 like this.
  4. WhoCares101

WhoCares101 Fapstronaut

Oh crap, so much stuff I would redo. I did NOT have an adolescent past and hate that I sat around with a bunch of nerds playing cards. It was such a waste. Then after that I I got a crappy job instead of going back to school, a job I have now had for 13 years and j hate every second of it. Never enough time, money or anything. So yeah I would change a LOT. I would do things tr he right way live a little instead of being stuck in the rut of a nothing life and drowning on 33 years of mud.

Fixmybrain likes this.
  5. Iamdone

Iamdone Fapstronaut

I am forgiven, my past has made me who I am today and for the most part I like who I am today. I know so many people who lived on the straight and narrow and while they had a fairly uneventful life I wouldn’t say that I would be happier if I had their life. I think that I have a fairly deep understanding and compassion for people and that has come from overcoming obstacles and shortcomings/difficulties. I’m 60 and I’m OK. Just learn to live with it theres really no such thing as a magic eraser. Acceptance is the beginning of change.

Fixmybrain and recon117 like this.
  6. I'm 23, it's just that I'm starting to realize how stupid I used to be. Guess life is a learning lesson after all though

I hear ya

7. ClaritySeeker

ClaritySeeker Fapstronaut

You're young, you have lots of time to course correct and make life go the way you want it. The earlier you start, the better

8. :)

9. titkata92

titkata92 Fapstronaut

Its never too late to do something new. After I read about to elderly woman running a marathon at 88 years. I realized that, was never too late.

ClaritySeeker and Fixmybrain like this.