Why there are people who denies the Holocaust?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by jk243, Apr 4, 2020.

1. jk243

jk243 Fapstronaut

Apart from being anti-Jewish, why there are so many people who still not believe that the holocaust has never taken place? What are their reasons ?

2. Joe1023

Joe1023 Fapstronaut

My guess is that some of them were brain-washed into thinking it never happened, some are nazi-sympathizers, and others just want a reaction but they don't actually believe it never happened.

AlphaGod, jk243 and Leader of ME like this.
  3. I would like to say that there's an explanation, because there could be something to work on.
    But you know I don't want to be offensive or something but sometimes people are moron, and there's no reason in that.
    They want to live like this, I mean in here there's the theory that also Covid-19 is fiction created by mask's lobby, so they go out without it because they're smarter.
    There's flat-earth society.
    There's people who believe that slavery is good.
    So don't try to find explanation because you won't find them.
    In here we have a say :
    "You can't play chess with a pigeon, you could be the best player in the world, still it would just jump on the chessboard
    and break the chessmen believing he won"

4. recon117

recon117 Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

hehe you forgot wireless radiation aka 5G which is setup by the government to go full on mass surveillance:rolleyes:

5. Yeah but I heard they believe it most in the UK so I heard about it not so much here:).
    We prefer classic in Italy. The good old secret society that runs the world and decide everything.

recon117 likes this.
  6. Oh and since we are on this forum
    There's people who believes in black-pill, incel, chad and things like that.
    Just saying.

jk243, Raven King and recon117 like this.
  7. hollyman

hollyman Fapstronaut

well i believe that,,

in fact some happen on 2019 -2020 like the extermination of Uyghur Muslim by China govt where they made the concentration camp and just killed and maybe harvest the organ, it like 2019 Nazi ,,, history repeted itself bro

8. ShadyPerson

ShadyPerson Fapstronaut

Some things just can be really hard to prove beyond doubt. History happens to be one of them.

The history is always written by the winners and by the people at charge. Therefore it's easy to see why certain political interests could have affected it. For instance if you want your war effort and executions following it to look as justified as possible, telling the world that your enemy was an inhumane monster responsible for a genocide would be a good idea. If you built built extermination camps on your enemy's territory because I guess reasons, it would be convenient to blame it on your enemy. If you wanted your religion to get pity points, exaggerating the opression you had to bear would be a good way to do it. These are the kind of talking points that the holocaust deniers use. And superficially they can sound eerily convincing when coupled with some arguments.

Superficially. Of course those talking points are bullshit. The allied didn't fake the holocaust, the soviets didn't build extermination camps and blame it on nazies, the jews didn't lie about being exterminated. Holocaust is propably the most well documented event in history. Faking such a huge event and getting everyone involved with it to lie that it did happen is next to impossible.

Yet one can never disprove the idea of a world wide conspiracy. And especially if one has ideas similar to the ones nazies had, it can be tempting to believe in the conspiracy rather than in the evidence. After all what happened in the past can never be proven. And in a time where people who actually lived to see the horrors are getting fewer and fewer it's so easy the question if it ever really happened.

jk243, ....... and Ghost in the Shell like this.
  9. Because they are morons. Or trolling, or playing 100D chess with people.

jk243, Hros and recon117 like this.
  10. Hros

Hros Fapstronaut

Not too long ago I wasted a couple of hours of my life looking up information about a certain independent "reporter" because I was discussing his claims with someone on a certain forum. I actually sat down to listen to one of that person's podcasts, where he interviewed a real Holocaust denier. The interviewee was a real piece of work. He thinks, based on "research" that Jews really control the world and pull the strings of the US government to their advantage (which is not always in the best interest of the American people). Therefore, he believes that the Holocaust was invented by Jews as a sob-story to make everyone feel sorry for them. He also stated that the most amazing book he ever read was Hitler's Mein Kampf and that Hitler was a true visionary.

After that queasy experience, I went to his site where he has a whole section dedicated to the Jewish conspiracy. I almost threw up just from skimming through that.

Point is, these kind of people are looking to blame others for their problems. Instead of coming to places like NoFap to better themselves and those around them, they just look for who to blame. It's pathetic, really.

11. You can choose every consipirancy theory, they all start from this.
    Some lobby that controls the world. It's the "out of jail" card.
    You say something? it's because they want you to say it.
    You see something? it's because they want you to see it.
    You prove something? it's because they control everything and they changed the things to prove that.
    You can't attack them. It's the perfect tactic.

12. Hros

Hros Fapstronaut

Yeah, I agree.
    - "Prove it!"
    - "Prove it's not like that!"
    o_O

fg4795 and recon117 like this.
  13. It is their freedom to disagree and voice those disagreement. So long as they are not advocating violence then they have the right to voice thier opinions no matter how bizarre. Surely that was one of the main reason for us fighting Facism .
    Freedom of speech means listening to,view points that you do not agree with.

14. If by that you mean UK entering WW2 then no, that had absolutely nothing to do with freedom of speech.
    It does not. Freedom of speech grants you the permission to say nonsense but I certainly don't have to listen to it.

jeffmbaptist and jk243 like this.
  15. So freedom of speech was not one of the reasons to fight fascist oppression ! What nonsense .
    Failing to listen to the other side in any society is not good, just because you disagree does not make your point of view correct . At one time everyone thought the world was flat and Galileo was mad to think otherwise .
    I did not say anything about WW 2 . I said fighting Fascism .

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2020
  16. I see that you edited your answer which originally mentioned Churchill. Perhaps after finding out that it was Chamberlain who declared war on Germany, not Churchill.

17. Raven King

Raven King Fapstronaut

I think a lot of Holocaust deniers, and anti-antisemitism comes from jealousy. Jews spread around the world and were known(and still are) for being successful in their business. At the same time, they made of point of preserving their culture, heritage and religion. As we all know, many people are afraid of people who are different from themselves and when they also are successful, they seem them as a threat to their own culture and success. Humans love scapegoating, and it seems it's very easy to blame rich, Jewish people for everything that's wrong with the world, instead of actually trying to make it better yourself. Humans also love taking the victim role.

I have heard people say that Holocaust was invented, just so that the Jews could gain pity from the U.N and get their land back in the middle east. It's incredibly ridiculous.

Supination, Hros and jk243 like this.
  18. Who mentioned the war ?

19. ShadyPerson

ShadyPerson Fapstronaut

I know the narrative about anti-semitism being about envy is a common one and without a doubt envy has played at least some part in why jews have been hated, but I feel like it's too simple of an explanation to a really complex issue. I don't want to bash on your views, but I think it's important to know that oftentimes there just isn't an easy explanation for mindless hatered.

20. I am quite aware that Churchill was not prime minister at the beginning of the war or at the end having been replaced by Atlee .