1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

What men need to know about choosing a woman.

Discussion in 'Rebooting in a Relationship' started by RyanRVA, Jun 27, 2015.

1. Examined Life

Examined Life Fapstronaut

Hmm. I don't want to change the topic of the thread, but I don't think those arguments are valid. I was curious to see if you had a new perspective on the topic that maybe could change my viewpoint. Thanks for your reply though.

I don't think it really matters what your belive in as long as your are on the path of growth and discovery, so I'll take whatever practical advice is offered and leave the rest aside.

2. I just gave you practical way. Ask God for Divine love.... I'm telling you how, but if you don't do it, that's not my fault. I've felt God's divine love and it is a powerful experience available for anyone to enjoy. This is the proof I am providing for you. Everyone says they want proof of God. I'm providing it for you right now.

Have you sincerely with a longing heart asked God for divine love?

3. Examined Life

I think you don't realize how silly this sounds to me or any atheist. "Have you trully and sincerely asked the unicorns from the dark side of the moon for love?"

4. I don't actually care about how silly it sounds. It's as simple as it sounds. That's why you think it's stupid.

You're still knocking something you have not tried.............

5. Examined Life

What I meant was that it's impossible for a reasonable human to ask anything sincerely and with an open heart to some entity you don't belive in

6. No, the desire comes from a place of wanting to truly (sincerely) know if God exists or not, without the arrogance. It's about giving the possibility that God exists a chance, but it seems you cannot do such a thing. It starts with the open mindedness this it is possible. If you do not have that actual curiosity, then my time spent here with you is pointless...

7. Examined Life

To me the idea of a godess stands equal to all other entities of which we have no evidence for. Why should I be open to god and not unicorns, or not supersayans. Should I waste any minute trying to pray to unicorns to enquire about their existence?

You priviledge the idea of god over these other ideas I mentioned because you think you have evidence for its existence. But the arguments you mentioned have been all dissmissed by philosophers and scientists. The design argument for living beings was debunked by Charles Darwin two centuries ago. And the argument that the complexity of the universe demands a Creator doesn't quite work, because it just explains the complexity of the universe by leaving the complexity of the Creator unexplained. Who created the Creator? If the creator can arise from nothing, so can the universe. If the Creator has always existed, the same could be said about the universe. Do you have true desire to enquire if unicorns exist? Do you think it's arrogant to assume they don't exist?

Edit: I have a lot of curiosity for the Universe. And it seems to me really mysterious. I'm don't think I'm close minded, as I try everything by myself before judging.

8. Going back and forth about unicorns again. If you're too arrogant to even try to ask God for divine love, then please move on. Go do something else. You're boring me...... I've just told you that I've received some of God's divine love... If you do not want to believe that, then I cannot help you. I do not have time to try and theorise this. It's not about intellect, this is something where you need to engage your heart and emotions. If you don't want to try this, move on........

9. Examined Life

I don't think you tried (thought) any of the things I said either. So don't come of as the one who is trying. I think we can agree that my (god given) free will is annoying you.

10. You didn't ask me to try anything....... I've already felt God's Divine love. As I said, this is one of the only ways to tell if God exists and you do not want to try it.

I'm not annoyed, so don't try and throw something else into the picture. I just find this interaction pointless. I'm giving you something practical to try, but you refuse. That is fine, so what else is there to talk about? Move on then.... You say you have curiosity about the universe. I do not believe you. You wont try something so simple as this. You don't have curiosity, you just like to idly go back and forth about non sense.

You've used your free will. Move on then..

11. Examined Life

I apologize for my attitude in this post. My words didn't came from the right place. I'm too caught up with my views and this brings only suffering, I think what you said about the link between anger-addiction applies in this case. Whenever I don't agree with someone else, I get angry. Especially if we are talking about world views.

12. RyanRVA

RyanRVA Fapstronaut

A long time ago when I used to meditate, I would focus on quieting the mind. My goal would be to go 10 seconds without thinking, then maybe 30 seconds, then longer and longer. Eventually I got to the point where I wasn't thinking unless I chose to think, even while not meditating. At that point, I wondered what I should even do while meditating. Turns out there was plenty to do, I focused on the energy and the movement of the energy in my body. I realized that most people will never experience that because they haven't moved past the mind battle yet. This is the fundamental problem with intellect.

While we contemplate, we are blind. Some people spend their whole lives thinking, and so they never see.

Ironically, it becomes so much easier to speak and create from this position of emptiness.

What is the difference between faith and beleif? Beleif is something that alters your perception of the world. It can cause a form of blindness. It implies intellectual information. For example, one might say that they believe in Darwin's ideas and so they see the world differently.

Faith is more like trust. It could be as simple as getting in your car and trusting that you will not be in an accident and therefore you relax and enjoy the driving. It is more of a state that can be practiced as opposed to information. It is a lack of resistance you could say. This oppeness is available to everyone. It is required in order to perceive what @AlltheRageBackHome is talking about. You also have to be really familiar with the body to know when something is perceives vs created by the body/mind.

Most intellectuals cannot grasp this because their grip is too strong.

@JustBert123 , nice job on coming around with that debate. How are things going by the way ? It's been a while since I spoke to you. Sounded like things were going pretty well for you.

13. Examined Life

Hey Ryan,

Thanks for your interest. I've nothing to add for now. Still working on the same things. I guess it will take time to see noticeble improvement. I'll keep you informed for sure. I'm very grateful for your support

14. MrCharacter

MrCharacter Fapstronaut

In your signature, how do go about meeting those goals?

15. All of them I am living right now. Which ones do you mean specifically?

16. MrCharacter

MrCharacter Fapstronaut

All of them.

17. I'm already living by them...

18. MrCharacter

MrCharacter Fapstronaut

Could you teach me how you go about achieving them.

19. Okay, well which one would you like to start with?

20. MrCharacter

MrCharacter Fapstronaut

Sexual transmutation/cultivating sexual energy.