1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Vegan

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by TheOneAndOnlyPastry, Sep 17, 2017.

1. Please do Not comment on this thread. There were too many negative people commenting and I can't answer all of them. Have a nice day!

Last edited: Sep 21, 2017
    BeautyForAshes, danielghbr and AM141 like this.
  2. Pepper M.

Pepper M. Fapstronaut

Good for you! But the reason I don't want to go vegan: cheeeseburgersssssss <3 LOL. Did you every try to go vegetarian, (like still eat eggs and milk and stuff) and if so, did you find any difference in your skin with that?

Son of a Bitch likes this.
  3. I cut out pork and bacon before I went vegan but I never went vegetarian. Also, watch videos about how the cows are killed to make that cheeseburger. Look up the health risks of animal products. Avoid research funded by the animal byproduct industry and research funded by PETA, they are both very biased.

danielghbr likes this.
  4. I wish I could go vegan but since it has lots of fermentable carbohydrates it will do no good for me

5. Swedish, anyone can go vegan if they truly believe. I am allergic to half the fruits and vegetables that exist and I am vegan. I only have to take 1 vitamin supplement (vitamin b12). I just did a little research on fermentable carbohydrates and it looks like it would take some time to make a vegan diet work with that dietary restriction. talk to a professional nutritionist about that if you are truly interested in going vegan.

6. Naaa, it's really impossible since my stomach gets a little fcked up by eating fermentable carbohydrates and that's basically 80% of the vegan lifestyle. I'm vegetarian though and that's hard enough

danielghbr likes this.
  7. User047

User047 Fapstronaut

Glad to hear it is working great for you.
    I am vegetarian for the past 70+ Days and I am really happy with my decision. I do not crave meat or any products that contains it.

As for going Vegan, that is a bit harder decisions to make, not because I can't live without diary products but because you gotta improve your cooking skills :)
    I will do that some time in the future, for now I am happy with just being vegetarian.

The best benefit is has helped me to understand: I don' live to eat, I eat to live.
    Changed my attitude towards food drastically and I am actually reading the ingredients part of every single product before eating it.

8. This might sound dumb to some people, but honestly a strict diet like that is not worth it to me, even if it makes me healthier and live longer or whatever. I would rather die early and get to enjoy meat and dairy products while I'm alive.

Deleted Account likes this.
  9. Vega jam is a bit too extreme for me. While I could give up say, red meat and processed meats, I couldn't give up all meat. If I could I would totally live on wild game but I have to work, do kid shit, etc. so I don't have enough time to hunt ad fill up a freezer. But if I had the time...

10. Wolves

Wolves Fapstronaut

Lol Vegans aren't healthy. If you're not eating heaps of processed crap you are going to be more healthy then the average person "I found out that my body was getting rid of junk it didn't need because it wasn't digesting animal products anymore" This quote right here is stupid, as animal products are eaiser to digest then any other food. Beans and Lentils are impossible for humans to fully digest, thus causing inflamantion to the intenstines and the gut, thats why you get gas from Beans and Lentils, because we cant digest them and they are the stable vegan foods. Beans & Lentils aren't human foods, no matter what you try to say. Same as Grains. They all contain phytic acid which blocks absortion of Magnesium, Zinc,Manganese and Iron. Also your acne was probably from dairy or maybe some additives if you were previously eating processed food. I discovered that emulfisers in processed food cause acne. I support quality meat, fish & egg consumption, but I dont support dairy.

1. Vitamin A from plants is highly unabsorable and half the population has a gene where they cant convert any Vitamin A to the active Vitamin A form
    2. The only good sources of Zinc is Oysters and Red Meat and also Pumpkin Seeds, but I doubt every vegan is eating them and the amount you have to eat isnt good enough to get enouugh zinc
    3. Zinc regulates copper and helps remove excess from the body. Vegans tend to get Copper Poisonising, which can cause a lot of mental illnesses.
    4. Vegans lack Omega 3s, plant based ALA is not converted into sufficient amounts.
    5. Taurine, Creantine, CLA certain things Vegans are deficent in, which are important for many things, among brainhealth

I could list a bunch of other reasons but cbf,

11. Wolves

Wolves Fapstronaut

Meat does not have anything in it, that is scientifically addicting, so the "I do not crave meat" statement is not really valid

12. It isn't really that strict. There are alternatives to every meat and dairy product out there. I noticed that when I went vegan, I started to eat a lot more diverse foods. I've discovered so many different vegetables and fruits. If you do a vegan diet correctly, it isn't strict at all. Also, I eat a whole food vegan diet which I love but that is just one type of veganism. There is junk food veganism, raw til 4, fully raw, and many more. and the good thing is, you don't even need to do any of those if you go vegan, those are just popular vegan diets.

13. User047

User047 Fapstronaut

That's like the worst thing you could actually write.

I won't even bother reading the other post you wrote.
    Because I am not here for a war or discussion about whether should or should not eat meat.
    In fact, I can't care less about

There are plenty of information's online regarding this stuff. NoFap is absolutely the last place for that.

Mindful Herbivore likes this.
  14. meatsandwich

meatsandwich Fapstronaut

I know that both things have a bad side, especially when the rainforest is being cut for so-called ''plantations'' that vegans are high in demand as they need nutrients and also we lose the oxygen producers, then after constant planting that earth becomes sandlike and nothing will grow. Destroy animal living places, species die out!
    - Also what I meant, was coconut oil and also soy

Then when it comes to animals, they contribute to global warming as their quantity isn't natural, as there isn't natural selection. Then also obesity which is contributed to fatty foods which contain meat, but some vegans aren't thin too

15. Mindful Herbivore

Mindful Herbivore Fapstronaut

I've been a vegan for over 3 years and haven't consumed any red meat for 4 years. honestly its the best decision ever because I noticed my mood overall has changed drastically. Like I am less aggressive and more kind towards others now than before eating a standard American diet. Also I used to weigh 165 pounds back in 2013 and three years later I lost 25 pounds consistently. Honestly this lifestyle is the best there is because it made me the person I am today. Highly recommend looking into a vegan diet if your interested on being the most bad ass person alive!!

16. Mindful Herbivore

Mindful Herbivore Fapstronaut

No hate but you should watch this documentary called What the health on Netflix. It dispels a lot of myth that we can live healthy eating animal products. But if you look at it from the ethical side, veganism is by far morally right because it requires no slaughter of sentient beings, (Watch The doc called earthlings to learn more). Also virtually every single food that you can think of can be made vegan, so you can enjoy vegan burgers, and vegan chicken while knowing no animals have to die for your meal. ANy ways, not hating, but just want to shine some light on this lifestyle. HAve a great day

17. Yeah... I've had many of those, and most of them are disgusting to me. Most of my family is recently vegan, so I have to endure those substitutes when we have family events. From now on I'll probably start bringing my own food.

18. I've watched tons of these documentaries already. I know a lot about veganism. And as I've said above, substitutes don't taste even close to the real thing, so to mention that is pretty much pointless. I know their are substitutes... I still want my burgers and string cheese.

I'm not hating on vegans or trying to convince anyone to not be vegan. I'm just saying, there are so many foods that I love that aren't vegan, and I don't think the miniscule health benefits are worth living the rest of my life denying myself stuff that I love. Especially when tomorrow isn't even gauranteed. I could be the healthiest person in the world and still get hit by a bus today.

I do think veganism is probably good for the world in a lot of ways, and I wish the meat industry and dairy industry treated their animals more humanely, but I'm not going to give up meat and dairy for those reasons.

Son of a Bitch likes this.
  19. Wolves

Wolves Fapstronaut

My other post had valid scienctific points and how is it the worse thing I could write? Its true, things like Sugar have an effect on the dopamine receptors which is why the are addicting, same with chocolate. Casein protein in dairy creates plessure in the opiod receptors and thats why its addiction, but there is nothing about Meat that actually makes it physically addicting.

Oh and another reason why Vegan diets are stupid. Soy is so unhealthy. Soy contains shit loads of phytoestrogens which mimic estrogen in the body and can cause stunted growth in pre teens, they cause infertaility and are linked to breast cancer in Women. Oh and they also cause you to grow man boobs and store fat around the waist

Thats just Biochemistry, simple facts. It ain't an opinion lol. Same with everything I mentioned on my other post. bio chemistry

EDIT. I just relised you are a vegetarian and still eat dairy, LOL. You do relise the dairy industry is 10x worse then the meat industry, so it makes no f**king sense that you are still eating dairy. Also dairy is generally way more unhealthy then standard meat.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2017
  20. Wolves

Wolves Fapstronaut

Animals have been dying for years and we have been killing them for years. They're our natural food, how about you harden up. I dont agree with them getting tortured thats not right, but theres no problem in them dying and its the way of the world. Do what I do and buy pasture raised organic meat. Simple