***The Exercise Challenge***

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by LoyalKnight, Jun 26, 2017.

1. Barnabas_

Barnabas_ Fapstronaut

29 day

Yesterday was walking around one hour and doing exercises too. Today planning do the same.

2. Ensamheten

Ensamheten Fapstronaut

Day 1: Felt good about the upper body workout yesterday. Only negative is that I'm progressing slower than I'd like on the pullups.
    Day 2: Pistol squats are a such a pain in the ass. I'm not the biggest fan of cardio (especially when there is no concrete goal), but I'm gonna take it more seriously and try to do 10 minutes of it at the end of every workout.

Shoto Jaya likes this.
  3. VivreLibre

VivreLibre Fapstronaut

I rededicated myself to Nofap about two weeks ago, and along with it I decided to start exercising regularly. I've been keeping my workouts in a journal, but I want to also add my workouts here.

Weeks 1 & 2 looked like this
    M/W/F - Sprint 100m, 200m, 300m, 400m, 300m, 200m, 100m finish. average time about 15 minutes. total distance 1 mile. Great workout if you want to increase your cardio. very hard the first couple days but got easier with continued work outs.

Tu/Th - 3 sets of the following circuit:
    10 pull ups, 20 kettleball swings, 20 sit ups, 20 pushups, rest. Average time: 20 minutes. Very simple, but after only two weeks I've already started to see a change in my body.

Week three I will change my running workouts a bit but likely keep the tu/th workouts the same. excited to compete in this challenge!

Shoto Jaya likes this.
  4. Ensamheten

Ensamheten Fapstronaut

Nice! :)
    The cardio looks good. How long do you rest between the sprints? My arches should be able to handle that since it's short distance.

As a side note, I'm one of those people who believe that sit-ups is a bad exercise that is potentially bad for the spine because the main function of the core is to resist movement, not to curl the torso. But I should be quiet.:p

Shoto Jaya likes this.
  5. Ensamheten

Ensamheten Fapstronaut

Day 3. Setting PRs left and right today. :D Aside from that, my routine is getting way too long. I need to chill out.

6. VivreLibre

VivreLibre Fapstronaut

in between the sprints I rest for as long as I need. The focus is not necessarily to complete the workout as fast as possible, its to run as hard as you can. When I started a couple of weeks ago I would honestly rest until I caught my breath, and its cool to see how quickly your body adjusts after completing the workout several times it almost becomes easy!

Ensamheten likes this.
  7. Ensamheten

Ensamheten Fapstronaut

Now I got pain in my quadriceps tendon (that's what it feels like anyway) from the pistol squats. HOW? I'm not progressively overloading or anything! :mad:
    I'm just gonna switch to barbell squats (once it feels healed obviously), screw it.

8. Ensamheten

Ensamheten Fapstronaut

Another day, another upper body routine. My leg injury is a really mild one, thank goodness, I can even run without pain. :)

9. Ensamheten

Ensamheten Fapstronaut

Day 5 was pretty lazy, did some regular bodyweight squats to see how it feels (it's not bad, should stay careful tho) and some one legged hip thrusts. Skipped cardio.
    Day 6 upper body routine again. Did double cardio to compensate.

10. Ensamheten

Ensamheten Fapstronaut

So I did leg day at the gym for the first time (I'm self-conscious okay). And it's dawned on me how strong calves (calves in general) actually are. I'm doing one legged calf raises on the leg press using 250 pounds, and it's not even that hard. No wonder a lot of people struggle to develop calves, the weight needed to actually overload them is ridiculous. :p

11. Ensamheten

Ensamheten Fapstronaut

Day 8: Dancing.
    Day 9: Upper body routine. New PRs in bench, pullups and rows. But my shoulders felt a bit weird, so I cut it a bit short. Should overview my form to make sure it's good.

12. Troels. L

Troels. L Fapstronaut

I did spinning today

vxlccm and Ensamheten like this.
  13. lamine

lamine Fapstronaut

Day 4 ... Today was a great working out Day .. Started with 10 minutes pull up session ( juste getting started so you know how challenging it is) than walked around a beautiful park for 2 hours with a girl I love ... Burned a lot of calories , didn't eat junky food . let's keep it up

Tommorow ... I'll head to the gym for the first time in 6 months ... Better be ready.

Ensamheten likes this.
  14. Troels. L

Troels. L Fapstronaut

Strenght training, my shoulders have become more visible lately

vxlccm and Ensamheten like this.
  15. Ensamheten

Ensamheten Fapstronaut

Barbell squats yesterday. They are a lot more enjoyable than pistol squats. :)
    My shoulders still don't feel 100%, but it doesn't seem to be anything too serious, hopefully. I bet I've just been overworking them. I'm gonna change up my routines to be kinder to my shoulders: no more bench press (yes really, that exercise set off the issues), strict lightweight lateral raises the way athlean-x recommends, no more one-armed hangs, no more extended planks. Can't mess around when it comes to shoulder health.

16. Ensamheten

Ensamheten Fapstronaut

I haven't been exercising in a week. Tomorrow I'm starting over. :)

17. Ensamheten

Ensamheten Fapstronaut

Success! Did upper body routine, shoulder held up. I don't think "light" exercise is likely to make it worse. I'm gonna try to focus on perfecting my dip form the next couple weeks, because that's the one exercise left that could mess with me.

vxlccm and Shoto Jaya like this.
  18. natiman

natiman Fapstronaut

19. natiman

natiman Fapstronaut

Day 1 , I woke up at 4:30 and did an 4 mile run..

exodusright, vxlccm and Shoto Jaya like this.
  20. Force Majeure

Force Majeure Fapstronaut

I am setting a new goal for myself.
    I want to do 150 pull-ups in a row, 200 dips in a row and 300 situps in a row.

I am going to log all my training here until I reach that goal, starting from today!