1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Bible instructs us to take every thought captive.

Discussion in 'Compulsive Sexual Behavior' started by xerneas4u, Jun 6, 2022.

1. [​IMG]

Great.
    I've scared everyone away now this topic is dead

2. Francis X.

Francis X. Fapstronaut

I'm still here. I don't think this thread was made for the purpose of evangelization. This user talks about Thor. I just think this account may be run by a bot or something like that. Something interesting is that the OP never responded to any of our posts to clarify things. This could also be evidence for the bot theory.

Buddhabro2.0 likes this.
  3. Wildly off-topic, but... how the heck are both you and @JoeinUSA on the exact same day count for nearly a year? Accountability partners? Because I find that incredible and a little unbelievable if the answer is no.

4. Giuseppe

Giuseppe Fapstronaut

Are you this blown away when people share the same birthday? :D

5. Being someone like that myself, no. XD

6. JoeinUSA

JoeinUSA Fapstronaut

Yeah, how is that @Francis X.? I know of one other member, too, who started about the same time, but doesn't keep a visible counter.

All I know is that I started this last streak in my life on July 14, 2021 - Bastille Day - a time of revolution, talking out the 'ole guillotine and cutting out this addiction from my life once and for all, just short of castrating myself on that blade, of course. Ha! There were intense spiritual opportunities for me, as well, which COVID culture provided during a time of social distancing and a kind of cloistering (almost monastic) that served my spiritual purpose to the nth degree. What I never suspected is that from a basic male biological perspective, a change takes place in the testes due to semen retention (not referring to the esoteric claims here) - a shift that takes place sometime after 120 to 180 days. No longer does one agonize with pain of blue balls that screams for regular relief, which was always my downfall for decades, but a certain solidification of sperm/semen takes place down there where pain or testicular vascular inflammation no longer occurs, but an amazing vitalizing comfort ensues with which one can live without the need to PMO, even while at the same time that one feels very much vibrant and virile in one's members and with testosterone surging more than ever before in the bloodstream. It throws one for a loop for a bit (a danger of possible relapse) - having to find a way to channel all that energy and power. But, then it starts to dawn on one that perhaps for the first time in life, I can live with this vibrant, almost electrical energy and power down there, and it's actually a pleasurable feeling in a way, where I'm not suffering in the same way as the early days from days 1-21 (gravity zone) or during that hard climb of 22-120 days. Again, if I had known how the pain and suffering of recovery doesn't last forever, I might have recovered decades ago. Live and learn - I'm finally glad to be free of all this, even as one must maintain custody of oneself always. There is hope and better days ahead for anyone who really would like to cut this addiction out of one's life. Best wishes!

Pentatonic likes this.
  7. Damn, i was told that AI would take over the world and we would have scenarios like in Transformers in couple of decades ...instead conquering world they post random posts on nofap forum

Meshuga likes this.
  8. Francis X.

Francis X. Fapstronaut

I just happened to have a lucid dream on that day and decided to relapse. It's just luck I suppose.
    It seems scary that AI could imitate people. I don't want to go on the internet without knowing who's real and who's fake. It just seems like the bot is trying to mimic posts here based on what it's seen before or something like that.

Pentatonic likes this.
  9. Religion the greatest story ever sold, biggest hypocrites there are. Religion Christianity more than any other are responsible for more pain and suffering than good they have ever done.
    Horribly divisive, your deity does not exist
    it’s the 21st century .
    This man needs real help not your fake super hero who’s no more real than Zeus or Odin . Your collection of stories mean nothing

10. Psalm27:1my light

Psalm27:1my light Fapstronaut

In order to get into recovery you will have to take every thought captive. You must learn to control your thoughts, be mindful or you will be a slave to your addiction forever,that is real help- no matter where it came from.

11. Aquiantedwithsorrow

Aquiantedwithsorrow Fapstronaut

If it wasn't for the God in the bible I would be dead.

12. happenstance

happenstance Fapstronaut

It just wasn't worth the response to me. Christianity nor any other religion has ever been the problem. It's people who utilize it for their own self-serving agendas that is the problem. Attacking one's faith is as pathetic as attacking one's lack of it.
    Your opinion on the matter means nothing!

Voyager22 and Psalm27:1my light like this.
  13. It means a lot to people who have become
    Enlightened, if your god is real he’s caused horrible things to come to pass I know the old and New Testament well having been raised in a household where I was told get baptized or burn in Hell. The horrors that The biblical god brought upon people in the Old Testament are not kind god.
    Every time one of you preaches your gospel you offend our intelligence, believe what you want.

14. happenstance

happenstance Fapstronaut

First of all, I'm not going to engage in a debate with you over religion. This isn't the platform for it even though this is what you are attempting to do.
    Enlightened my ass. It is apparent from your reply that you have a wound associated with your childhood experience with "get baptized or burn in Hell." I guess it never occurred to you it was human beings that orchestrated that wound...not God. But whatever. Believe what you want. You're going to anyway.
    It's not your thread. The bottom line? If you don't like it GTFOver it and MTF on!

15. Francis X.

Francis X. Fapstronaut

Christianity has actually been linked to decreased armed conflict initiation. (Interestingly enough, Islam has increased armed conflict initiation.) This study has also linked intrinsic religiosity with decreased justification for violence. Another study links intrinsic religiosity with decreased intergroup hostility. Another thing to mention is that things are misrepresented for violence all the time. For example, there have been horrific experiments done in the name science. People have used the guise of science to justify discriminatory acts, like the Nazis. This does not mean that science itself is bad.
    As for it being in the 21st Century, many discoveries have increased the probability of theism. For example, science has discovered evidence for fine tuning in the Universe. If the cosmological constant had been of by 1 part in 10^120, the Universe would either collapse, or no stars would form. Another discovery is the Big Bang. This means that the Universe had a beginning, which implies that it has an explanation. Quantum Mechanics also goes against materialism.
    Many of the things you're thinking of when it comes to the Old Testament are misinterpretations coming 2500+ years from the original source.
    God might have good reasons for permitting evil that we just don't know of. Things that might look pointless from our point of view could seem justified when you know all of space and time. How would you know that God does not have good reasons for permitting evil? I have another question. What if God has experienced all of this suffering himself? What would you think?
    As for the doctrine on baptism, I don't know the exacts of what you are saying. I don't think most Christians believe that you need water baptism to have salvation, even if many believe water baptism has graces which provide salvation.

If we argue further, we can do it somewhere else. If you want to take this further, go here. I don't want to make the mods upset.

Voyager22 and Psalm27:1my light like this.
  16. Ok listen I apologize for offending anyone’s
    religions beliefs, where not here to argue about religion, I was way out of line.

Aquiantedwithsorrow likes this.
  17. Aquiantedwithsorrow

All good. We all make mistakes. I'm the chief of mistake making.

18. No way out of line very sorry

19. Bunch of good guys on here let’s just keep trying to help each other out of some difficujt problems and what ever works is all good

Aquiantedwithsorrow likes this.
  20. Aquiantedwithsorrow