1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Bible instructs us to take every thought captive.

Discussion in 'Compulsive Sexual Behavior' started by xerneas4u, Jun 6, 2022.

1. xerneas4u

xerneas4u Fapstronaut

The Bible instructs us to take every thought captive.

2. Joe1023

Joe1023 Fapstronaut

Yes, it absolutely does, but that doesn't mean we can do that on our own and beat this addiction by only doing that. We need help. We need accountability!

3. That instruction works perfectly and has saved me from a very lot of sinning just before sleep.

It works when I practice it...

4. Ronaldo Machuca

Ronaldo Machuca Fapstronaut

please do not bring religion into this thread! we want real help.

5. Psalm27:1my light

Psalm27:1my light Fapstronaut

One of the biggest reasons you will be successful is by learning to control your thoughts. The biggest cause of my husband slipping is when he lets his thoughts get out of control. He takes them captive and his struggles are nil.

6. If a thread is not for you, you can enjoy other threads that speak more to you?

Personally I have helped myself out of my addiction by practicing biblical principles.

7. Francis X.

Francis X. Fapstronaut

Are you a bot? You seem to post very random things. I'm not trying to be offensive. It just seems that way to me.

8. JoeinUSA

JoeinUSA Fapstronaut

Yes, I noticed, too. I had offered him a suggestion of how to journal for effective recovery; it went unheeded. He seems to be playing games in the name of religion - some posts are better than others, but it's not each post so much, it's the pointless repetition and populating of multiple posts - quite annoying. I'll no longer reply to these.

Buddhabro2.0 and Francis X. like this.
  9. Francis X.

Francis X. Fapstronaut

Yeah, I was seeing a lot of random posts that don't seem to have that much meaning. Here are some other interesting pieces of evidence: He rarely replies to others. I saw the post where you gave the suggestion. The posts don't seem to be made by a human. Some posts are contradictory, like this one. This post labels Thor as someone like a Catholic saint or leader. It also just has the name "I." There are many questions with this poster. It reminds me of those scam comments on YouTube videos. All of this is making me very suspicious.

JoeinUSA likes this.
  10. happenstance

happenstance Fapstronaut

Boys, this was @xerneas4u's thread. Not yours. If his religion helps him and offends you then move along. As @JoeinUSA stated just don't reply to them. I for one am all for any avenue that is productive to recovery. Falling back on one's faith is one of them. It's his thread. Leave it alone if you don't approve of it.

11. Ronaldo Machuca

theres a place for his religious views. i think religion should stay out of nofap. knowing what it does on other types of social media i dont want this forum to turn into that.

12. Ronaldo Machuca

im pretty sure hes trying to spread his religion. i see these types of comments randomly on tiktok ig and youtube. just random people talking about god jesus etc, like stop. this isnt the place for that. this is a forum where we want real help. we dont need to be preached

13. Ronaldo Machuca

and how is that healthy to put ur entire hope on religion.

14. Psalm27:1my light

One thing that is essential for recovery from this addiction is taking your thoughts captive. Controlling your thoughts. That is real help no matter where it comes from

15. Psalm27:1my light

But I agree, if he wants to credit it to a religious text he should post in the religious section

Buddhabro2.0 and Ronaldo Machuca like this.
  16. Ronaldo Machuca

the problem i have wirh religion is it typically tends to blame any other evil deity other than urself. it can easily make u blame other things. for example blaming a demon or a devil for your bad habbits and never really see the problem. and relying to heavily on jesus and god and hoping ur belief in them will save u. i prefer actual help and getting deep down to the main problem. idk how to word this

17. Tell me, what is unhealthy about unconditional love, forgiveness, merci, happiness, reconciliation, focus, direction, peace and well being?

18. Giuseppe

Giuseppe Fapstronaut

Given what you've written here, it is no wonder you're so terrified of religion. You've made it into some kind of boogyman, ironically displaying the same behaviors you claim it espouses in others! ;)

There's good news though. Religion, especially Christianity, is not about blaming spiritual entities for your choices. You don't even have to go far in the Bible to read about how blaming a demon won't save you from being held accountable for your actions! lol

You will be happy to know it's all about personal accountability, self-control, accepting one's brokenness, hope, forgiveness, reconcillation, peace, and, most importantly, love.

Buddhabro2.0 likes this.
  19. happenstance

happenstance Fapstronaut

Bottom line? If you don't like it, move the hell on. I find your remarks against religion equally as offensive as the hell fire and brimstone bible beating on the pulpit "you're all going to hell". Give it a fucking rest!

20. I dont think this topic has the intention to debate the core of religion its ins and outs and whatnot, it more likely has a purpose for people to share, bond and discuss biblical principles and its effect, experiences on their life. Debate is not the point of this if i understand correctly.

Unfortunately a very familiar pattern i see with this forum where such simple topics turn into a cesspool of unnecessary debate... Lets not do that with this one

Anyways :emoji_clap:
    That reminds me of Mark 9:43-47
    Usually this quote can expand onto many things, and i wouldn't say it is to be taken literally. However, what i see with this quote can relate to the situations i would find myself more eager to PMO.
    So lets say, i might find myself having intense urge while im browsing my phone or my PC in my room, what i will do is remove such source from my presence and stay away from it as long as the urge lasts. Remove myself from the situation that may cause me to mess up otherwise im more bound to relapse Proverbs 22:3

Roady likes this.