1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The 2019 X90 Hard Mode High Accountability Elimination Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by Deleted Account, Dec 31, 2018.

1. itsallme

itsallme Fapstronaut

i ve always beem depressed after edging off..its more like doing M then stopping because i could think straigt at the last moment

Deleted Account likes this.
  2. Sounds like a good reason not to edge

3. itsallme

itsallme Fapstronaut

yep and i m on it

4. Daniel1

Daniel1 Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Checking in day 10, no PMO!

5. Daniel1

Daniel1 Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Hey mate, trying to escape reality is a massive one and it has been my greatest trigger historically. I would even go as far as to say that it's the real addiction (at least for me).

I think the key is identifying ways you can consistently break the thought pattern when it hits. There are always things we can do that will break the state we are in and identifying what works for you is the best. For me it's getting out of the house early in the morning, being mindful about when I get tendencies to overeat and shutting of electronics in the evenings.

glnb8 and Deleted Account like this.
  6. JustForTodayz

JustForTodayz Fapstronaut

I just want to say, that I will not be able to check-in regularly because tomorrow I will start a 3 week trip around Indonesia with a couple friends which I look forward to. I wish everyone the best and once i'm back or need help again I now where to find recovery from P addiction :)

7. Cool man, have a nice time. Will you be safe from pmo during this trip?

glnb8 likes this.
  8. Checking in, good start today, I woke up kinda grumpy and had an urge. I decided to beat that urge by coming here and posting no this and other threads, mainly the Today I will not use... and Today I am grateful for ... and another one which focuses on the best thing that happened to you today. This site has lots of positivity if you know where to look for it.

I'm going to mediate in a moment and get into a really great place. My brain wants me to stress over shoveling the driveway, getting a vday gift and work related things and only having enough time but I know there's enough time for everything and everything will work out.

I hope your day is going well too .

Daniel1 likes this.
  9. glnb8

glnb8 Fapstronaut

Thanks, man. Appreciate it.

Deleted Account and Daniel1 like this.
  10. lolman123

lolman123 Fapstronaut

Relapsed again, Starting over with the challenge Day 0/90 No PMO

Last edited: Feb 13, 2019
  11. glnb8

glnb8 Fapstronaut

Checking in. No PMO.

12. glnb8

glnb8 Fapstronaut

Guys, I just relapsed.
    Starting over gain. Wasted 45 days of soberness. ;(

13. Daniel1

Daniel1 Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Checking in day 11 no PMO.

14. Daniel1

Daniel1 Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Hey glnb8, sorry to hear that but we've all been there and it's a natural part of the process. Now you need to remember the following:

You do NOT start over from zero and you have NOT "wasted 45 days of soberness". This journey is not about any one streak, it's about consistency, learning from our mistakes and always getting back up.

So what triggered/caused your relapse? Was it the escaping of reality that we were talking about before?

And more importantly, what can you do to remember this relapse pattern and make a plan to never repeat it? I have a whiteboard in my room where I add every relapse in 2019 and what triggered them. It currently reads:

Being hungover (1)
    Free, unplanned day at home with nothing to do (1)
    Relapse shame, day after (1)
    Escaping reality/emotional stress (3)

Each time I've had a relapse, I make a plan to never be in that situation again and it's really working well.

15. Nice job with this reply, thank you

Daniel1 likes this.
  16. Checking in, busy today with work and Valentine's. Pmo free!!!!

Daniel1 likes this.
  17. Hammerhand2202

Hammerhand2202 Fapstronaut

Relapsed on Valentine's day. Thinking about ex.

18. lolman123

lolman123 Fapstronaut

Checking in Day 1/90 Challenge after relapse, need to start off strong get my streak back.

19. glnb8

glnb8 Fapstronaut

Thanks, man.
    Your right. Perhaps I was just expecting too much from myself in this NoFap.
    And yes, it was about escaping reality that has made me do it. I give in to the temptation because I feel overwhelmed by my current situation and tried to escape. But no one can escape reality anyway, I just thought I could at least for a while and relapsed.
    It's funny because when I brought to face reality again and the situations I was really in, I realized that it wasn't so bad after all. That all my efforts to escape were not only for naught, but also unnecessary.
    Well, that too made me feel bad about the relapsed but of course I have to move on.

Daniel1 likes this.
  20. glnb8

glnb8 Fapstronaut

Check in btw,
    Day 1 of 90. :)