1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The 2019 X90 Hard Mode High Accountability Elimination Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by Deleted Account, Dec 31, 2018.

1. lolman123

lolman123 Fapstronaut

2. glnb8

glnb8 Fapstronaut

Checking in today. No PMO.
    Talked to a trusted friend about my concern. He know of my concern for years now and is trying to help me get out of it.
    He made some great advice yesterday.
    One is that all of us have two wolves constantly battling against each other- the good wolf & the bad wolf. The question to ask though is that which of them wins.
    The answer is whichever one you feed.
    Let us feed the good wolf by constantly being engaged in a good cause. :)

Deleted Account, itsallme and Daniel1 like this.
  3. Daniel1

Daniel1 Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Nice, I love the wolf analogy myself and use it frequently. We can take it even further by asking ourselves when we are most susceptible to feeding (i.e. listening to) the bad wolf.

These are the times when we relapse or indulge in other activities to numb out. I know my bad wolf triggers are:

Alcohol (and the following hangover)
    Escaping reality
    Boredom
    Stress

So by managing our triggers we can limit the occasions that bring our the bad wolf and all his temptations

glnb8 likes this.
  4. glnb8

glnb8 Fapstronaut

True. Most of us have the same triggers.
    Well, I don't have problems with alcohol because I don't drink. But the urges do happen when I am bored, stressed, trying to escape reality, video gaming, and other unproductive things.
    We really have to be vigilant and address them quickly when they come. Slacking off in our efforts to resist & avoid oftentimes result in giving in & feeling sorry for ourselves afterwards.

Daniel1 likes this.
  5. itsallme

itsallme Fapstronaut

i did it..no P,Just M and O ..did it twice again due to the guilt and whi cares attitude..i m resetting now..keep going guys..make it 90,100,200...keep going
    day 0 for me..i will work on my drawbacks from today

6. itsallme

itsallme Fapstronaut

also this panic button is of no use..does anyone feel the same or is it just i dont know how to use it?

7. itsallme

itsallme Fapstronaut

awesome advice..copied to notes

Daniel1 likes this.
  8. glnb8

glnb8 Fapstronaut

You're not alone, my friend. Like @Daniel1 said, we must see through the reason why we relapsed & address it so that next te we'll not be caught by it. Learn from your mistake is what is important.

9. DaveKing

DaveKing Fapstronaut

Day 36.

Having some issues here. Started using a new dating app and this hot MILF started talking with me a bit. Can't get over the idea of being with her, getting constant erection but I have to control myself. It doesn't urge me to try to PM, but I can't help to try to O with her. Damn.

10. itsallme

itsallme Fapstronaut

Please dont use these words..we are on the internet while reading this..anyone can be tempted

lolman123 likes this.
  11. DaveKing

DaveKing Fapstronaut

Sorry, you're right. Didn't think it through.

itsallme likes this.
  12. Daniel1

Daniel1 Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Checking in, day 16, no PMO :)

13. Checking in. I believe I missed yesterday, was busy moving snow.

Daniel1 likes this.
  14. Daniel1

Daniel1 Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Checking in day 17, having some really strong urges to escape reality right now. The trigger is that I said I was going to go to something and then I bailed last minute and feel crap about it. This caused quite a bit of negative self chatter which makes me feel bad and makes me want to numb out with food, pmo etc. I'm still not quite through it so I'll check in again later.

15. Daniel1

Daniel1 Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Ugh, had a relapse after all.

Trigger: negative self talk, leading to urge to escape reality. Turned to food and a TV show first to distract myself but that then lead to PMO.

What I should have done. Faced the discomfort, if I just sit with it, it will disappear.

Deleted Account likes this.
  16. Sorry to heat that Daniel1. It's tough. I had a mentor tell me a one off PMO is just a slip but a relapse is when you pmo then choose to keep pmo'ing for a while. The point is that a slip is just a bump in the road and really nothing to worry about.

People quit smoking and they'll go a time without cigarettes then they'll have one and it's no big deal. Yeah they had one, at a party with a alchohol etc. They didn't go out an buy a pack the next day and resume. It's not the worst thing in the world.

Good luck man, I know its sometimes tough to find your footing.

Daniel1 likes this.
  17. Checking in. Going good, spent time doing family things today. There was some stress early on but no urges.

18. Hammerhand2202

Hammerhand2202 Fapstronaut

Restarting clock again. I went weak and gave up on trying to get it right. I have relapsed to PMO and realized how much I wasted time.

Deleted Account likes this.
  19. Hammerhand2202

Hammerhand2202 Fapstronaut

I am restarting the clock again and hope to get it right this time.

20. Welcome back, good to see you again.