1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Terrible movies/tv shows that you couldn't help but to watch?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by AlienOverlord, Oct 9, 2017.

1. SilentJay313

SilentJay313 Fapstronaut

Pretty much any movie with Pauly Shore. There were some other films and tv shows, but I can't think of anything at the moment.

LEPAGE and I Am that I Am like this.
  2. I love Friends! I just went to a Friends trivia night with my sister in law, and we got 4th place :)

3. PilgrimKnight

PilgrimKnight Fapstronaut

The Star Wars prequels. I know they're a poorly written mess of CGI that ruined many peoples favorite franchise, but they were some of my favorite movies as a kid. I remeber spending hours with my neighbor in 4th grade pretending we were clone troopers and Jedi. I have since realized how garbage they are, but they still hold a weird and special place in my heart.

4. AlienOverlord

AlienOverlord Fapstronaut

As a teen I use to stay up to watch Frasier, Chef, Red Dwarf, the Red Green Show, and The Centurions. Frasier was okay. Chef and Red Dwarf were my only real exposure to British tv before Doctor Who became mainstream in America. The Red Green show had weird inventions and over the top silly situations. The Centurions was just awesome. I don't know if I'd watch any of these on a regular basis today.

5. Just started watching Secret Life of the American Teenager, because I was in the mood for a mindless sitcom. It's so awful, but I can already tell I'm gonna watch it all. Lol the acting is bad and the writing isn't much better, but for some reason I still enjoy it.

I Am that I Am likes this.
  6. I Am that I Am

I Am that I Am Fapstronaut

But you could think of Pauly Shore?

American Gods. Highly acclaimed but trashy and crude. Guilty as charged. Too much skill behind the production to mark it off as untouchable filth.

7. AlienOverlord

AlienOverlord Fapstronaut

I can't believe that I forgot about this one: Star Wreck. It involves time travel, an alternate dimension, and Soviets. If you remember those old memes with a Star Trek ship flying in formation with a bunch of tanks, this is where that's from.

8. SilentJay313

SilentJay313 Fapstronaut

It just popped in my head and got stuck in there. I literally couldn't think of anything else.

9. i loved the love story between anakin skywalker and padmé amidala. i jumped to all the scenes where it was shown how they fell in love lol i am a girl and i like this stuff more than the battles etc. usually :emoji_information_desk_person:

Taylor25 and LEPAGE like this.
  10. I never watch any terrible tv shows, movies on the other hand I tend to like watching comedies where the jokes are so bad it makes em funny, like the scary movie series. Its horrible but I laugh cause its so stupid. Like Vampires suck, better then the original movie, better actors even ha ha. I almost laughed to death when Edward was riding through the woods on a segway, man horrible movie but funny.

Deleted Account likes this.
  11. I remember vampires suck. That was pretty good. There's a parody of the hunger games, but it's not as funny in my opinion.

What's your favorite of the scary movie series? I think I like the 3rd one best. I haven't seen all of them, though.

RainbowShell likes this.
  12. The Punisher (2004) - One of my five first R-rated movie I've ever watched and it's my all-time favorite film when I was in middle school. I loved the movie since then and now I'm interested with different stuff now but still, I do love the movie featuring Thomas Jane because he's still a badass Frank Castle/Punisher ever to hit on screen.

Nightmare On Elm Street Pt 3: Dream Warriors (1987)
    - Back in late September this year, I went to Walfart to find some horror movies I would like to buy and watch them I've never seen before. I find an 8-disc DVD collection of Nightmare On Elm Street for twenty dollars and it's stupidly cheap to purchase it. I started a marathon of the series and I thought the third Freddy Krueger was good, despite the cheesy/campy acting, poor writing, and decent direction. The practical effects were at its finest, though.

Alien Resurrection (1997) - Not my first Alien film I've watched but it's my second after Aliens. Why didn't I watch the first one because I was too young to watch an R-rated science fiction horror movie back in the early 00s. Of course, I was still in elementary school and I think I was in 5th grade the first time I watched the fourth Alien movie. Alien Resurrection, however, was fucking terrifying the first time I watched because of those fucking Xenomorphs that came on screen. Since then, I grew up and started watching the first film of the franchise and I found it fantastic but that chestburster scene still freaked me the hell out. Alien 3 sucked ass but I still think Alien Resurrection is superior to the third one.

Suicide Squad (2016) - When Batboy versus Superboy was first released, I was disappointed and lost respect for Zack Snyder. However, Suicide Squad seem like a better movie because it has more action, dialogues, and better special effects. The story had the point. The editing was poorly done but it's worth a watch.

Friday the 13th Pt 3 (1982) - Critics hated the movie for some reasons. I enjoyed it, even Jason Voorhees fans loved it! It's also the first F13 ever to feature the serial killer with a hockey mask on. It's cheesy and campy but it's still enjoyable for some good kills.

13. I actually thought Revenge of the Sith was pretty damn great, especially the story.

14. PilgrimKnight

PilgrimKnight Fapstronaut

Yeah, id agree with that, it has a good story, but the affects still get me.

15. Yea i seen hunger games parody as well it has its funny moments, I know there are like 5 scary movies cant say I remember them all, I do remember the third as having really funny bits, also remember Leslie Nielsen being in it, good old 80s-90s comedy guy so it was a good horrible movie for sure, may be my favorite as well.

16. i love scary movies all the 4, the 5 i remember i saw the trailer and it wasn't funny. i grew up watching scary movies 1,2,3 and 4 :)

LEPAGE likes this.
  17. I must have seen that about ten times.. or maybe twenty lol

Taylor25 likes this.
  18. KS1994

KS1994 Fapstronaut

Alien movies
    The ones created after Aliens. I didn't like the prequels recently released, with the exception of Michael Fassbenders acting. Ellen Ripley was a successful female protagonist but the recent attempts to center the female character as the hero are tokenistic and pathetic. And throughout the last 2 movies, no-one ever says "Holy crap, we have discovered an advanced alien civilization!" But I guarantee that when the next Alien movie comes out I will be there.

Australian soaps and dramas
    Neighbours is a crap show but is great to watch. And the latest feminist dramas such as Sisters which featured a woman who admitted to her husband she was an adultering lesbian, the husband was okay with that.

Any modern, direct to dvd, action film starring some dude who was fired from the UFC
    Like that film with Cung Lee where he killed 50 people, guilt-tripped his disabled, PTSD suffering, former squadmate into joining his revenge, gets him killed and doesn't get arrested. I like run-and-gun films as much as the next guy, but it wouldn't hurt these people to hire professional writers.