1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Stuck compulsively.

Discussion in 'Compulsive Sexual Behavior' started by Mr. Unhappy, Feb 11, 2024.

1. Mr. Unhappy

Mr. Unhappy Fapstronaut

I hate to say this but I've been resetting all week, but I haven't wasted a drop of juice for that matter.. I am stuck with compulsively masturbation. I don't know how to actual beat this.. It's like when I just get home I'm exhausted I do the same routine. Take health pills, sleep pills. Then I hit the bed after I give my animals attention...

It's like the chaser effect goes in to play right after compulsive behavior for me. I really hate it, it's like it takes complete control of me and I've started listening to hypnosis sessions from YT on PMO addiction and I am not seeing much benefits from them...

Can somebody please give me some ideas or help on how to beat this? Just anything is much appreciated..

2. Yin&Yang-Yūki

Yin&Yang-Yūki Fapstronaut

3. Not sure what this means.
    Also, your struggle sounds similar to mine. Not sure if I have the answer, even after 10+ years of trying to quit masturbating (which became compulsive - as in urges so strong, so overwhelming, I had to masturbate right then and there, even if I wasn't in a safe or appropriate place to do so).
    One thing that's helping me now is trying to limit my caffeine and sugar intake. All too often, I use too much of one or both, then feel extremely anxious, and then feel driven to masturbate - to "release" some of that nervous energy.
    Hope that helps!

Mr. Unhappy and Wave tamer like this.
  4. Be Inspired

Be Inspired Fapstronaut

I had to have a really good reason to stop and a sincere and an overwhelming desire to stop. And I needed God's help. Now I can share with others that God allowed me to not resort to PMO for 153 days in a row one day at a time. I was a daily M user since age 10 and heavy P user since age 17.

5. onceaking

onceaking Fapstronaut

Maybe read a book before you go to sleep.

Joseph Campbell likes this.
  6. Be Inspired

Be Inspired Fapstronaut

1. Do you use social media?

2. Do you entertain sexual fantasy / sexual thoughts during the day?

7. Wave tamer

Wave tamer Fapstronaut

I found citalopram to be a massive game changer! But you need to block adult content sites and have an accountability partner

8. Wave tamer

Wave tamer Fapstronaut

Y
    Yea I get that. Seeking the opioid effects when you orgasm.

9. Mr. Unhappy

Mr. Unhappy Fapstronaut

Thanks!

I drink a cup of coffee before work and just have a monster energy during to keep myself up. Other wise I cut caffeine off and drink allot of water after noon.. Midnight for me I know if I do anything after my sleep will be ruined completely.

Cutting caffeine out had been really hard and I’m sure having a cup every morning is not good especially for our hydration. I read that having at least two bottles of water worth is what you should be doing. I probably should start incorporating this more.

Joseph Campbell and +TenPercent like this.
  10. Mr. Unhappy

Mr. Unhappy Fapstronaut

I’m Super Religious and believe in ghosts since I’ve had an experience as a teen. God helped me majorly when I was in class during high school to be my best version, that’s just all I wanted and I took time on prayer repeatedly. To this day I still pray when I get in the shower and when I get home…

I’m just not sure why i’m not as spiritual or will powered like I was back then… I do pray for it and the ability to drive off all urges and Lustful thoughts but they just come back..

+TenPercent likes this.
  11. Be Inspired

Be Inspired Fapstronaut

I have been told that Faith without Works is dead