1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Starting over

Discussion in 'Rebooting in a Relationship' started by rocrop, Aug 5, 2018.

1. rocrop

rocrop Fapstronaut

after many fuckups in my life where I have been selfish about what I wanted and how I went about getting it. I was presented with this site to get help will an addition I have..

Being new to this site I’m here looking for support and ideas to recover a relationship that I have destroyed. I’m hoping to communicate with others to get support with this journey

kropo82 likes this.
  2. TryingHard2Change

TryingHard2Change Distinguished Fapstronaut

Recovering your relationship is a long, difficult road. The first step is getting yourself clean of PM'ing. The relationship may or may not be restore'able -- but focus first on YOU.

How is your personal recovery from P and M coming along?
    What tangible steps are you taking?

Hopefulgirl likes this.
  3. rocrop

rocrop Fapstronaut

Today is my first steps in rebuilding, Its only been a couple of days with out looking

4. Kenzi

Kenzi Fapstronaut

I have some resources in my signature.. If you are on a phone, turn sideways to see... If you have any questions please feel free to ask
    Good luck on your journey and welcome to the forum

5. rocrop

rocrop Fapstronaut

Thank you for your support,

6. rocrop

rocrop Fapstronaut

For the people and time involved in this relationship I’m not willing to give in and let it go where it may.

I have the support of other close to me too help repair some of the damage

EyesWideOpen likes this.
  7. rocrop

rocrop Fapstronaut

Thank you for sharing this information it is an awesome read and helps put things into line

8. EyesWideOpen

EyesWideOpen Fapstronaut

I never understand when people say this. A good majority of the time, family or relationships are the catalysts that sets the addict onto the road to recovery. When the addict realizes what they have to lose, or have already lost, this is often what sets the recovery wheels into motion. The idea that a PA starts recovery only for their relationship or only for themselves does not have to be linear. Most of the time when an addict does it for one, they do it for the other simultaneously. They do not have to be exclusive.

Numb and kropo82 like this.
  9. rocrop

rocrop Fapstronaut

Well, said