1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Shut out/down a girl at the gym...

Discussion in 'Abstinence, Retention, and Sexual Transmutation' started by Warrior4Freedom, May 9, 2022.

1. Warrior4Freedom

Warrior4Freedom Fapstronaut

Two girls, actually, but I think the first one wanted to tease me.

I've been on retention for almost two months now, and if you were to peruse my thread in the 30-39 journals, you'll see that I talk about a distinct, powerful aura that retaining has me emanating.

I've retained before with similar reactions from women, which I'll describe below; I also meditate constantly, trying to form myself into a stronger, more psychologically resilient individual.

Every morning before I arise from bed, I assume my meditation. It brings me great clarity, coherence, fluidity, deeper intelligence and resonance with truth. Being human, I stumble during the day, but I always re-assume my meditative way of being. It requires great trust, and abandon, and flow-allowing, but that's another topic.

While at the gym, I hone in on my meditative state while doing my exercises. It guides me and fuels my endurance and stamina much more than if I were just going to the gym for the sake of "ok, I must exercise, I will get myself up and go workout according to a set routine".

Today, I was in an especially trusting and aligned state with meditative Flow, and (2) women took notice. While not looking at me directly, you could tell by their facial expressions that they were either in a state of not knowing what to make of me, or otherwise smiling a secret, knowing smile to themselves.

Girl #1, after a while, got off her treadmill and started doing stretches directly in front of me, in what I would label as distinctly seductive in intention. As I'm on retention, of course I did not stare, but peripheral awareness told me this. You will notice that semen retention causes other awareness to become heightened. I won't describe her exact movements/stretches, so as not to trigger anyone.

Girl #2 was way more obvious/blatant. She noticed my absolute detachment from perving on Girl #1, and she seemed to take it up a level, to see if I'd stray from my focus if she tried the same behavior. Perhaps she thought I wasn't attracted to Girl #1 and that I'd be attracted to her (they were both attractive by Western standards). While on my stationary machine, she came up a few feet in front of me, making sure I could not miss her in her tight, short gym clothes, placing herself so that I'd look her way. I could tell that she was reacting to my indifference, trying to get me to look at her, yet at the same time bewildered that I wasn't. When I finished my workout, again she came up to where I was going to dispose of the paper towel and I just disposed mine and let her dispose hers after. No eye contact on my part.

Relatively, I was savage, I know. Stone cold.

Here's the thing. I'm on retention as well as a meditative spiritual process. These girls, whose personalities I do not know, are using their bodies to distract me/gain my attention. They say nothing to me, attempt to make zero conversation, they use their appearance to try to get me to do something/give them some sort of attention. Honestly, in those instances, and in those precise situations, they are no different from YouTube/TikTok girls you can just look up, girls who have tons of subscribers/patrons. I would surely have engaged them IF they chose to speak to me, but they did not. Whatever it was they wanted their bodies to make me do, they wanted me to do the work. And I am already at work with retaining my seed, my focus, my spirituality, my resilience. You also think things like (if I were to bite their bait) other girls in the gym, who may not meet those standards of attractiveness, would be observing, thinking "look at him, he's just like all the common dudes, shallow, falling for media-type aesthetics" while knowing exactly what their fellow female was doing. And I agree, I don't want to be that guy. I want a more substantial, meaningful exchange. I'm not a schmuck who falls for a piece of butt-in-yoga-pants.

I guess I am posting this for support. I will report that with each mental choice to not look her way, I was immediately able to increase the intensity and endurance of my workout. It was as if I redirected that energy back into improving my physical resilience. It felt awesome, I won't lie. God knows I would have stumbled or become disoriented if I were to give those women the attention they were looking for. I felt way more confident in my meditative process and how, were I not to fall for distraction, it makes me into a superhuman in a sense.

Does anyone feel me here? Are there any votes of support for how I handled things? Some part of me used to feel guilty for shutting out/down these girls' behavior, but when you look at it, they're attempting to appeal to guys' base desires, which, as we know, derails us and messes up our entire lives and has us posting here on nofap for recuperation and support. It can be seen as somewhat patronizing on their part; insulting, even. I reiterate that I would have engaged them in conversation if they so chose that route.

Looking forward to guys' comments.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited: May 9, 2022
    JS44471, Adnilgo, sohardrn and 39 others like this.
  2. Great achievement brother. If you are able to control the lust, then your are the strongest man in the world.

3. Warrior4Freedom

Thank you sir. Appreciate it. I actually feel a little bad for it, for some reason. But something felt dishonest and patronizing about her whole show. Like she expected me to lap it all up. I wouldn't let myself get to that level.

4. Kierann

Kierann Fapstronaut

As far as I'm concerned, you played your cards well so no worries. When I get this kind of superficial attention, I never work with that. These stereotypes about men who will do anything for some attractive chicks, it insults my intelligence. As you said, if there were any attempt to talk to you, that would be different story.
    I will have to check your journals later because we seem to be of the same age and of the same current streak.
    Take care and stay strong.

5. Raven King

Raven King Fapstronaut

Great job, OP. You acted correctly.
    I am also on SR and have been noticing the same things in the gym. Girls notice. And try to get you to notice them. The more natural way to connect to someone is by engaging in conversation, like you said, and finding common ground.

I think girls like the ones you describe are always testing men in their surroundings. Testing to see if they can manipulate them. To see if they can find a simp or two that will buy them stuff and do their every bidding. They love the attention, of course. So do many guys in the gym - it goes both ways. Both genders wearing very tight and revealing clothing and showing off.

Unfortunately, I think many good looking girls are taught these methods as a way of living/survival in today's sex crazed society.
    Maybe they are nice, polite and intelligent girls, but this is a learned behavior. Or then again, maybe their looks is all they have and they are taking advantage of it. Who knows?

I know from experience you shouldn't build a relationship solely on looks - they never last.
    Just keep focusing on yourself and your goals. Good girls will come along too.

6. Warrior4Freedom

Thank you Kieran.

lord_nelson and you_can_UK like this.
  7. Warrior4Freedom

Thanks, Raven.

Indeed - no one but the girl herself knows if she's really a polite and intelligent person beneath. She's certainly not letting anyone know by presenting herself that way, though (showing off her body).

I think it's true: once the baser girls fall away, better girls start to materialize. But even the non-lust-reliant girls try to get you to do their bidding. You really have to maintain your resilience at all times.

Thanks for the support and solidarity.

8. Yeah I am tired of the booty shorts with half ass hanging out and the yoga pants that make their but look like a bubble to me it's the beginning of a seduction process to manipulate men . Excellent job not sure why you feel guilty probably because you have so much power

Last edited: May 11, 2022
  9. OliverJoseph

OliverJoseph Fapstronaut

This is really
    This is really inspiring And the next time I go to the gym, I'll follow your example. So far I've never been able not to look and justify it with some stupid arguments. But your strong example gives me strength! Do you use affirmations to stay concentrated or just focus on exercising or on your breath or something?

10. Warrior4Freedom

Thank you for commenting, OliverJ.

My own brand of meditation is just that - my own brand. That being said, it's quite simple. I hope it'll work for you if I describe it.

Yes, essentially it's focussing on my breath. But I have spent the last many years developing a value system, training my mind to buy into those values (since they resonate to me as truths) and what has happened is my breath ONLY responds to those thoughts. A simple example, if I were to think "the sun is purple", my body would NOT inhale, or breathe in. A gym example: if I am doing my meditative breathing, and I see a "sexy/hot" girl there, I'd immediately look away and continue on focussing on my breathing. She could orbit me, highlight her butt, even undress in front of me. My brain would previously be aching to look, but in sticking with my breathing and observing my thousands of thoughts, eventually my thoughts say (about the girl): "there is human being in front of me" and only upon THAT THOUGHT am I compelled to glance her way if she hasn't already moved off from blatantly being in front of me. All other glances besides that would have been for tits, ass or short shorts. And that's what such girls want you to do. So you see - I've focussed my thoughts on truth.

Basically I would say - since my brand of meditating is my own - I'd tell you to focus on your breathing. Really abandon yourself to it, surrender to it, keep going until you go deep; until your being is calm. You'll find that your brain becomes much clearer and insights eventually appear on what you must do, from your deepest truth and intelligence, in that moment. And then you get up and you do it. And you continue on like that. Trust the process. Be devoted. Results do come.

11. Warrior4Freedom

Thank you sir. I feel/felt guilty because I suppose I wasn't giving them the attention, but then again, it is a debased and dare I say toxic way that they are seeking it. I was raised to see women as demigods who are noble and unflawed, so there's a bit of conditioning there too. But as my power increases, so does my DGAFability about those things.

Thanks again for commenting.

lord_nelson and you_can_UK like this.
  12. OliverJoseph

OliverJoseph Fapstronaut

Thank you so much! This really helps and seems to be a great Tool to NOT relapse. I’m sure. I have some practice in meditation but I just have to reactivate my good (old) habits. It is a great challenge and really helpful to behave in a new way while doing exercises in the gym like you described it. Thank you :)

13. you_can_UK

you_can_UK Fapstronaut

Hey bro can you help me .How can I stop my mind from thinking about girls.I have taken it past 2 week two times; and past 7 days maybe 8 times.But after that I fall.The thing starts in my mind.For me the trigger is not pic, video ,hot girl .
    The primary trigger is my mind.I thing of sexual things, the slowly my minds shuts, hand in pant,then hands out but now on keyboard.And then I think 2-3 times before bypassing my blocker, but then I bypass it and p.m.o.

I relapsed today.Please help me with some advice how to slowly develop a mindset like you.

14. OliverJoseph

OliverJoseph Fapstronaut

Hey man. As fantasizing isn’t my biggest problem, I’m not sure if I can help you properly. Maybe you find People here in the forum, who have got the same problem. They may give you better advices. I am sure you will find people in the forum. But I would recommend to you, to try things like meditation to get control over your mind. But maybe it is more deep work like changing your mindset or to work with changing your Inner beliefs.

All the best for you :)

15. you_can_UK

you_can_UK Fapstronaut

thanks man I surely need introspection.

16. fbj7

fbj7 Fapstronaut

Yeah there’s no way they were those shorts embedding into there ass crack for comfort.

17. Thanks for sharing; physical aspects do have a strong seductive pull, and I'm struggling to find a balance between not looking at all and looking (meaning establishing eye contact) only for long enough to do what I call "opening the window of opportunity", which is basically giving a girl a sign I'm being open to a small talk or conversation. However sometimes it can come across as attention or validation seeking and be taken as a sign of neediness, so I was basing some rules for myself concerning that like no ogling, staring, turning around/to the sides for them, looking twice, and then also 2 seconds rule when it comes to eye contact as the instinctive analyzing of the other person on the surface that we all have ingrained is so fast to the point that 1 sec is enough for that, and the second one is representing an interest which, as I've said, is opening the "window". Why I'm even diving into this in my mind that I too feel like when I don't show them I'm being open then I make myself unapproachable even if they wanted to talk, and I see the moderate eye contact as a good medium without being shallow or creepy.

I'm also currently trying to seek for other means of showing the openness without having to look directly, creating that aura around which isn't stern.

18. Much respect to you! It looks like you tapped into a higher awareness and saw through the genjutsu of their seduction. You did the right thing. I hope to master that myself.

19. onceaking

onceaking Fapstronaut

I think their behaviour was rather strange. It's like the female equivalent of being a creepy guy. You were in a difficult situation and you handled it well. You say you were willing to have a conversation with them if they wanted so that tells me you weren't that savage or stone cold.

20. Sleeperhead

Sleeperhead Fapstronaut

Why not try and get with these girls? Are you going to be a monk for the rest of your life? I believe you can balance abstinence with a healthy sex life and this should be the end goal for everyone on this forum. One day you will have a wife and family but to get to that point you have gotta bang some girls first

You did well to avoid checking them out, you have to be restrained and stay in control when dealing with women or else you will be left with your dick in your hand while they are smiling to themselves feeling validated.

You don't have to feel bad to yourself about ignoring those girls. They were definitely trying to seduce you, but its an exciting game of poker, have some fun have some animalistic sex there's no shame in it. Their self-esteem might have taken a hit, but they are probably swimming in male attention from all the thirsty dudes out there.

sohardrn, Mr. Monk and danhuk like this.