1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Random thoughts thread!

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Prophet Harry, Nov 14, 2023.

1. Prophet Harry

Prophet Harry Fapstronaut

Post all of your random thoughts here!

2. Matrofe

Matrofe Fapstronaut

Alright I will take that privilege.I often ponder that who I would have been if I had the knowledge about food, that I own now. Why my parents were not caring to tell me that the cheap food I have eaten is dung. Now when i watch stranger parents that buy the sweet crap to their children is like, they buy it beacuse it is cheap or beacuse the kid is not aware about it I dunno.Pleasure now means pain in the future, pain now means pleasure in the future.

3. I've significantly reduced my consumption of dairy products and I'm beginning to notice a difference in my physique (more slender waistline) and facial structure (less puffiness around the cheeks and a more defined jawline). Thank goodness for almond milk.

4. drac16

drac16 Fapstronaut

I hate how addicted to coffee I am. It's hard to go an entire day without it.

5. mrack2023

mrack2023 Fapstronaut

I'm currently on the longest streak that I've ever been on. Its not a huge amount of days but for me it gives me hope and motivation. But one thing I've definitely been doing is indulging in food more than usual. Maybe in a way it's eating to cope. It's not excessive in the sense that I'm always wanting to eat something, but rather at my usual meals I eat larger amounts.

I am slightly overweight so I need to be careful. I've also been going on walks/runs and tomorrow I'm wanting to start strength training maybe with pushups.

6. Random thought on this Friday night:

Will my wife ever love me again?

She’s been in a depressive slump these past few weeks and doesn’t want anything to do with me. I’ve been trying to help out more than usual and try to imitate conversations and interactions, but I just hit a brick wall. She doesn’t want any sort only friendly interaction, let alone intimacy.

So yea, it sucks…and I’m trying very hard to not allow her behavior to justify me visiting a massage paleo in order to experience some sort of fake intimacy. I’ve been holding a streak since September…and I don’t want my wife’s demeanor towards me result in me expressing weakness and a lack of self-control…God help me.

Thanks for hearing me out brothers.

SilentWolfSong and fusion47 like this.
  7. drac16

drac16 Fapstronaut

I prefer iced tea and iced coffee over hot tea and hot coffee.

SilentWolfSong and Prophet Harry like this.
  8. fusion47

fusion47 Fapstronaut

Have you asked her whats going on?? Being direct is a good virtue. Plus, shes your wife, she owes you an explanation at the very least.

9. EmperorLaStrang

EmperorLaStrang Fapstronaut

Random thought

I've been living in the past a lot lately. Listening to the old music I used to listen to, watching the old videos I used to watch. It's like I can't live in the present. I'm stuck to who I was. I make new memories, but they don't carry the weight of my old memories.

10. I wonder, what circumstances brought about the corndog? Was it an accident? Was it intentional?

11. I think we want attractive partners mainly for the ego boost. Here is a thought experiment. If you were the only person on the planet, would you care that your mate, the only other person on the planet, was incredibly hot? Likely not.
    Yes, a hot woman will give you tingly feelings between your legs, but ultimately
    We want an attractive partner as a marker to signal to others how important we are.
    And we want to signal how important we are because we don't know our true value.

12. Prophet Harry

Cold coffee is the best!

Bradziggler1990 and drac16 like this.
  13. Prophet Harry

HISSSSS!!!

27_CHRIS_REDFIELD_27 likes this.
  14. Ashen One

Ashen One Fapstronaut

2024 Ramon Dino is gonna be 1st place. SHIT'S CRAZY MY MAN

15. TheLoneWolf88

TheLoneWolf88 Fapstronaut

It seems as my streak gets bigger, I have less and less of an appetite. In turn, I'm slowly losing weight

16. SilentWolfSong

SilentWolfSong Fapstronaut

I'm right there with you... maybe a little heavier than you. In times of stress, it's easy to get used to eating a lot, and overindulging. Overeating can take you farther than you want it to. It's difficult to find something to give us joy.. food is an easy solution but too much bad food will lead us right back to shame, leading us to PMO.
    I'm sorry. That is super tough. Has this happened before?

Bradziggler1990 likes this.
  17. SilentWolfSong

SilentWolfSong Fapstronaut

I wonder if there is almond milk ice cream that I can eat on a low carb diet... or what kinds of pleasure foods I can eat on low carb.

Macoy likes this.
  18. If you find some, let me know. The closest stuff I've seen for ice cream is stuff like Halo Top.

SilentWolfSong likes this.
  19. Yea, thankfully we actually had an “intervention” today and talked through a bunch of the crap going on in our family lately. I’ve addressed most of it and we’ll be taking steps to work on it this next week.

Thanks for hearing me out bros!

Prophet Harry and SilentWolfSong like this.