1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Please [still enslaved to this loneliness]

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by IGY, Nov 2, 2015.

1. IGY

IGY Guest

This is how I am feeling again today. :(

2. MyNameIsX

MyNameIsX Fapstronaut

What is making you feel like this?

Hope you feel better soon.

3. IGY

IGY Guest

Hello mate. It is the failure of a really close platonic friendship. It was via the Facebook and Skype as we live in different countries. But we had so much in common, yet enough differences to stretch our individual opinions etc. Two days ago, he decided that he didn't want to continue this via the internet and wanted to concentrate on people in real life as it were. :(

This has been devastating. It feels like a rejection of me as a person and it has left me feeling lonely and hollowed out as if there is nothing inside my torso and abdomen. o_O There was no argument, no lead up, just rejection and abandonment. :(

4. MyNameIsX

MyNameIsX Fapstronaut

I have had friendships like that over the internet, where the other person has either vanished or declared they no longer wish to continue such a friendship etc.

I've been told once that being their internet friend was some sort of hidden secret. They had a new girlfriend staying over who might use their computer and they didn't want me contacting them just in case she found out. It made me feel like I was somehow someone to be ashamed of.

I think some people forget that just because it's the internet, there might still be an actual real human there.

I know how you must be feeling. It was a real friendship and now it's gone. The internet was incidental as far as your emotions are concerned.

NF SINCE BIRTH likes this.
  5. IGY

IGY Guest

Yes, spot on. Thank you for understanding.

6. i know what you mean!

7. Deadlihood

Deadlihood Fapstronaut

Sorry, man. Here for you!

tweeby and NF SINCE BIRTH like this.
  8. I hope you are doing better today.

9. Spartan17

Spartan17 Fapstronaut

Hey man. I'm feelin lonely myself tbh.. bt I ll sure as hell get over it!
    My gf has been givin me a rough tym abt sumtin personal. Can't be too sure if its d end of d relationship.. vry unclear..
    But!
    Itz all abt dat wavelength in relationships, ya?
    A lot of tyms, people r good fr each oder bt it jst doesn't work out becoz of many things...
    That dude kind of is an asshole. Y pursue such a friendship if he dint want it in d first place???? Big mistake on his part to hurt you lyk dat!
    Fallouts ain't bad tho.
    You gotta learn frm that kinda stuff and move on...
    Frm what I know, most online frndships don't work out in lyf.. Real unfortunate bt vry common...
    As sumone said here- internet was incidental.
    Yeah probably?
    U might find it easier to forgiv him, be grateful while it lasted nd turn your head forward, move on..
    I don't think he hates ya or nytin.
    Just life brother... Catches up to every1

U ll always hav sumone around. I hv had my share of breakups bt I always find sumone better.
    Fapstronauts r here for ya!
    Cheers pal..

10. IGY

IGY Guest

Thank you very much @Spartan17, your kind words are much appreciated.

I hope that you get some good news in your own troubled relationship. :)

11. SnowWhite

SnowWhite Fapstronaut

We should not blame our parents, our surrounding, our past.
    Even if the facts are true: Blaming does not change anything. It's only a cheap try to throw off responsibilty.
    We are adults, we can decide on our own.

NF SINCE BIRTH and Jen@8675309 like this.
  12. Spartan17

Spartan17 Fapstronaut

What exactly r u tryin to say? Dat he just stops suffering frm a frndship loss? Can he not jst let it out wateva is botherin him???

NoBrainer likes this.
  13. SnowWhite

SnowWhite Fapstronaut

Please read again. Properly.
    And then write again. Properly. ;)

14. IGY

IGY Guest

Fuck off SnowWhite! :mad:

15. IGY

IGY Guest

You smug bastard SnowWhite. :mad: It is obvious that English is not the first language of Spartan17. He may not have had the opportunity to improve his English as others have. But do not ridicule him for it. Leave him alone you prick! :mad:

16. SnowWhite

SnowWhite Fapstronaut

Thanks, clever owl !? What makes you so upset, please ?

17. SnowWhite

SnowWhite Fapstronaut

He writes deep slang, so english seems to be his 1st language.

But in my post, I was writing about "not blaming others", and he is writing about friendship loss. Where is the connection? It sounds to me like he didn't read my post at all.

18. SnowWhite

SnowWhite Fapstronaut

@IGY @Spartan17 I was referecing to a post from @IGY at Nov 2015 (!), not the recent one.

To emphasize my statement: I think we all experienced loss of love and even hurt in our childhood.
    That's why we became addicts. But if we want to stop the downward loop, then we need to stop blaming.

The past is over, now we are adults, now we look forward, now we take responsibility for our own, now we decide.

And when we do, then the feeling of depression and loneliness stops. Because we get in charge of our own life again.

19. IGY

IGY Guest

I am not going to discuss my personal life here.

SnowWhite likes this.