1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Please [still enslaved to this loneliness]

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by IGY, Nov 2, 2015.

1. Spartan17

Spartan17 Fapstronaut

You won't get the answer from him... the dude deleted his account on nofap..

2. NoBrainer

NoBrainer Distinguished Fapstronaut

His account is pending deletion. Weirdly, it takes a few days to get your account actually deleted here. There is still a chance he could come back in the next few days, but I doubt it.

3. IGY

IGY Guest

He is a ghost guest now. :rolleyes:

4. NoBrainer

NoBrainer Distinguished Fapstronaut

Okay. Well, it was a long shot. I was pretty late to the party to start with.

5. Spartan17

Spartan17 Fapstronaut

Yup... I guess pondering over dis is not a solution. It's a friendship they shared.. perhaps igy knows why spoon did that because of their personal bond.. so can't tell... But hey its over... Spoon moved on...Igy is focusing on moving on... And I hope he moves on quickly and becomes happy. :)

6. IGY

IGY Guest

You are right @Spartan17 as you often are. I do understand Spoon45's reasons and there was pain on both sides. Mine was considerably greater because I have a disorder that makes me hypersensitive to (real or perceived) rejection and abandonment. I am not over this, but the insane intensity of the first few days has eased somewhat. I shall move on, yes.

Spartan17 likes this.
  7. IGY

IGY Guest

I have had many of you guys showing an interest and much support after the crisis I had last week (see here for info).

It has shaken me to my core as a person, but it seems that the acute phase of my distress has ended. But during the last 24 hours, I have had some glimmers of hope. :) Shafts of light piercing the canopy of my once impenetrable depression. Relief, that is one of my emotions now. The relief that I can retrench and continue with my life. It has helped tremendously that I have been able to articulate my feelings about this here, especially the way this end of a very important relationship has exacerbated my loneliness. But your ongoing support has served to mitigate that somewhat, so thank you everyone! :)

8. We are chuffed that we can support you, and that you are feeling better for it :)

9. LoyalKnight

LoyalKnight Fapstronaut

We all feel lonely at one time. We all. I can feel your pain, but I'm sure that we will conquer our loneliness! Stay strong!

Deadlihood likes this.
  10. IGY

IGY Guest

Being abandoned by my former, very close friend still bothers me. I miss him, of course. But I am also pissed off because he hurt my feelings terribly. He has demolished my veneer of confidence. I cannot see me having any friends again like that. In England we say: once bitten, twice shy. Yes, he has bitten my hand of friendship and love, so I shall not extend it again. He has undermined me as a person. :( He has made me mistrust everybody. I know now that no one can really love me. I am, at best, an amusement to be toyed with for a while until boredom sets in and I am discarded like some irrelevant and useless lump of nothing. I am unwanted. I am still enslaved to this fucking loneliness. :'(

11. LoyalKnight

LoyalKnight Fapstronaut

I feel for you mean. I can only encourage you to move on and to conclude the past, there are, and there will always be bad persons who undermine us. What we should do is to show to the world how we are made. I believe in you, you will be victorious!

12. IGY

IGY Guest

13. bluemonkey89

bluemonkey89 Fapstronaut

I can empathize with you. There have been countless nights where my thoughts were buzzing around like vultures pecking my vulnerable skin, all due to the noise in my head. Self criticizing led me to drink and smoke weed, just drowned the krap out of myself and woke up numb the next morning. I honestly think some may have not received the proper love from a young age, I see myself as this being.

Buddhabro likes this.
  14. tweeby

tweeby Banned

This is correct if YOU believe this...

I'm willing to wager it is more of how YOU are that has caused this. Whether you want to admit this is another thing. Once we get to a certain age we become entrenched in our habits. Kinda like the scene in the matrix, they don't 'unplug' anyone after a certain age.

A few things raise a few eyebrows in this thread. One the long and deep connection with an internet friend in another country. This in itself isn't odd, just the weight you hold onto it seems odd, to any normal well balanced human being. A 'platonic' friendship shouldn't, in any way, cause this much emotion. You know this, I know this, and any well balanced reader KNOWS this. So this is where you have to be honest. If you can't be honest with yourself I doubt you're going to be honest with the individual in question... And this was likely the result in the 'platonic friendship breakdown.'

Simply hit the reset button. Admit to yourself you've been going about it the wrong way with relationships/friendships and this has been the catalyst and long standing issue in your struggles to overcome loneliness.

Had you have done this years ago, and sought to go about resolving these issues you wouldn't be in a position today. However, there is always still time. Time... to change

Good luck buddy.

15. IGY

IGY Guest

Yes, I know this and I have honestly disclosed this openly. Perhaps you would like to read this thread before commenting.

16. tweeby

tweeby Banned

There is a difference between 'KNOWING' this and putting it into action though.

17. tweeby

tweeby Banned

You have NOT been honest. This is your biggest issue.

SnowWhite likes this.
  18. IGY

IGY Guest

Of course. If you care to read my comments in full (in this thread), you will understand the challenges I have in doing so.

19. IGY

IGY Guest

How do you know I have not been honest? You haven't even read what I have said on the subject!

20. tweeby

tweeby Banned

I have read this thread in its entirety. I'm pretty sure you're unsatisfied with playing the fiddle and gaining pats on the back from fellow nofap members who share your sentiments for empathy?

Honesty, is the first step to recovery. Or you can bury your head in the sand.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2017