1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

My history again?

For Fapstronauts of the Catholic Christian Faith

1. Mara is back

Mara is back Fapstronaut

Thank you very much!

2. Mara is back

Mara is back Fapstronaut

Last edited: Nov 20, 2023
    Toni7 likes this.
  3. Toni7

Toni7 Fapstronaut

Intresting story this is. I had one bad day like that also. So I went to confession but just like you it was little bit embarrassing so I want to another curch to the other priest. After I stayed on mass and after mass there was eucharistic adoration I didn't know is going to be and it was quiet so I had time to pray. And from that time to now I'm clean.
    Fight to stay on the right path.

born3, Mara is back and CPilot like this.
  4. CPilot

CPilot Fapstronaut

I've had the same experience and I believe we should recognize these events as nothing less than God replying to our prayers with Actual grace. What a gift and what a tragedy if we were to waste it.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2023
    born3, Mara is back and Toni7 like this.
  5. Mara is back

Mara is back Fapstronaut

Good. Praise God!
    I was clean during 100 days after that. I'd have liked it to be forever...
    I'm doing :)
    Indeed.

born3 and Toni7 like this.
  6. Toni7

Toni7 Fapstronaut

100days is good but forever sounds much better. That the aim. Hope this is the way to do it. It helped you to reach 100days.

born3, CPilot and Mara is back like this.
  7. CPilot

CPilot Fapstronaut

It is no coincidence that when we fail to maintain a regular connection with God via prayer, Blessed Adoration, Confession and the Holy Eucharist, a fall is not far in the future. We need these things to obtain Actual grace from God - the strength and inspiration that we need to do His will.

For this reason, I am trying to focus on the recognizing consecutive days of these good, and vital, habits which lead to Actual grace instead of a sole focus on days free from PMO. To do otherwise is like focusing on consecutive days without committing a crime instead of consecutive days of living a moral and lawful life. The former drives the latter.

born3, Mara is back and Toni7 like this.
  8. Mr Eko

Mr Eko Fapstronaut

Yes, a very good comparison. If one stays away from PMO for a few days without prayer it means that one's success is only an accident. Maybe your body was on low or you weren't in a real temptation or there was no major occasion or circumstance. Beside of this without grace (which is mostly given by prayer - so without prayer) the time without PMO is only some exercise of your will strength. But without a component of the grace - healing, the time can be and mostly is tiresome, unpleasant , even painful. You can't stand long the incresing void feeling combined with increasing temptations and lack of pleasure. And you have not so much strength to do something good for others.

RightPath, CPilot, born3 and 2 others like this.
  9. I recovered my original account!! :-D
    Praise God!

Toni7, CPilot, born3 and 1 other person like this.
  10. CPilot

CPilot Fapstronaut

You are a great addition to this forum. Glad you are back

Mara43 and Toni7 like this.
  11. Dear friends,

I've been with temptations of M for 8 days including today. Please, pray for me, I need God to keep holding me.

Thanks

12. Thanks for your prayers. It seems finally the torment is over. Praise God!

CPilot, Toni7, born3 and 1 other person like this.
  13. CPilot

CPilot Fapstronaut

Recently, I heard a talk by a priest whose gift is exorcism. He had several interesting things to say, two of which I have made a new practice in my life and I must say they are an excellent help with temptations.

First, he said that he councilled an addicted person to say the Angelus at 6, 12 and 6pm each and everyday. The person he advised whined a bit and asked "do I have to pray at 6am, could it not be 7am instead?". The priest said, of course not. Part of this practice is bring some discipline into your life. This practice seems to be amazingly helpful in keeping my mind on track and away from sinful thoughts.

Secondly, he said that when He exercises a devil from someone, he says out load, "In the Name of Jesus Christ, I command you to leave this person". He explained that the devil knows Christ and recognizes His incredible power and thus does as he is told when Christ's name is invoked. I have repeated this phrase, with reference to myself, on a few occasions when I feel particularly tempted. There have been occasions when I have had to do this several times per day, because my mind wants to invite the devil back in, but still it works.

I am praying for you, please pray for me.

Mara43, Toni7 and born3 like this.
  14. lold veidel

lold veidel Fapstronaut

Erm.... Nice sunglasses....and haircut.

CPilot, born3 and Mara43 like this.
  15. Thanks for sharing, dear brother @CPilot! I'm very glad this practices are helping you.
    I say it every day at 12 and 6 pm, I'm missing the 6 am part...
    I struggle a lot with self discipline, btw
    This reminds me a prayer Fulton shared:
    The sad thing is sometimes I don't remember to say this specific prayer... Maybe I should print it...
    Someone said it's not advisable for laypersons to address the enemy directly, it's better doing indirectly, like in the above prayer
    Thank you and of course!!

Thank you! They are courtesy of other app ;-)
    I wear sunglasses because I'm incognito, lol! XD

Last edited: Feb 27, 2024
    Hope23 and born3 like this.
  16. Btw I've been struggling again. Yesterday was a hard day...

17. Yesterday March 5 it was a year since I registered in the forum! Thanks to all who have helped me in any way. Thanks for your prayers, advice and support. Thank God for finding this site and knowing you guys! ♡

Also, I'd like to share with you my more recent journal posts, Monday, Tuesday, and today. Mon and Tue posts are a brief "tour" of my experiences during these months, how I got here and how I am now

Today's one is about the fight I have been carrying out since yesterday, for which I ask again that you help me with your prayers, please.

God bless you all!

18. I'm struggling again. I've been praying but anyway feel tired of resisting. I need to keep firm! Please, pray for and with me.

Gladwell1, Toni7 and born3 like this.
  19. Toni7

Toni7 Fapstronaut

Blessed is the one who perseveres under trial because, having stood the test, that person will receive the crown of life that the Lord has promised to those who love him.
    I'l be praying. Stay strong.

born3 and Mara43 like this.
  20. Amen. Thank you, thank you!

Toni7 and born3 like this.