1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

My history again?

For Fapstronauts of the Catholic Christian Faith

1. born3

born3 Fapstronaut

Amazing. Well done!

2. Thanks! :-D

3. CPilot

CPilot Fapstronaut

Truly, I am so happy for you! Great milestone and you now have the confidence to know you can keep this going. Well done and may God bless you with sustaining grace.

Mara43 likes this.
  4. Amen, thank you!!!

5. Pathfinder01

Pathfinder01 Fapstronaut

Awesome, congrats!

Mara43 likes this.
  6. Thank you!!

7. I went to eat a burger to celebrate :)

CPilot likes this.
  8. CPilot

CPilot Fapstronaut

Good! A little reward to yourself can be a nice encouragement for the next milestone.

Mara43 likes this.
  9. Yes, that's the idea

CPilot likes this.
  10. Last edited: Jun 3, 2023
    CPilot likes this.
  11. JimRacine and born3 like this.
  12. CPilot

CPilot Fapstronaut

I am sorry to hear about your fall and I hope you can sense the healing I am asking the Lord to send you through my prayers.

Shortly before my rehabilitation, it struck me that most of my decisions to commit this sin were so incredibly impulsive. As you say, not necessarily a hurricane or a tsunami (although I have those from time to time) but really just a brief impulse. When I realized I fell victim to such a brief instant of temptation, I realized it also wasn't that hard to interrupt the sequence of sin in those cases. The realization of this sequence turned out to be a very important step in my rehabilitation.

Mara43 likes this.
  13. Dear brother @CPilot,

Thanks for sharing your experience.

That night I was about to sleep, M started and when I realised, I continued instead of stopping... :(
    Next morning was so easy to fall again...
    THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!! Please continue praying for me, I need it so much!

CPilot likes this.
  14. CPilot

CPilot Fapstronaut

Proverbs 24:16 "for a righteous man falls seven times, and rises again;
    but the wicked are overthrown by calamity."

Get back up and keep trying. You are not defined by this sin, you are defined by your love of God and your work to love Him more dearly through obedience. May God bless you with His healing, strengthening grace.

Mara43 likes this.
  15. Mr Eko

Mr Eko Fapstronaut

If you KEEP TRYING you haven't committed a grave sin ( and you can even receive Holy Communion - it's enough the general confession at the beginning of the mass) but if you give up keeping to try you'll commit a grave sin. What do you usually choose?
    In the state of half sleep or being half awake we haven't got full reason and full will that's why in such a state we don't commit a grave sin. it's a common church teaching.
    That's why every addict has to learn to delay their reaction (to do pmo) to sudden temptation impulse. Even non-believers are taught to learn how to delay longer and longer. Resistance ..., we can't react as animals - that is - an impulse and after some fractions of a second, reaction.
    The delay, resistance must be longer and longer gradually. for example - today's delay - 3 minutes after a sudden pmo impulse. Tomorrow's reaction 4 minutes.
    if one is very consistent they can delay the reaction after a year to 365 minutes, that is up to 6 hours. And after 6 hours most temptations cease. But let's continue counting - after 2 years the delay reaction could be 12 hours .... and so on.

Without patience and small steps the war is not to win.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2023
    again and Mara43 like this.
  16. Thanks @CPilot and @Mr Eko
    Amen!!
    I want to love God more and better and obey Him but sometimes I've preferred my desires over His Will :(

I'm so variable... During May I had strong temptations several times but I kept trying, fighting, and didn't fall! I managed 32 days clean.
    But now several times I didn't try enough, I gave in easily :(

l know and understand. For mortal sin we need full realisation of what is happening and full consent. If I was half awake there is no problem, but when I get fully awake I can decide if continue or stop...

Last edited: Jun 9, 2023
    CPilot likes this.
  17. Mr Eko

Mr Eko Fapstronaut

By keep trying I meant rather that after giving in (pmo act) one continues fighting without any delay and after the second fall there will be fighting at once and so on. Without any time of being passive after a fall. It's like a boxer - he was knocked down 40 times during a fight but he didn't give up and in the last round he knocked down his opponent and won the whole fight.

CPilot likes this.
  18. Mara is back

Mara is back Fapstronaut

Hi to all!
    I'm Mara43, I lost the access to my account and to my associated email and I've been unable to recover them. Due to this I created this new account.

God bless you all!

born3, Hope23 and Fulton like this.
  19. CPilot

CPilot Fapstronaut

Welcome back! Your presence here is helpful to all of us and helpful to yourself too. Stay in touch!

born3, Mara is back and Hope23 like this.