1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Just turned 30. No girlfriend and still a virgin. But on the other hand...

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Namekian23, May 23, 2018.

1. Pastoress

Pastoress Fapstronaut

Thank you for sharing this. I am a 30 year old virgin. I am content with my choices, but will definitely credit the religious influence of my family with getting me started down the path of abstinence. Of course, back then I had also assumed that I would be married by this time. I would like to be married, but have plenty to be focusing on. Still, in moments like the one in which I write to you, I would like very much to have someone to cuddle me and promise me sex before sleep.

It's painful at times like this. I get stuck focusing on what I don't have. I am glad to have this community! There is something.

2. determined488

determined488 Fapstronaut

Hey man I think you should read my reply to this thread, I sound like a completely hopeless person, but over the past 3 days I've been able to refrain from PMO, and tonight I'm reaping the benefits of 3 days of nofap. I feel so much better about myself even though I'm still a virgin at 20 going on 21. You are absolutely right about focusing on yourself first. Of course it is human nature to want affection and love, but you can get through it too man. We're all here to help. :)

Pastoress and Namekian23 like this.
  3. dev1001

dev1001 Fapstronaut

Thank you for the inspirational post. I am 30 myself, and although I am not a virgin, I have completely disconnected from social life since the last 4 years after my breakup with my ex-girlfriend. During that time, I also lost both of my parents, and all of this has contributed in me feeling extremely lonely, and PMO thus became my go-to stuff for dopamine. My confidence levels dropped to all-time low.

I need to get in the game of life again. And NoFap is slowly but surely getting me there.

We're all in this together, boys and girls ! Let's do this !!

Namekian23, u376 and determined488 like this.
  4. Isn't that just the crux of so many of our problems? I do it to. It seems like the obvious solution, focus on the problem, try to find a way to fix it. Yet, it seems to bring me just more of the same.

Hence the gratitude list, or gratitude journal. Focus on what is right in your life. Focus on what you do have. That'll make all the difference.

Pastoress and Namekian23 like this.
  5. Pastoress

Pastoress Fapstronaut

I am sorry for your loss. My Dad passed a year ago. My Mom is inching closer and closer to dying. It seems she may have a while left yet, but I am overly hopeful knowing what she has.

Grief stays with us. If we can face it a little at a time, we honor our loved ones and we better move through to the next stage of life. It’s not the same. It will never be the same, but let’s find how our misery helps us to share a bit more loving kindness. Ok?

Namekian23 and u376 like this.
  6. Jairjimenez4

Jairjimenez4 Fapstronaut

Thanks for these message bro

Namekian23 likes this.