Jagliana's Journal | An S.O's perspective

Discussion in 'Significant Other Journals' started by Jagliana, Feb 4, 2018.

1. Jagliana

Jagliana Fapstronaut

No contract, just a 'motivational' speech on text lol which stops as soon as the first payment is rendered.

2. Are they even a real business like is it an LLC or what? When you open a business you need to get it filed with state and if you run a coaching program or business you need contracts, you talk to clients on a free consultation so they understand expectations of program and if they like it and both want to work together next step is contracts and paperwork to read about expectations and such.... it's strange that they arent professional in that regard and honestly leaves them liable to being sued and stuff...

hope4healing likes this.
  3. Kenzi

Kenzi Fapstronaut

Hmmm taking money with no contract is .. Honestly.. Kind of scammy. (the llc is irrelevant--it doesn't need tm)
    Whats worse is it looks bad from the betrayal trauma perspective.
    Like, no terms and conditions? Legally this is fishy

Last edited: May 5, 2019
    Queen_Of_Hearts_13 likes this.
  4. Jagliana

Jagliana Fapstronaut

Technically they never claimed to be a business, he doesn't even call himself a "coach" - he calls himself a mentor. He could easily just put himself down as a sole proprietor and file 1099-MISC as a freelancer. I never questioned it, just figured since he is so far along and apart of BAE, who seem to know so much about this stuff.

This was the description on their site back when we signed up for it:
    Mens Group Online Mentoring & Accountability Group with Coby Mitchell
    $175.00 per month
    • Weekly 90 minute video zoom call with group
    • 6 guys per group
    • Focus on developing recovery skillset and vulnerability in a group setting
    • Group feedback and insights welcome…yup that means cross talk
    • Different time options
    • Group text thread to check in each night and reach out when needed

5. Kenzi

Kenzi Fapstronaut

I'd like to point out that this is under the minimum for Flag Amount for requirements for PayPal and other companies for liabilities (IE on scams ) and other factors, making you the "client" liable.
    If you are paying every month .. This is considered Too Low Ball of a amount to get a refund unless you have actual damaged equipment or a contract.
    Sorry
    Be safe out there guys.

6. Kenzi

Kenzi Fapstronaut

And they don't have to be a business, the transfer can occur between two people like on zelle or by accident and it's still "too low" even of its every month because of a faulty button click or something and you would still be considered responsible and money could be lost.

However if they are running it LIKE a business treat it like a business and complain.
    But sense that didn't work, you really have two options.
    Retract your business, or take to Facebook and warn others.
    I feel like FB is a bit tasteless... But if they aren't listening....
    Maybe reach out to ashlyn?
    Although I don't know of a partner to this day who has any sway of her husband.
    However... Maybe he is skipping group and she legit doesn't know? And that actually IS helpful.

Last edited: May 6, 2019
  7. Mentoring a d coaching can be used interchangeably and on their other site they say they are marriage coaches.... so.... yeah. If you plan to help others in a professional capacity (i.e. exchange service for money) then it's a business.... they are offering and you are paying.... so they really should be more professional about it given they've taken the time to put out some good content and I assume try to build a base of people who follow them....

hope4healing likes this.
  8. Kenzi

Kenzi Fapstronaut

I love that you are looking too... I've been searching for the terms and conditions! Hahaha

Queen_Of_Hearts_13 likes this.
  9. @Kenzi they have a privacy policy that's it.... I went and did a deep search on all their sites and I was so shocked to find no terms and conditions......

10. Jagliana

Jagliana Fapstronaut

We don't want a refund, he liked the live groups and appreciated the others guys input, etc., but we refuse to pay for access to "Coby's mentoring" -- when really, he drops the ball on the "mentoring" part.

I can start a group and charge guys that amount, create a group text and call it a group too LOL, undercut him and charge $150 per month. :rolleyes:

But in all honesty, I created that Discord group for the Betrayed to chat in, for free, this was practically the same thing - just minus the live session once a week (when it happened).

hope4healing likes this.
  11. Kenzi

Kenzi Fapstronaut

In all honesty the reason NoFap is so great is because for $150, $175 or hell even $100 .. It's all too much.
    Why pay if people keep relapsing?
    The ability to understand that your relapse is a choice once you understand your addicted is free.

12. Jagliana

Jagliana Fapstronaut

Exactly~ people signing up for "Coby's mentoring group" are assuming for that money, they get Coby as a mentor/guide, etc., but that is not what it turns out to be, with the exception of the zoom meeting once a week, even with that he bailed on them one week, guys couldn't log in because there was no 'host' account running the call, he never let them know he would be on vacation that week - no reschedule or makeup either. It was super disappointing.

13. Kenzi

Kenzi Fapstronaut

:(
    Sadness

14. Jagliana

Jagliana Fapstronaut

DAY 462:

DAILY OBJECTIVES MET:
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Dailies | Self-Care Completed:
    Self-care is not an indulgence. Self-care is a discipline.
    Morning routine / Verbalized my feelings /
    Journal / Daily talk with hubby / Regulated my sleep.

3 Things I am Grateful for Today:
    1) Self-care.
    2) Recovery.
    3) Walk and Talk.

Last night, we watched Game of Thrones, it's awesome that now the episodes are an hour and a half, but it sucks to know that it is because this is the last season. It kind of feels like they are squeezing a little too much into each episode, I think they could have easily had a season 9 and stretched the story out a little more. He gave me a nice foot rub, I love those, I don't know what he does but I feel my brain twitching lol.

Today on the 7 Good Minutes podcast I listened to “Self Discipline Training: How to Be More Self Disciplined”, in this episode, Evan Carmichael gives us 7 great tips on how to be more self-disciplined. His 7 tips are 1) Create a morning routine, 2) Create a regular schedule, 3) Track your progress, 4) Commit to someone else, 5) Have a Big Why and Little Whys, 6) Have a designated place to work and 7) Do something you love. Remember, we all suffer one of two pains. Either the pain of developing self-discipline or the pain associated with not having it.

This morning, we walked our usual trail out in nature. We listened to an episode of Rob Weiss's podcast "Celebrating Community, Opening Dialogue and Changing the Game" his featured guest was Dr. James Wadley who is an Associate Professor and Director of the Master of Human Services program at The Lincoln University and licensed professional counselor in Pennsylvania and New Jersey. He is the founding editor of the scholarly, interdisciplinary journal, the Journal of Black Sexuality and Relationships (University of Nebraska Press). Dr. Wadley talks with Rob about ways to improve the current structure so everyone feels welcome and deserving to be part of whatever it is that will serve them towards their health. He and Rob also discuss the ways that African American communities are typically underserved when it comes to mental health and addiction programs, especially sexual addiction, what they are doing to help minorities step out of the shadows of addiction and into the light of healing and hope. Although it wasn't necessarily directly related to us, we still found a few topics to explore during this podcast. We also talked about trust and priority again, what it really means and how his selfish tendencies and when he acts out in inconsiderate ways, how it may have a much deeper impact on me than I originally assumed.

What I liked about myself, today:
    (I am trying to find one positive thing to "like" about myself and make a mental note of it, every day. No matter how small or insignificant)
    :emoji_two_hearts: Loving this new lipstick color on me.:emoji_ok_hand:

#Self-Care
    7 Ways to Become More DISCIPLINED

[​IMG]
    Recovery Setback Dates | Inconsistencies or Lies
    5/25/18 | 6/08/18 | 8/18/18 | 9/19/18 | 1/09/19
    1/19/19 | 1/21/19 | 1/24/19 | 1/27/19 | 2/08/19
    4/27/19 |

kropo82 and hope4healing like this.
  15. Jagliana

Jagliana Fapstronaut

DAY 463:

DAILY OBJECTIVES MET:

1) Self-care.
    2) Recovery.
    3) Walk and Talk.

Last night, I caught a cold from my daughter, so I felt like shit. Wade held me for a little and then we went to watch some TV. My brain was not functioning, I felt drained and rundown. I hate being sick, it is the worst. He told me that he can see and understands that I'm "blah" because of illness, but for some reason, he still feels shame coming over him as if he did something wrong to cause me to be like this. I assured him that, no, I just feel like a steaming pile of :emoji_poop:.

Today on the 7 Good Minutes podcast I listened to “Thoughts Become Words, Words Become Reality”, in this episode, we learn about how our thoughts become words, then those words become our reality. Remember, what you think - you become. What you feel - you attract. What you imagine - you create.

This morning, even though I felt like crap, I still wanted to go for our walk. So we drove down to the mall and listened to Relationship Theory's episode: "Igniting Romance With Small Gestures". It was a good one, with a lot of interesting points - very relatable to me personally. I was never one for grandiose gestures or romantic escapes, big surprises, etc., I prefer something small but thoughtful, where the quality of the thought counts more than the amount spent. Their whole point is that if your partner is your priority and you have the type of connection, where you can be honest - you can let each other know what you like/want, which would make it easier for the other person, no guessing or tests, just love and making each other happy -- in the ways each of you prefer.

(I am trying to find one positive thing to "like" about myself and make a mental note of it, every day. No matter how small or insignificant)
    :emoji_two_hearts: Got my walk in, even though I felt rundown.:emoji_ok_hand:

#Self-Care
    Oprah Winfrey: Take Care of Yourself

#Relationships
    Relationship Theory: Igniting Romance With Small Gestures

[​IMG]
    4/27/19 |

hope4healing and Wade W. Wilson like this.
  16. Jagliana

Jagliana Fapstronaut

DAY 464:

DAILY OBJECTIVES MET:

1) Self-care.
    2) Recovery.
    3) Family meal.

Last night, I was still feeling sick, so we didn't talk much. We laid together for a little as he told me about his BAE "Shattered to Thriving" course, this week it was about fears, triggers and moving forward. He said that they went over various points, including the difference between triggers for the SO versus triggers for the PA. Triggers come from fear and in order to remove yourself from that trigger, you need to ground yourself, in my case I use music. He said it was a lot like one of their podcasts, just more detailed with a live Q&A at the end. We also revisited the Relationship Theory video we watched and spoke about the similarities Tom and I have, compared to him and Lisa - when it comes to going above and beyond when it comes to food prep, etc. Then I vent a bit about the headache I was left with from my dad, who can talk without coming up for air, for hours. Afterward, we went to watch OA on Netflix, another good show.

Today on the 7 Good Minutes podcast I listened to “Letting Go Of Past Hurts”, in this episode, we hear an inspiring message from Les Brown on letting go of past hurts, so we can grow into who we want to be. Remember, every minute you're angry costs you 60 seconds of your happiness.

This morning, we did not have a chance to walk and talk. It's my mom's 65th birthday, so we went to the SS office to register her for Medicare, now that she is of age. So, it was a bunch of mundane paperwork stuff, Wade drove us, so he was stuck in the waiting room with my dad the whole time lol. Then we got home and got some cleaning in, he continued and I went to take a nap because I slept horribly the night before. Once the kids were back from school we ordered in and celebrated my mom's birthday, it was small but nice. Back in the day, we would have had like 20 people but not anymore, so many things have changed, sigh. I wish I had the means to through her a huge surprise party, but unfortunately, I do not, but she loves being around the girls, so I am sure she was happy with it as it was.

Now I'm listening to funny YouTube music videos (parodies) with my little one, waiting for the clock to strike 8 pm, so we can get the bedtime routine going, so I can have some peace and silence.

:emoji_two_hearts: Loved how my new yoga pants fit and looked on me today.:emoji_ok_hand:

#Self-Care
    Focus On Yourself And Not Others?

[​IMG]
    4/27/19 |

17. Jagliana

Jagliana Fapstronaut

DAY 465:

DAILY OBJECTIVES MET:

1) Self-care.
    2) Recovery.
    3) Meal Choice/Surprise by Wade.

Last night, we listened to/watched Relationship Theory's "Leveraging Alpha and Beta Roles in Your Partnership" which was a very informative discussion between Tom and Lisa, especially in terms of triggers and how emotional "highjacking" works for him and her. They also go into how to have healthy arguments, how to assign alpha and beta roles, but not in the way society assumes them to be. Wade and I found the whole video great, Lisa gets emotionally highjacked in the same way that I do, probably in the same way that most SO's do - where she cannot think rationally until she finds a distraction and calms down enough to revisit and go through it rationally, while Tom has somehow learned how to instantly take himself out of the highjacking, by forcing his brain into another mode by mimicking the mood he rather be in, like thinking about himself smiling or going into the bathroom and laughing out loud. I also wanted to thank Wade, I've been sick and really run down, he washed my hair and brushed it yesterday, without me asking, he actually wanted to do it and I really appreciated that it made me feel loved.

Today on the 7 Good Minutes podcast I listened to “6 Mindset Shifts That Will Make You More Magnetic”, in this episode, you get 6 mindset shifts that will help make you more magnetic in social settings. The six mindsets to shift are 1. No matter what, I will be okay | 2. I care more about my character than my reputation | 3. I have impeccable honesty and integrity | 4. I don't need to convince anyone of anything | 5. I share my purpose proactively | and 6. I go there first, to humanizing the interaction. Remember, become the type of energy that no matter where you go, or where you are, you always add value to the spaces and lives of those around you.

This morning, Wade's vacation ended and he had to go into work, so I walked alone, even though it was a bit cold and I'm still sick, I bundled up and was on my way. I listened to a few podcasts, one was 'Something You Should Know', "Great Life Hacks & Why Conversations Get So Nasty" which was interesting specifically because I'm a fan of fun facts and life hacks, so this one did not disappoint. Let's be real who couldn’t use some great life hacks? David Pogue author of Pogue’s Basics: Life, is the first guest and he gives us some great hacks to improve your life. Like, do you know the pinhole-finger trick for seeing without glasses? or do you know how to get the last dregs of ketchup out of the bottle—in one second? it's all in there. Then I listened to 'Nobody Told Me', "Ben Zorn: ...the basics of fitness" Ben Zorn is a fitness expert, personal trainer and founder of Zorn Fitness - he discusses health, nutrition, how to work out properly, diets, fads, what works or doesn't. I enjoyed this one too and I want to relisten to it with Wade because he is into working out and I think he could benefit from hearing some of the pointers discussed here.

Wade got back from work, I had asked him to pick something up for me for lunch, he got me Spanish food - which is my comfort food. He knew exactly what to get me in order to please my rumbling tummy and sick self LOL. The only downside is, I will probably gain some weight from this last week of eating like a pig, sigh. Well, feels good in the moment, I guess I'll through myself a pity party about it when I'm all better hahaha.

:emoji_two_hearts: No matter how rundown I felt, I motivated myself to walk.:emoji_ok_hand:

#Self-Care
    6 Mindsets That Will Make You Magnetic

#Relationships
    Relationship Theory on Leveraging Alpha and Beta Roles in Your Partnership

[​IMG]
    4/27/19 |

hope4healing likes this.
  18. Jagliana

Jagliana Fapstronaut

DAY 466:

DAILY OBJECTIVES MET:

1) Self-care.
    2) Recovery.
    3) Morning Walk.

Last night, we laid for a little bit, I was severely drained. I lost hearing in one ear, it feels waterlogged and muffled. After dropping the kids off, my parents stayed for 3 hours, knowing how sick I was, I kept saying I had a headache, but they still stayed and my dad talked and complained without coming up for air. Of course, by the time they left I was mentally, emotionally and physically depleted. We spoke about the book he is reading (Terry Crews) and then about how I need to set up boundaries with my parents, which actually irritated me further since it is just unrealistic. Then we watched some TV and he left for work. I know I am sick and this affects it, but I'm really starting to feel the disconnect that we just started to get back towards the end of his vacation, dwindling away again, which sucks.

Today on the 7 Good Minutes podcast I listened to “Ending An Unhealthy Relationship”, in this episode, Brendon Burchard talks about what is often a difficult topic to discuss, that is ending an unhealthy relationship. Remember, an immature relationship starts with I Love You and ends with screw you! A mature relationship starts with I love you and ends with Thank You.

This morning, we had a disagreement about a text from last night. He sees it his way that he was just busy and caught up with stuff and saw the message late, but I see it my way, as in - I'm not his priority, not really, as soon as he leaves the house, I'm "outta sight, outta mind". He just doesn't get it, he thinks he does, but I don't really believe that he actually understands my interpretation of how 'chain of events' should occur if someone is your priority. He left me a cute sticky note, once I got in bed and saw it, I sent him a thank you and did not hear back. One would think, he would be curious "hmm, has she seen my note yet?" if I didn't respond by a certain point, like when he just got to work, but he did not, his mind was already on other things, as usual. Unless of course, leaving those notes are a form of 'checking boxes', then my responses wouldn't matter (having anticipation). Anyhow, then we listened to the podcast 'Nobody Told Me', "Ben Zorn: ...the basics of fitness" Ben Zorn is a fitness expert, personal trainer and founder of Zorn Fitness - he discusses health, nutrition, how to work out properly, diets, fads, what works or doesn't. I listened to it myself yesterday, but I figured this would be information Wade would appreciate and it would be a nice change of pace from the usual stuff we listen to.

Once we got home, before he left for bed, he reiterated just how grateful he was to have me in his life and for this past year. He has been reading Terry Crews book, which includes a lot of self-reflection and he has been finding a lot of similarities and things he recognizes within himself. He is happy that he is now aware and changing, compared the depressing life he and I, led for 12 years prior.

:emoji_two_hearts: Half-deaf, still pulling through.:emoji_ok_hand:

#Self-Care
    When to Quit on Someone (or Leave a Bad Relationship!)

[​IMG]
    4/27/19 |

19. Jagliana

Jagliana Fapstronaut

DAY 467:

DAILY OBJECTIVES MET:

1) Self-care.
    2) Recovery.
    3) Hard talks that lead to connection.

Last night, we watched some Supernatural and he gave me a nice foot rub, trying to do some reflexology to open up the sinuses, it actually does work, offers me some much-needed relief. Once we were both on the couch, we continued watching and then he turned it off and said he wanted to go cuddle in bed. It's still strange for me to hear him ask for these intimate/sensual (but not) sexual things, it never used to be a 'thing' for him, but it does feel good. While in bed, I asked him if he had anything on his mind and he said yes, the stuff from this morning, so we spoke about it. Then when he was getting ready to leave for work, he asked me the very same question, to which I replied, the same issue, that I still do not think he truly grasps the issue I had with this whole situation and what it meant for me. We had to cut it short because he had to leave.

Today on the 7 Good Minutes podcast I listened to “Developing A Growth Mindset”, in this episode, we get 5 steps to developing a growth mindset from our friend Sunny Lenarduzzi. The 5 steps are 1) identifying and rewriting your story, 2) visualization, 3) curate your surroundings, 4) say no to say yes and 5) "the proud list" aka gratitude journal. She breaks each one down in full detail in the podcast/video, but there is a direct link to her written blog about it here. Remember, there is a difference between not knowing and not knowing yet.

This morning, when I woke up I had a few texts from him saying that our talk the night before did not sit right with him and he wanted to talk about it. When we went for our walk, we discussed why the issue wasn't sitting right with him. How after reading Terry's book some more and continued thought, he realized what I was trying to express and that's the main point, that how I perceived it and felt about it is, my truth and is how I feel, meaning if I believe him, based on his actions, that I am his priority - in the same way, that he is mine. Then we had a talk about his nature, how his dad is like that too, how he grew up in the selfish kind of environment. At home, he read a little more of Terry's book and got to a part where Mr. Crews talks about how his wife stayed when she had all the reasons in the world to leave and that reminded Wade of me and our situation, which choked him up a bit.

When he woke up, we decided to take advantage of the nice weather and take the girls out to the park, then stopped by and had dinner out, together - it was a nice time, family time.

:emoji_two_hearts: The color my hair has become is looking pretty cool.:emoji_ok_hand:

#Self-Care
    5 Steps to Developing a Growth Mindset!

[​IMG]
    4/27/19 |

hope4healing likes this.
  20. Jagliana

Jagliana Fapstronaut

DAY 468:

DAILY OBJECTIVES MET:

1) Self-care.
    2) Recovery.
    3) Family.

Last night, we cuddled for a bit, my cold is still here and my ear has been congested, clogged and my hearing muffled. I feel like my left ear has swimmers ear, just without going swimming. Wade wants me to see a doctor, but I'm hoping it goes away on its own. Then we went to watch some Supernatural and he was off to work shortly after.

Today on the 7 Good Minutes podcast I listened to “The Principle of Reaping What You Sow In Modern Society”, in this episode, we discuss the principle of reaping what you sow in modern society. Remember, a person with enough reasons can accomplish just about anything.

This morning, we went to go see that doctor, so I have a packaged deal, a middle ear, and upper respiratory infection, woohoo, happy mother's day to me. On the way there Wade played a TedTalk that was interesting, from a former sex worker, putting a different spin on the workers and men who come to see them - "What a sex worker can teach us about human connection". Then we went to do our weekly grocery run and for a morning, it was packed, I guess due to the holiday. There were a few triggers there, I think Wade slipped with her, even though she was a butterface, she has his 'dream ass'. Anyway, shortly after he apologized that I keep going through these triggers and that no place is safe for me, he was sorry that his actions over the years led me to this. I appreciate his remorse and empathy, much better than defensiveness or gaslighting.

Later in the day, we had a small celebration for Mother's Day, pizza and a movie, the original plan was to do a BBQ but the weather was shit. Wade did not get me flowers, which was a good thing, as I've been telling him for years not to waste money on them. He created a custom Mother's Day mug for me, with a photo collage of the girls and himself, it was beautiful and I loved it. The kiddos gave me a bunch of art and creations too, it was sweet.

I hope everyone is having a good Mother's Day!~

:emoji_two_hearts: Felt so much love from Wade and my girls today.:emoji_ok_hand:

#Motivational
    Jim Rohn: If I Can Do It…Anybody Can!

[​IMG]
    4/27/19 |

Wade W. Wilson and hope4healing like this.