1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Had a great first date but now im confused

Discussion in 'Rebooting in a Relationship' started by Ghost79, May 12, 2018.

1. Ghost79

Ghost79 Fapstronaut

So I met a woman on an internet date site and we decided to meet a few days later. In the mean time I tried to get to know her more while chatting but she wanted to keep it very short despite her having alot free time.
    So when we finally met I wasn't too sure if she would even show up, but she did! She explained she doesn't like to chat.
    At the end she said she enjoyed our date and would like to go again soon with me and that she would contact me about it.
    So I feel my hands are tied and after 3 days she hasn't written me at all.
    You people think she is legit with me or keeping me on so to speak?

Last edited: May 12, 2018
  2. NF4L

NF4L Fapstronaut

Some folks are adverse to chatting or texting. There are so many ways that text or words and be misconstrued. Perhaps she is dyslexic and doesn’t spell very well. Phone calls could also fall into a similar category, it could be seen as disconnection even though it is a conversation through a device. I am horrible about phone usage. My thumbs don’t work well, and a phone call seems impersonal. To me there is no substitute for real in person dialogue and interaction. There is more to conversation than words said as we have micro expressions and body language, and no matter how much technology can bring us together and feel more connected, it just doesn’t compare to being there in person with another person.

3. Ghost79

Ghost79 Fapstronaut

But we did chat a little and she can write pretty quickly, so no dyslexion there. And at least if she liked me back she could write me how my day was, good morning etc.. Just to keep in touch.

4. Ghost79

Ghost79 Fapstronaut

But she told me she would let me know when she is ready for a new date and she already said that she doesn't like to chat often.

5. Ghost79

Ghost79 Fapstronaut

Too late, I already wrote her today, she wrote me back quickly and logged of again, without asking anything about me.

6. Ghost79

Ghost79 Fapstronaut

You think she plays with me?

7. Ghost79

Ghost79 Fapstronaut

I asked her how she was today. She responded with that she's fine and then she just logged of.

8. Ghost79

Ghost79 Fapstronaut

I just don't understand then why she said a few days ago that she would like to go an another date with me and this time to another city.

9. Ghost79

Ghost79 Fapstronaut

By the way she treats me online, I think she doesn't even wants me to ask her out again.

10. TryingHard2Change

TryingHard2Change Distinguished Fapstronaut

Not understanding women.....welcome to manhood. :)

boner1337 likes this.
  11. Hi @Hawx79 sorry to hear this, I've been there myself only as a woman who dates men. I think a lot if it is modern dating, a lot if people can be very flaky on those sites. She might also be dealing with her own issues like social anxiety, depression etc.

You'll never know. But you do deserve to be with someone who treats you better than that and communicates clearly, someone who can't wait to see you again! Are there any other nice people on the dating site? It helps to talk to several at first and not get too attached, although easier said than done I know.

Ghost79 likes this.
  12. Ghost79

Ghost79 Fapstronaut

@Ceridwin, spend 4 hours with her on the date and she even told me she wasn't expecting that she would have spend so much time with me before the date. During the date she was social, very friendly and was smiling alot.
    But after the 4 hour she wanted to go home fast with the train. When she got home we chatted a little and made new plans for a next date. But after that she just doesn't want to chat with me anymore.

I wrote 100 women and she was the only one who responded to me so I was really excited and found myself fortune that she agreed on a date with me. But now I feel all my hope fade away by her vagueness and I feel a sudden extreme loneliness.

Deleted Account likes this.
  13. Yep unfortunately it happens a lot, ghosting. I've experienced it too. It hurts I know. It helps to remember that on dating sites:

- Some people are already in relationships pretending to be single
    - Some are still in love with exes
    - Some have bad life issues meaning they can't actually commit
    - Some are genuinely inconsiderate
    - Plus many more things that are not clear from their profile

But do you really want to be with someone who can't extend some common courtesy to you? You deserve much better than that my friend.

CowardlyLion and Ghost79 like this.
  14. Ghost79

Ghost79 Fapstronaut

She has been divorced since almost a year but she was asking me about my intentions in a relationship and tried to show similarities with me. So she must have considered me a serious potential partner. But something must have happened in her mind toward the end of the date or shortly after.

15. Ghost79

Ghost79 Fapstronaut

And I also forgot to mention. When we made new plans for the second date she said she would try to find a "cheap train ticket" So she is basically saying I'm not really that much worth to her.

16. Yes, in the end dating is a discovery phase. It's hard because if you're someone who starts to develop feelings quickly it can be painful when people suddenly ghost.

My ex ghosted me then reappeared and we got into a relationship. A few months later I had to be protected from him by the police - I met him on a dating site and he ended up being dangerous. If only I'd noticed the red flags and taken the ghosting as a bad sign. Afterwards I read a post that said "Leave all ghosts in the cemetery!" which makes a lot of sense to me. If someone shows you disrespect and lack of consideration that early on it's unlikely they're going to make a good partner. Onwards and upwards to people who deserve us!

17. Don't worry it has nothing to do with being an awesome 1990s ghostwriter!
    I only learnt the term myself last year, not exactly being down with the youth myself. It means when someone you are talking to on a dating site, dating or even in a relationship with suddenly disappears, never to be heard from again. It seems to be connected to lack of accountability due to dating online rather than in the past where everyone in your village etc knew eachother and you couldn't just suddenly ignore someone without ending it properly.

18. Ghost79

Ghost79 Fapstronaut

Anyway my plan is to wait a week and then ask her about that new date we planned. If she decides to postpone it or whatever I'm just gonna delete her from my list.

19. TryingHard2Change

TryingHard2Change Distinguished Fapstronaut

I think ghosting is also specifically related to when someone blocks you--so your texts go into the ether but I don't think you even know the texts were never received (because you were blocked).

20. Ghost79

Ghost79 Fapstronaut

I really liked her and she was very friendly, I felt good with her. So It hurts me now that she doesn't want to communicate with me after the date, even though she didn't reject me but gives me a cold careless attitude now.