1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Had a great first date but now im confused

Discussion in 'Rebooting in a Relationship' started by Ghost79, May 12, 2018.

1. Numb

Numb Fapstronaut

She didn't have the guts to be honest about how she felt? I agree with Ghostwriter here, I'd move on and forget about her.

Deleted Account likes this.
  2. Ghost79

Ghost79 Fapstronaut

I gave her the option if she wanted to meet me again or that she needed to think about. And her reply was that she would like to go on another date with me. I see no reason for not having the guts to speak the other.

3. ukbritishbloke

ukbritishbloke Fapstronaut

I don't think she's "ghosting" you or failing to communicate. The impression I get is that you're not doing what you need to do for her, and that she's frustrated and maybe losing interest.

It's totally normal for her to want a short first date. She needs to check you're not a psycho and don't smell. Our experience as men is that most dates are fine, with nice women. Women's experience is not the same.

It's totally normal for her to want to save money on a train ticket.

No matter what she said, if she's interested in you then she almost certainly wanted to and wants to feel your interest in her, and as others have said you need to be the pursuer here (or the leader, looked at another way). You can't expect her to let you know about her plans for another date. She wants *you* to plan another date.

She also wants you to communicate a bit more deeply with her, I suspect. If you've sent her a one-liner (What's up? How's things?) then you're lucky to get a one-word answer back from her. She probably thinks that's really lazy of you.

If I were you, I'd think of a couple of low-key but fun date ideas for her, and write her a slightly longer message saying you think you've failed to get this across to her but you really like her, would like to know more about her and would like to see her again. Tell her about your best plan, and ask her when she's available.

As for plans, activities are good. I think small things are often better dates than big things. "There's a new coffee/burrito/jeans/bowling place/park I'd like to check out, or I'd like to see X movie, will you come with me?" is a better date idea than it sounds. What's best is for *you* to have enthusiasm about something you actually want to do, and see if she bites. Don't be all "We can do whatever you want" about it. Make a plan (that's fun for her), don't try to make *her* make a plan (no fun at all for her). If she really hates your plan, have another plan.

If she then says she wants to see you again, then you need to talk to her on the phone. Ask for her number and call her. Tell her about your day and ask her about hers.

Maybe she's not interested, in which case she'll tell you. Wish her well and move on to the next cool girl! If she is interested, she wants you to do something about it, and it won't work just to keep sending her short messages and hoping she'll take the lead.

I may have read this totally wrong - if so, sorry. But it seems to me you need to stop worrying about what she's thinking, and instead give her something to respond to, and something to say yes to.

tl;dr: She needs to feel something substantial coming from you that she can like or dislike, say yes or no to.

Last edited: May 18, 2018
    boner1337 and Jennica like this.
  4. Ghost79

Ghost79 Fapstronaut

@ukbritishbloke Thanks for your advice but its obvious to me she isnt interested in me even thought she enjoyed our date, she just isnt attracted to me :(

5. immadothis

immadothis Fapstronaut

become like david goggins man, I love that guy's advice, just listen to him, he will set you the right path

6. ukbritishbloke

ukbritishbloke Fapstronaut

I don't know what you're confused about then. Just move on.