1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Girl talk

Discussion in 'Rebooting in a Relationship' started by theRegenerator, Sep 8, 2016.

1. MasturbatieAtelier

MasturbatieAtelier Fapstronaut

Oke, so there is distance, but you know she will be at the wedding, and you don't know when you'll see her again. It seems like you two had fun before. In my opinion you should go big on the wedding. Try to have some more fun like you did before, enjoy yourself, and it's a wedding right, so ask her to dance with you. Asking her to dance is a ballsy move, and it show's you like her romantically. I doubt she'll say no. Maybe if she's really shy, she'll not be comfortable with it, just grab her hand, see if that motivates her. You might even try dancing with her outside of the party or something, where there's less people. From there......anything can happen really. But as it is a religious wedding, keep the dancing fun and intimate, don't go to sexual xD

So yeah, basically show her that you really like her through your actions. If you do that, you don't really have to tell her you like her or anything like that.

theRegenerator likes this.
  2. theRegenerator

theRegenerator Fapstronaut

Yeah.. It's a good idea but I won't promise anything.. I want to make it different this time and not plan ahead too much because I can feel it stimulates my neediness and from what I read in the book it's not something I'd want right now so I'll try to be spontaneous, the biscuit part was spontaneous after all and from my opinion it went great but thanks for the idea, it'll definitely help!

StepsReborn likes this.
  3. theRegenerator

So, the wedding is over.. Conclusions time:
    1. Firstly, the girl I was expecting to meed ended up not coming at all.. I don't know a reason or something for that. Her parents were there, I respectfully said hello to them but didn't ask about her because I didn't want to look too needy.. Maybe it's better that she didn't come..

2. Thank you again @MasturbatieAtelier, I read the first 7 chapters of the book you recommended before going to the wedding and got so much info and weirdly, I analyzed what I was reading and a lot of it(like the neediness part, the expressing your true self and being bold part) I somehow knew on my inside but it was all buried with the crappy pua advice found everywhere online and now it came to the surface. Anyway, I ended up talking a little in the beginning of the wedding with a girl that's 2 years older than me. After about 5 minutes of conversation she gave me this weird look and said that something is changed about me but she couldn't tell what. That's when I knew that my change in attitude was benefiting me, a whole lot actually. We ended up spending most of the evening together at the party talking, playing, I let go of my inhibitions and touched her a few times on the arm, waist and knees, we tickled each other and really had fun although the girl I was expecting was nowhere to be found. We took a long walk, I was really honest with her, talked about future plans, i told her I'm anxious around the girls I like, while walking, we met her parents, they were talking a walk too, we joked a little and they let us walk more. I didn't make any move to kiss her though because it seemed like a little bit too much for me for my first "uninhibited" time. I think I should still not force myself too much because it may come up as needy behavior and would kill all the attraction.

When going home she gave me a big hug and said she really enjoyed spending the night together and that she hopes to meet up again soon. Her parents looked quite content about me talking to her so I really had an awesome night!
    I owe you guys hundreds of likes and thanks because you helped me get out of my mind and just have fun for maybe the first time in a reaaally long time!

4. theRegenerator

The NoFap program and commitment made my self esteem just literally boost and the people around me can already see it, I was more proactive the whole night, I walked up to people to say hello(which I usually didn't), introduced myself to a couple of people(which again, I usually don't do) so after 16 days I can already see a huuuuge progress in my life, in my attitude, motivation and life in general, I can see a change taking place and that makes me happy!!!

- Ω - and StepsReborn like this.
  5. I experienced this too when I first joined this community. It's life changing, for sure!

I'm so happy to hear all that!! That sounds like a really awesome night. And by the way, if you're curious, I'm like 99% sure that girl is into you. Haha so if you wanted to go for it and ask her out or something, I'd be shocked if she said no.

But either way, I'm glad you had such a great night. See, things always work out how they should, even if it's totally not what you expected. Planning goes right out the window most of the time.

6. - Ω -

- Ω - Guest

7. theRegenerator

Yeah, I saw that it usually happens that's why I try most of the time to just trust that I'll manage the situation somehow (like survive) but this night was so much more than surviving. I hope I'll stay like this

Thank you and I hope that my whole experience with girls from now on to be changed! This book was everything I was looking for!!!

8. apostol

apostol Fapstronaut

Even though you're on the right track I'll share my 2 cents of advice about overcoming comfort zone.

I've used a technique called "Cold shower therapy" for overcoming the mental barrier of get out of your comfort zone. The thing is - the more you get out of your comfort zone and overcome your fears - the more the power of the comfort zone diminishes and you become feeling more confident with everything you do. So daily practice is essential even in the small things like taking a shower.

You can check out more about the cold shower therapy in this video

Also in my opinion - don't have big expectations with talking and understanding women when you start up. The thing is - the more you do it the better you become at it. It's absolutely normal to not be good at it in your first tries, so - practice, practice and practice. The chances are you won't miss the love of your life by showing your true self. So be willing to risk talking to and don't be afraid of rejection and failure from time to time. It's all part of the process.

9. JustinX

JustinX Fapstronaut

I sincerely thank you for this suggestion. That book is pure gold.

10. theRegenerator

Yeah!! You should also check "No more Mr Nice Guy!" It's also suggested at the end of "Models".. I started reading it and it amazes me.. I can see myself described in it

JustinX likes this.
  11. MasturbatieAtelier

MasturbatieAtelier Fapstronaut

Sorry I haven't been around for a while, I've been real busy dating aswel :D. It's great to hear from you. It's amazing what can happen when you take some chances and show your vulnerability. Seems like you did extremely well. Keep it up man, I think you're on a really good path right now!