1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Exercise Arouses me

Discussion in 'Compulsive Sexual Behavior' started by Francis X., Mar 21, 2022.

1. Francis X.

Francis X. Fapstronaut

I have been doing some exercise, like sit-ups, and I have noticed that it causes me to be aroused. I will usually have pre-cum from it. One time I did it deliberately to turn me on. I did not orgasm, though. That was probably because I did not stimulate my penis. There was still a lot of pre-cum, however. This is problematic because I want to exercise, but I don't want to be aroused. Will exercise be dangerous for me? For Catholics, how sinful do you think this is?

+TenPercent likes this.
  2. MsteiN

MsteiN Fapstronaut

You can drink more water during exercises and use your breathing to control the arousal, usually this things help me to control myself

+TenPercent and Francis X. like this.
  3. I don’t know if I have a solution but I can definitely relate! Intense strain, moving my legs rhythmically, and anything in the prone position can be a real struggle for me.
    Unfortunately, in my case I have cum in my pants while doing sit-up, while using an exercise bike, while doing abdominal lift ups and while doing yoga. :eek:
    Be grateful that you haven’t had an actual O yet. In my experience, the fact that’s it’s happened to me before seems to make it exponentially harder to stop myself from an O once that arousal hits … I think it’s the fear of it happening again that makes my heart race and triggers the next O :oops:

Francis X. likes this.
  4. pump20

pump20 Fapstronaut

That's called exercise-induced orgasms aka coregasms.

{Ananta} likes this.
  5. Morior Invictus

Morior Invictus Fapstronaut

So do a different set of excercises

6. Khufu

Khufu Fapstronaut

My Journal
    thats your sexual energy, a very strong energy if used productively , i know how you feel, before covid i hit the gym regularly, it was fantastic.I had a female personal trainer for a bit, She always found a way to touch a body part, i was paranoid about people seeing my erection, i miss the gym, hopefully ill get back to it next month when they left restrictions here

+TenPercent likes this.
  7. Francis X.

Francis X. Fapstronaut

I know these happen in women, but I never have heard of it happening to men.

{Ananta} likes this.
  8. AModernMiroku

AModernMiroku Fapstronaut

I am somewhat relieved to see that this is common enough in others.

This happens to me almost without fail in core-related exercises. Excessive pushups and other sort of difficult works that embrace the core (pullups, chinups) do the very same. It can be really obnoxious.

For myself? I keep trying new exercises. Because I know myself & my body too well (I really know that I can cause a spontaneous O), I really try to reduce my workload. It is a pain to my vanity, but I am too addicted to PMO to suffer even a likely non-sinful accident.

So, in short, it is a supreme annoyance. As a result, it has caused me to learn a different kind of self-discipline in choosing different workout routines. Will I get all the results that I want? Certainly not. Will I avoid spontaneous Os (which have unfortunately happened to me)? Yes.

So for me, general fitness will suffice, & it is better to reduce extreme workouts than to possibly be a self-trigger or, in Catholic parlance, one's own near occasion of sin.

That said, this is not really authoritative. It is just where I am at. This unwanted things has caused me to pause & think when I would rather simply just workout until my body can give no more. But that really cannot work for me!

Francis X. likes this.
  9. InappropriateUsername

InappropriateUsername Fapstronaut

Change the exercise? If sit-ups arouse, don’t do sit ups. Leg day bro.

the question to answer is why exercise arouses you.

10. Francis X.

Francis X. Fapstronaut

Thank you. I will try to do other workouts. I do agree that it has caused some vanity. Thank you for the advice.

11. AModernMiroku

Again, I am no authority, but in my experience, I first simply tried to cut back the exercises that would lead to the problem. But this either still aroused me or resulted in an O--both having different kinds of "chasers" to them, whether or not sinful in & of itself. (I would say that I could do one more of the reps, or the reaction would more or less come out of nowhere. Both were too much for me.)

And so I decided to avoid the problem altogether. I no longer walk on the borderline, as it were, & I am happier for it & not anxious or confused on the matter.

One can still be fit without being "ultra-fit."

12. Francis X.

Francis X. Fapstronaut

Okay. The question on its sinfulness is difficult. It could be a near occasion of sin, as you pointed out, but one could also utilize the principle of double effect if one does not intend to be aroused. I don't know if it satisfies the proportionality condition: there must be a proportionately grave reason for permitting the evil effect. It also does play into my pride. I tend to exalt myself when I do it. So, it is best to avoid it, like you suggested.

AModernMiroku likes this.
  13. AModernMiroku

I thought the very same.

I found that the consequences were still not worth it, regardless of whether or not it was sinful. That said, there are other things it could be (see "imperfections"--not a sin but tends toward sin). After every sacramental confession, we are supposed to promise to avoid near occasions of sin. It seems to me that avoidance would better practice virtue & also show a firm purpose of amendment.

I also found that the action could become a kind of substitute for MO. I justify too many of my actions, & I would likely find ways to lie to myself if I pursued high athleticism.

Francis X. likes this.