1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Do women have an easier time at this than men?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Onceagain2.0, Jun 25, 2023.

1. Gatewayofhope

Gatewayofhope New Fapstronaut

I think this is a really brilliant way to talk about vulnerability.

Something else to think about, is attachments styles. Make sure your choosing a partner that has a secure attachment style that can stay present with as you process and communicate your emotions, your lived experience.

A person with an avoidant or anxious/avoidant attachment style will pull away when you are emotionally vulnerable. Perhaps you’ve experienced women in your life distance themselves when you show your fears or maybe even get close and establish a deep connection. They run away when your afraid, question yourself, or become emotionally intimate.

Maybe research into it so you can spot the signs and choose friends / partners who stay present with you when your honest.

You deserve full, connected, empathic connection :) make sure you choose worthy people to be around you :)

All the best on your journey

2. Gatewayofhope

Gatewayofhope New Fapstronaut

Hi sweet friend,

I just wanted to say, you have so much to offer. This world is an empty place without the riches you bring.

I understand what it’s like to be mishandled. To be manipulated, discarded, devalued, and told what little worth I have. And I know that the world doesn’t feel safe after that. No relationship or person can convince you it’s good to be alive. It’s much easier to hide away. To build walls and to fence yourself in. So you can be alone. Isolated, but at peace.

I’ll admit I’m still there. Like me, perhaps you deserve time to heal from what has happened. So don’t rush this season.

But I also wanted to say, you’re not them.

You’re not what has happened to you, you’re not their dysfunction, and you’re not who they said you were.

You’re so incredibly enough, exactly as you are.

There is no one else in this world like you. There is no one that has your unique finger prints. Maybe it might take time and in small steps, but show up for yourself and this world, because we need you.

There is a lot you can offer and bring to the table. You’re worthy, rare, exquisite, and precious.

Heal from the past, but remain open to the future. Good things exist and they will come.

Wishing you every good thing on your journey

:)

Last edited: Jul 16, 2023