1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Do women have an easier time at this than men?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Onceagain2.0, Jun 25, 2023.

1. she-dernatinus

she-dernatinus Fapstronaut

Prostitution will never be advantageous for women. It wasn't advantageous before and it's not going to become advantageous now, if anything it equates women to sexual commodities and reinforces sexual entitlement and misogynistic tendencies in men.

If prostitution was truly advantageous for women, I wouldn't be opposed to it. Prostitution is harmful and dehumanising and will always be.

Yes I agree. I don't understand though, why people brandish the fact that 'not all women are good and not all men are bad' as a defense against any feminist who explains her position. Why every feminist is assumed to think that every woman is an angel and every man is a devil ?

This defense isn't used against someone who fights for racial justice, or someone who fights for workers' rights. Nobody tells them 'hey not all white people are bad' or 'not all bosses are bad'.

Why feminism is the only political stance that warrants such a reaction ?

2. she-dernatinus

I draw lines to differentiate between people I can find common ground with and those who I can't find common ground with.

From my position on prostitution, I don't see how it's possible to find a common with a John. Do you. ?

3. she-dernatinus

I think you are confusing radfems with something else. What do you know about radical feminism and it's tenets ?

The feminism that was mainstream until now in the west wasn't radical feminism, it was liberal feminism. The ensuing backlash comes from the inherent contradiction of liberal feminism.

Just send me a DM and I will explain everything to you.

4. Psalm27:1my light

Psalm27:1my light Fapstronaut

It’s not just feminism. Any time I’ve ever talked about rape, or intimate partner violence someone will always say “ not all men are bad”…. Many times it can be difficult to put myself in a man’s shoes. When I was a kid my mom could not get a credit card without my dad’s signature, even though she was the one with a job and she paid the bills. It infuriated both of them. This was just one way women were oppressed in the not so distant past. However, my father was just as angry. He has never treated my mother as less then. So while we as women see the injustices towards us, the men see the ones towards them, and we each feel ours is worse. Rather than live a life focused on the injustice I feel done to me, I try and focus on the change within my control and my life. I cannot make others feel as I do. I can point out facts but it usually won’t change their mind until it directly affects them.

she-dernatinus likes this.
  5. smh_fam

smh_fam Fapstronaut

To go back to the OP, in the end, each person's individual circumstances (brain chemistry, upbringing, environment, social status, belief system, etc.) will determine how easy or difficult it is for them to regulate their sexual impulses.

Now, let us continue to pretend that we can reduce the entire life experience of a human being into one variable and then accurately draw very broad conclusions about inherent privilege and oppression based upon that single variable.

6. Redemptionisrequired

Redemptionisrequired Fapstronaut

Perhaps your meaning is different but your wording is always directed to men as a whole and women as a whole.

You’re dodging me, why relish in another persons suffering?

7. Considering I got the exact response I knew I would, I'd say it wasn't needless at all.

8. smh_fam

smh_fam Fapstronaut

Just an observation, you seem to bounce back and forth between radical feminist critical theory and classical liberal feminism.

The Marxist / Freudian foundation of the former is explicitly incompatible with the "Western Individualist" foundation of the latter. Critical theory was basically designed for the express purpose of annihilating western liberalism.

I don't think you're "woke" but you do borrow certain phrases and ideas from the kind of radical feminists (the former) who will claim that female prostitution is empowering and that any legal or social barriers to it is a form of oppression enforced by the patriarchy (which consists of the collective wills of all men and exists only to arbitrarily express and cement its power over women). You seem to like the ideas of implicit bias, will-to-power as being the only driving force of human society, male privilege, systemic oppression, etc. but you don't fully commit to them. I cannot get a read on your ideology.

Psalm27:1my light likes this.
  9. she-dernatinus

You ask me why I want someone else to experience guilt for life. Because first I think guilt would prevent him from repeating what he did, and two because I think this is justice. We all have criteria for what we can consider deserving of lifetime guilt. Buying sex and investing in a rape industry and using money to reduce women to living sex dolls is one of them for me.

If you disagree with me on that aspect. Then your reasons are one of two :

You think that buying sex isn't that bad and is just an ordinary misstep any man is allowed to make. For which case, it's easy to understand what buying sex reveals about a man's personality and the degree of empathy he has for women.

You understand why I consider buying sex a heavy act worthy of scrutiny and condemnation but still think I have no business calling out a sex buyer for what he indulged in. Again, which is absurd .

So which one is it ?

Last edited: Jul 13, 2023
  10. she-dernatinus

You don't tell.

Here in the Arab world we experience the exact same phenomenon and we are met with the same reaction whenever we analyse the motives behind men's pattern behaviour. It's almost a copypasta of the same MO in every patriarchal society.

Andrea Dworkin wrote :
    The genius of any slave system is found in the dynamics which isolate slaves from each other, obscure the reality of a common condition, and make united rebellion against the oppressor inconceivable.

And personally I think the reaction feminists and women in general met with whenever they try to analyse the female condition as a byproduct of male pattern behaviour, serves the exact same purpose : obscuring the reality of a common condition that is our exposure to patterns of male behaviour, and prevent us from deciphering the full range of motivations driving them.

11. I'm starting to envy gay guys, they don't have to put up with this absolute twaddle. Wait, no, gays are even more muhsoggyknees than straight men? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. she-dernatinus

Not at all. Men are very much aware of the injustices done to us and how severe they are. Many times they are active participants in these injustices and even justify them using a wide range of excuses.

Sure, not navigating the world in our bodies and not being exposed to what we experience plays a role in them being able to mentally distance themselves from what we tell them. But to say it's the only thing, is a big mistake.

It's about preserving a culture and a system that benefits them in many areas. When the Nordic model came out it was met by a harsh resistance, mostly from men. Is it because men don't understand the injustices prostitution causes not only to women in the sex trade, but also the dangerous mindset it reinforces men to adopt in regards to us ?

No, it's because most men want maximum sexual options and paying a needy women in exchange for her getting sexual access to her body accomplishes that. No matter the price women and children pay for that.

Still glad your father was one of the good ones. Men who genuinely care about our wellbeing surely exist. We radfems made a name for them, the male defectors.

Don80 likes this.
  13. >Listening to the unintelligible ramblings of an obese Marxist who had violent psycho-sexual fantasies about beating up men. Why am I not surprised. Only thing Dworkins could beat up was the McFlurry machine after it ran out of ice-cream.

[​IMG]

14. she-dernatinus

She also strongly believed in men's potential for positive change. I know what comments are circulating about her, and as someone familiar with her work, I can tell you they are all either hyperbolic or taken out of context.

Dworkin isn't speaking out of a void, she herself experienced sexual abuse and was a prostitute at some point her life after she fled her abusive husband.

The Manosphere really likes to drag her because of her appearance and some of the quotes attributed to her. Nevertheless, she remains a brilliant writer and her ideas resonate with a lot of women regardless of their political position.

But yeah nice ad-hominem.

15. she-dernatinus

@UnholyConfessor btw, I'm not the only one who 'listen to the unintelligible ramblings of an obese Marxist'
    upload_2023-7-13_22-3-38.png

16. Redemptionisrequired

It’s insane, you really don’t read what is written. You’re not answering the latest question. I said why do you relish in another persons suffering?

You don’t set the parameters for my thought process. Here’s the actual reason I disagree with you, which is not part of your “options” nor even related to what you believe I’m opposing you on. I disagree with you wishing a life of guilt on someone who saw the error in his ways and has abstained and vowed to abstain from engaging in that type of activity again. Besides, living with guilt will only work to re-engage a relapse cycle. Accepting the wrong that was done, vowing and actively taking steps against that path and finally moving past it, is how a person grows.

17. she-dernatinus

I did, And you also can't forget that guilt plays a role in making people change their ways.

Did he genuinely saw the error of his ways and realize the dehumanization and human objectification he was directly contributing to and profiting from, or did he only act out of pure self-interest ?

That's the real question here. And if you read the testimonies of women lucky enough to survive the sex trade, whether legal or illegal, you'll realize that the effect of exchanging sex for money had been very much felt like rape by these women and the coping mechanisms they adopted to protect their psyche are the same barriers rape victims adopt. If drugs are so commonly used among prostitutes it's for that very reason.

This is what any man who buys sex very likely participates in by doing what he does, that's without speaking about the mindset and impulses buying sex amplifies among men.

That's what I'm trying to get you to understand.

18. In all honesty, I've never envied gay guys, as a matter of fact actually felt bad that they were getting hate. But now I hear them at work complaining about Dave Chapelle, Women, Straight men, Catholic Bakers or Twelve Year old Call of Duty kids,. So now...
    I am honestly to the right of Tony Perkins and James Dobson on the subject of Homosexuality at this point.

19. Redemptionisrequired

You didn't, you answered what you wanted to answer. As usual. Try to learn to actually answer the question that is posed to you. I'll say it again, it takes a sick and miserable person to relish in the suffering of another person, especially when he who took ownership of the wrong he did.

So now you're deconstructing the intention behind him breaking away from prostitution? There really is no pleasing you. You really only bring strife to these forums, but go ahead keep victimizing yourself. It's your MO isn't it?

Best of luck to you.

[​IMG]

20. she-dernatinus

Of course, because logically speaking it's through analysing the intentions behind him breaking away from prostitution that we will understand whether he 'really realized the errors of his ways', or more precisely, what errors he felt most concerned with, and what other erronous aspects of his previous lifestyle he prefers to sweep under the rug.

I don't see what's controversial or what's disingenuous about this, this is simply logical.

Best luck to you too.