1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Are kinks and fetishes ok

Discussion in 'Compulsive Sexual Behavior' started by Ship1234, Jul 21, 2023.

1. Wave tamer

Wave tamer Fapstronaut

Is it a sin to have a sexual fetish?
    (The word sin originally meant missing the mark!)

A sexual fetish is a particular object or non-sexual part of the body that causes sexual arousal in some people. So I guess being turned on by crashed vehicles or armpits is kind of missing the mark slightly.
    Hamartia
    It’s a Greek word, spelled in Greek this way: ἁμαρτία. It’s also an archery term for when someone didn’t hit the target or put more simply missing the mark. When we translate this word in scripture we translate it as sin.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2023
  2. Wave tamer

Wave tamer Fapstronaut

3. I'm a Christian, I have two thoughts on the matter.

The Old Testament never mentions heterosexual sex between unmarried unrelated people as a sin.

The law of the Torah/Pentatuch lists what sexual sins are.

In the New Testament, sexual immorality refers to sexual acts in the law that are sinful.

Obviously, very few "fetish" type of things from modernity are mentioned in the law,
    but some things are; bestiality, sex during menstration, between related people, etc.

But here's the question to ask. Is this sexual behavior part of a larger sin issue?

Because it will be. It's going to tie in to some other thing that is a sin.

Is that thing itself a sin? That one thing probably is not, but look at how the practice
    ruins a man's body, brain and life!

And I ask you, have you done a 90 day hard mode reboot?

I think that a man, if he keeps it very clean during a reboot, will reset back to more
    traditional desires.

I had certain things that I did before my first reboot, and it was getting more
    extreme and away from the hetero standard.

That is the benefit to the reboot. It resets you back to the natural way.

Wave tamer likes this.
  4. Wave tamer

Wave tamer Fapstronaut

I think it’s good actually to have a set of guild lines to stick to and if Christianity makes you a better person that’s great. But for me involving god and the devil just makes it more naughty and taboo creating a bigger rush around it, that coupled with however many days of semen retention you can stand and all of the pressure of failing/relapsing/sinning. I think people that are into more self trashing behaviours are going to dive more into their fetishes for being such a failure. I never made the 90 but hit mid 50’s a few times and went straight back to the hard stuff. Maybe working on the trauma driving the need to escape it is better for me anyway

5. Wave tamer

Wave tamer Fapstronaut

Tbh I think I was looking for an argument last night because I’ve been relapsing a bit recently warn out with all the different approaches and theories, guess it’s best to find what works for you and stick to that. Sorry