1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

All I see is couples

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by ElKnight, Dec 9, 2023.

1. ElKnight

ElKnight Fapstronaut

Everywhere I go. It’s like I can’t turn it off. Makes me feel completely inferior. I’m 31 and haven’t been in a relationship in 11 years. Been turning to weed and booze to cope.

2. nomo

nomo Fapstronaut

Stop dwelling on what you don't have and make the changes needed to get what you want. What has prevented you from finding a relationship? Weed and booze feel good for the moment, but we all know that self-medicating will keep you stuck and it won't fix a thing.
    Good luck, and ask yourself, what changes do you need to make in order to find a relationship?

3. GrittyRunning

GrittyRunning Fapstronaut

I know that feel, hang in there.

add eddie and SilentWolfSong like this.
  4. Exact same age, no relationship ever and I get what you're saying. It is one of the most difficult challenges I've had in life is to not be discouraged by seeing this.

5. ElKnight

ElKnight Fapstronaut

It’s just so frustrating. Feels like I’m less of a man somehow despite any effort I make.

6. HealingBodyandMind

HealingBodyandMind Fapstronaut

Its okay, don't feel too bad. Perhaps try to focus on your physical and mental health. Get your body and mind and soul in the best possible condition. We must find a way to enter a state of mind where we are completely happy and satisfied even without any intimate interactions with woman at all!

If we can get into that state of mind, and truly be comfortable in that position, then the pain will no longer be there, and we will be able to really truly smile again in this life

ibi, 1YearToGo, Calm Warrior and 5 others like this.
  7. ElKnight

ElKnight Fapstronaut

I have been. Feels like dating is a popularity/status contest. Nobody gives a fuck about us everyday, common man

8. GeorgeJetson

GeorgeJetson Fapstronaut

I'm an everyday common man, and when I stopped seeking, things happened. It's weird how it worked out, but it's how it happened for me. I've been with my wife now for over 12 years...but I can certainly relate to the draining emotional roller coaster from loneliness.

ibi, SirQwerty, Calm Warrior and 4 others like this.
  9. HealingBodyandMind

HealingBodyandMind Fapstronaut

What exactly do you mean “when I stopped seeking”?

like you stopped looking for a wife and then she appeared or something?

add eddie likes this.
  10. The grass is always greener, bro.

Get sober, complete a hard mode reboot and start going to the gym.

You'll have more ladies than you could believe.

11. GeorgeJetson

GeorgeJetson Fapstronaut

Yes. When I stopped constantly thinking about finding someone and stopped concerning myself with it constantly.

ibi, Calm Warrior, add eddie and 3 others like this.
  12. Relationship single.png
    You want a relationship because you believe that will solve the problems you need to face.
    When you are in a relationship with your current state, you will only meet conflicts.
    First things first.
    First solve your issues and find a way to free yourself.

It's better to be alone with your own peace than in a toxic relationship

13. ElKnight

ElKnight Fapstronaut

Well I can’t be single forever. I’m 31 and the prospects are only getting worse. It’s just going to be fat chicks or divorce single moms

Vicit_fidem likes this.
  14. It's not. You can have hot girls, but you got to earn it.

15. ElKnight

ElKnight Fapstronaut

They are usually the crazy,entitled ones that cause headaches.seen it myself.

Calm Warrior, GrittyRunning and Roady like this.
  16. ElKnight

ElKnight Fapstronaut

I think it’s just I’m a 4 and afraid to admit it. Living in the Midwest is no good either since women make up their mind when they’re 21-24 who they want to marry.

17. I worry about the same but once every blue moon there is a normal attractive woman.

add eddie and Vicit_fidem like this.
  18. Homo sapien.

Homo sapien. Fapstronaut

Why don't you marry as you are 31...

19. Probably looking for someone who he can't have. If he is realistic, and keeps his expectations low, i mean wayy low since he is clearly reluctant to improve his circumstances, there is no excuse that he should stay uncommitted.

20. ElKnight

ElKnight Fapstronaut

I can’t just Will myself to like a beached whale or someone not attractive - I rather be alone forever than wave the white flag to that shit.