1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Advice from a married guy

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by MitchA, Oct 1, 2023.

1. onceaking

onceaking Fapstronaut

I remember there was this BBC programme that asked if housework should included in the GDP. I think it should be.

hope4healing likes this.
  2. Semtex

Semtex Fapstronaut

What have you tried so far?

3. 577ChopChop

577ChopChop New Fapstronaut

Victim mentality. We're all victims here.

4. SuperFan

SuperFan Fapstronaut

I think both of these points are somewhat valid, but when you distill them down to their essence, what you get is: learn to be content and embrace the season of life you find yourself in.

I've spent a lot of my life believing happiness was wherever I wasn't. When I was single, I wanted to be married, and when I was married, I wanted to be single. When I worked 14-16 hour days in Hollywood, I couldn't wait for a nice long break, and then when I was actually on the break, I couldn't wait to get back to work. When you're a kid you can't wait to be an adult, and when you're an adult you long for the simplicity of being a kid.

These feelings all stem from a belief that happiness is found in externalities ... but it isn't. Happiness is found within, through gratitude and living in the present moment, instead of daydreaming about the past or fantasizing about the future.

5. thatrudeb81

thatrudeb81 Fapstronaut

Buddy, you have the wrong one. I am not nor have I ever been a victim and I do things for myself and my family, and I am more than happy to help out my husband when he’s down and out.