1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

7 Day Vegan Challenge

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by I Free I, Jun 2, 2017.

Would You Do A 7 Day Vegan Challenge ?

1. Yes

11 vote(s)
    84.6%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    15.4%
  1. I Free I

I Free I Guest

So I've decided to join in on a 7 Day Vegan Challenge, which mean's I won't be eating any meat for one week . The reason for me doing this is because I want to see if I'll notice any changes within myself, positive or negative, like change in thought pattern, Increase or Decrease in happiness overall, or how much willpower do I really have when it come's to eating or not eating certain foods ? etc. etc. I always eat healthy but I feel if I really want to test out how healthy I can really be, I'll partake in this challenge & accomplish it . I've already completed Day 1 So I'll log about that & I'll log about the rest of my challenge everyday until I've completed what I set out to complete . Let's Do This ! :emoji_pray:

2. I Free I

I Free I Guest

Day 1
    So this first day of my challenge was pretty much a normal day , I felt ok the whole day and ate some healthy vegetables along with some water (as usual) , soymilk,fruits,etc. etc. Now up until I started to work ( I work the midnight shift ) , I started feeling a little weak which was weird because I hardly ever feel that way when I'm at work,gym,baseball field or anywhere else for that matter . I started to realize as I was working that me not eating meat this whole day most likely had something to do with it but I said to myself that I will keep pushing & never give up no matter what . Grateful that I had a successful day today .
    Completed

3. Hezeru

Hezeru Fapstronaut

I am a vegan, I started after wathing some films from dr. Greger at Nutritionfacts.org. I think I have more bone density. I was shaking hands with a guy that eats a lot of meat everyday and his hand felt so weak compared to mine so..meat don't give you strenght for sure.
    But you need to have a lot of callories, which you won't be able to have just from the vegetables, you need a lot of cooked things like : rice (white, brown, red),whole grain pastas, whole grain barley, cooked pea, whole grain bread, potatoes, buckwheat etc. and also nuts, sunflower seeds which contains a lot of vitamins. and avoid oils of all kind.
    I tried eating a plate of eggs one day and after i put it in my mouth I just spat it out because I couldn't swallow it, it doesn't taste like food anymore for me.

SheMonk, Bearish, jest and 1 other person like this.
  4. jest

jest Fapstronaut

I've been attempting to go vegan for a while now but I struggle with figuring out the correct amount of each food to eat as well as the avaliable variety and trying to hit that recommended daily intake %. The fortified vegan stuff is a lot more expensive than regular food and it's somewhat scarce where I live... Either way, once I do some more research and try new foods I'd probably have a go at 7 days of veganism regardless. Keep up the positive attitude OP!

I Free I likes this.
  5. I Free I

I Free I Guest

Interesting, I've heard stories about this as well .
    Thanks for sharing your thoughts .

Indeed. Thank You .

6. I've done it before. In my experience, lethargy starts setting in day 5, along with a bit of indigestion. After you get past the hump it's smooth sailing.

I Free I likes this.
  7. Bearish

Bearish Fapstronaut

I wish I could like your post 95 times. We've been "nutritarian" since August 2013. My husband lost 200lbs and I lost 40. There is NOTHING you can do more powerful for health and longevity than changing the stuff you put in your mouth. Not even exercise, which is really very inefficient for losing weight.

My skin tone changed: I can wear all sorts of colors I could never wear before, which is my favorite benefit, besides going back to the weight I was in my 20s.

8. Bearish

Bearish Fapstronaut

Oh, and we LOVE Michael Greger, nutritionfacts.org.

Mean Machine likes this.
  9. I Free I

I Free I Guest

Thanks . Great To Know .

FightAgainst likes this.
  10. Hezeru

Hezeru Fapstronaut

I also recomment you eating a lot of lentils. They are very tasty and nutritious, I usually just put some ketchup on it and voila :)

FightAgainst and I Free I like this.
  11. I Free I

I Free I Guest

Day 2
    Today was a normal day as well, although a little more interesting than yesterday . I snapped & got very angry with someone I know that did something to me when I always tell them not to do what they did & as I went off on them, I noticed that I got angry very quickly . The reason for me getting very angry might be because of my NoFap streak or could be because of my vegan challenge that I'm doing but the point is that it takes a-lot for me to blow up at someone & I just did without being fully aware at that moment in time . I also felt a little weak at work again but not as bad as yesterday, my body is still trying to get used to me not putting any meat into my system probably . I assume now that as the days go by, I'll notice little changes more & more . Still though, another successful day without any meat intake ... Focused .

Completed

FightAgainst likes this.
  12. Hezeru

Hezeru Fapstronaut

you'll feel more nervous because your nerves are going back on the rails. Imagine you put entire life a fats in your body, in veins, in skin , and then you just stop it. The blood starts to flow better, heart is pumping stronger, because you don't have any cholesterol. You become more sensitive, intuitive, so that's normal. Anyway of course you can't get angry , you just need to find a way to fill your energy in, like sports or learning.
    If you feel weak that means you need more callories, eat more bread and pastas, potatoes and stuff and avoid salt. Also you may be taking some caffeine which makes you nervous. I stopped drinking coffee and I lost my brain fog, because it's a drug, light drug but still.. you'll get used to it :)

I Free I likes this.
  13. I Free I

I Free I Guest

Ok great to know, I don't drink coffee... just water,tea, or gatorade. And as far as me getting angry, I understand where your coming from & it completely makes sense . I go to the gym & I do play sports like softball,basketball,running, & boxing but I'm just playing softball for this week... don't want to overdue it while I'm on this challenge . I also music produce so I'll put my energy into that this weekend along with reading & softball tomorrow . Your a great help, I appreciate you ! Keep checking on me, lol . :emoji_pray:

14. Bearish

Bearish Fapstronaut

Eat more BEANS and BROCCOLI. They are high-quality fuel and they're really bulky to help you feel satisfied.

Don't eat bread: it metabolizes really quickly into sugars (depending on the whole grain content) and therefore make you hungrier.

I Free I likes this.
  15. I Free I

I Free I Guest

[​IMG]

16. Hezeru

Hezeru Fapstronaut

Bruh, he just give up eating meat, give him a chance to do some steps, you don't want him to live on vegetables only, he's hungry. Either you go step by step or jump off the stairs. The best bread is the dark one, whole-grained. I mean of couse it's not as healthy as beans but who would live on beans every day? A couple slices of bread is Imo better than scrambled eggs. :p

I Free I likes this.
  17. Bearish

Bearish Fapstronaut

Uh... Mexicans, Cubans, many Africans, Japanese, Indians, Lebanese, Egyptians...etc. ;-)

Beans of all kinds are staples to many of the world's oldest cultures.

I personally recommend any of the Indian dals: moong (mung), masoor (brown when whole, pink when split), toor (pigeon peas), and also rajma (good ol' red kidney).

Chickpeas and fava beans make all sorts of amazing dips and spreads (hummos, fool damas), as well as falafel, of course.

Soy beans are great steamed (edamame) or as tofu, and of course a quick trip to Chipotle gives you ready access to black and pinto beans.

There are so many ways to incorporate beans into one's diet, that it almost doesn't seem like you're eating beans every day.

I'm not trying to be obnoxious, I promise. Just being fun here to make a point. Beans are among the most powerful "superfoods" in the world, and while whole grain black bread is really good--as you say, and I love it-- it just can't compare to the fueling efficiency of whole plants.

Hezeru and I Free I like this.
  18. I went vegan for 3 years and I saw no noticeable difference. Most of what people experience is a placebo effect. I've personally gone from vegan to ketogenic and feel fantastic, but guess what that means? Absolutely nothing, that's what!

Also meat is a great source for protein, and protein builds muscle. When I was vegan I always had to supplement protein since I was never getting enough from
    my food. Also I know of plenty of strong meat eating mo-fo's, so people can either support their claims with scientific studies or you can take their personal experience with a huge grain of pink salt. I myself prefer scientific data over this "meat is evil" or "that food is evil" militant mumbo jumbo.

"Following extensive adjustment for potential confounding factors there was no significant difference in all-cause mortality for vegetarians versus non-vegetarians [HR=1.16 (95% CI 0.93-1.45)]. There was also no significant difference in mortality risk between pesco-vegetarians [HR=0.79 (95% CI 0.59-1.06)] or semi-vegetarians [HR=1.12 (95% CI 0.96-1.31)] versus regular meat eaters. We found no evidence that following a vegetarian diet, semi-vegetarian diet or a pesco-vegetarian diet has an independent protective effect on all-cause mortality."
    Source:
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/28040519/

19. Bearish

Bearish Fapstronaut

Watch "Forks Over Knives." What didmyou eat as a vegan? Not everything "vegan"is nutritious.

I Free I likes this.
  20. I Free I

I Free I Guest

Interesting .

I'm not a big science fan or science supporter for that matter but I respect this study .