1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Wim Hof Method

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by antycorpo, Jul 2, 2017.

1. antycorpo

antycorpo Fapstronaut

As cold showers and meditation are very popular in the community here, does anyone tried the Wim Hof Method? Any opinions? It looks quite amazing, I must say.

2. It's called hypothermia. Leave it alone.

BattleOfWolf359 likes this.
  3. NINEZHIGHENDFREAKZ

NINEZHIGHENDFREAKZ Fapstronaut

4. Too many people on here self diagnose or try totally unproven or even dangerous methods. See a doctor for physical problems, consider therapy for emotional issues, don't mix drugs and vitamins that are not regulated without knowing possible interactions. You really can't PMO dead!

5. David0895

David0895 Fapstronaut

I currently practice the wim hof method but with cold water, meditation and what if it helps a lot is breathing helped me to avoid getting sick and helps you maintain good biological defenses, if you can investigate the benefits of bathing with cold water, it helps a lot .

All this is gradual and little by little, I no longer I bathe with hot water, better with cold water to strengthen my immune system. The truth at first is afraid to bathe you with cold water but the key here is breathing, I unfortunately can not travel to take the course that teaches wim hof, but on youtube I have gradually been learning.

This I have practiced in short periods, I no longer warm water to bathe, only cold water, at the time or freeze. Personally the cold water baths have helped me avoid falling into the PMO, as it gives you a lot of willpower.

6. Amazing..

7. stygian

stygian Fapstronaut

I would like to try the wim hof method at some point, but right now am working on other things and also it's quite difficult. I will turn the water on the shower cold periodically now, will try to increase it.

8. Tau_Ceti

Tau_Ceti Fapstronaut

You've probably come across this already, but Wim did a great interview with Tim Ferriss a while back.

I sometimes use the deep breathing in the morning, and am a fan of a Scottish shower (warm to finish on cold) as I haven't quite gotten the nads to go full cold yet.

David0895 likes this.