1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

"Willpower is for losers" - do you agree?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Bingles, Jan 3, 2024.

Willpower is for losers?

1. Yes

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  2. No

6 vote(s)
    60.0%
  3. Other (reply below)

3 vote(s)
    30.0%
  1. Bingles

Bingles Fapstronaut

Do you agree with his views?

2. I'll check this out later Bengals, just commenting so I remember to when I have the time.

3. SirQwerty

SirQwerty Fapstronaut

Very intersting perspective presented in the video, and I agree. I will start off by saying Willpower isn't necessariyl for losers, because controlling impulses is improtant, and there may be situations where you can't eliminate the temptation. However, life is about conquering temptations, and a powerful quote I heard is that "You can't be tempted by something you don't desire".

So really, similar to what was stated in the video, eliminate temptations when you can and your desire will decrease, so much so, you will not need to use willpower because you don't desire it.
    Don't waste energy on willpower when you don't have to.

The key is to change your desires, and have a vision. When you're living out that vision, you'll have no problem throwing out anything or getting rid of anyone that inhibits you from achieving the vision.

4. Interesting video but I'm not sure the guy actually explains what you're supposed to do to to stop using willpower in that much detail. It seems like a very clickbaity, fluffy sort of video that doesn't say much. The general gist I got when you distill the point down is "Remove temptations instead of trying to resist them" which is, idk, kinda obvious?

Sarah-Walker likes this.