1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Why some women are private on social media

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by nfpexperiment, Mar 12, 2023.

1. nfpexperiment

nfpexperiment Fapstronaut

Hi,

Just asking, why are some women private in social media, they only post one or few pictures and not more. Other women are kinda like junkies posting too much photos of themselves, selfies etc,I mean yes u are beautifull, cut the crap with wanting validation. Ok, some it is their job to post if they are influencers or only fans so they are trying to monetize.

Br,
    Nfp

2. starsandsuns

starsandsuns Fapstronaut

- They see social media as largely a waste of time (I do. What do you actually gain from it, is it a productive use of your time?)
    - Concerns about privacy (anything you post can be used against you in the workplace, perhaps even their governments)
    - They don't need any validation
    - They outgrew it (used Facebook as a highschool student, got bored of it after)

onceaking, Meshuga and silex_jedi like this.
  3. silex_jedi

silex_jedi Fapstronaut

why would anyone have to share their life/pictures to begin with?

replace that with men and you'll have the same question. i have known some that share too much and some that don't share anything at all.

i don't see what you are looking for. if you want to know just ask the person. you'll get more interesting information from that specific individual and you get a free topic of conversation and you get to know about (if as i suspect it could be a woman) her.

kropo82 likes this.
  4. SelfProgressGal

SelfProgressGal Fapstronaut

Some people do it for validation, some don't. It's none of your business.

silex_jedi and kropo82 like this.
  5. nfpexperiment

Yes but why some women do it and some dont ?

6. SelfProgressGal

SelfProgressGal Fapstronaut

Why does it matter? Some women might be more social and extroverted and like sharing stuff with people to connect. Some might be more introverted and uninterested in social media.

SilentWolfSong likes this.
  7. nfpexperiment

Some like the free attention, like the validation that their butt is nice or something....

8. ...and some don't. So, there you go. Looks like you answered your own question.

SilentWolfSong likes this.
  9. I think some women, just like men, will do it because it makes them feel like they are engaging with people when they really are not and they are addicted to seeing all the likes or comments. In a way it's similar to any addiction where you want that fix to feel better.

I think some people do it because they are trying to sell their business, whether it's only fans or a legitimate business like a hair dresser.

I think some people don't engage in social media because they don't feel the need to. I have a Facebook and Instagram account and if I post once a month on either one that is a lot for me. I simply don't feel the need to share every thought that I have or everything that I am doing in life.

Rev2.0 likes this.
  10. Rev2.0

Rev2.0 Fapstronaut

I won't venture to answer the why but for me, if I got good vibes off a woman in person and then found out she used little or no social media, that would be the icing on the cake for me. As long as she has nothing negative to hide I have great respect for a woman who puts herself out in public only very sparingly. Scarcity creates value.

hope4healing likes this.
  11. Yes I Can Man

Yes I Can Man Fapstronaut

Women are there to seek validation from other men known as Si@ps.

Many will post their personal life like getting married, kids, significant other, food pictures, selfies etc for likes but after a few hours the Facebook ‘Friends’ will forget about it. Many will post selfies everyday showing the world how beautiful they are. They may also be going through a mental illness. Nobody cares about your life but YOU.

However, social media can be a powerful tool for personal brand and business.