Where did your username come from?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by EmperorLaStrang, Jun 17, 2023.

1. EmperorLaStrang

EmperorLaStrang Fapstronaut

I shall explain mine.

I am the 363rd Emperor of Gagulatan Centarus.

I am Emperor Perrick de la Strang V, the gold lizard, first of the nephite, lord of the empty valley, the first to touch fire, carrier of the great holy seal, and breaker of the Porpitaan wastes.

Born in 534AL to a savage raiding tribe known as the Gray Scabbarbs in the Porpitaan Wastes. I grew to be a might warrior, defeating the gargantuan Sir Horrer the Terrible. By drinking his noble blood I purified my savage spirit and transformed into a noble man. With my nobility I renamed myself from Roucher son of Roucher to Perrick de la Strang. Appropriating the name from the bringer of the Porpitaan Waste. King-Saint Pormuxs la Strange, the meat-wizard of the New Spirit. Once I gained the blood of a nobleman I challenged the Gray Scabbard chief Tytos the Cleaver-Bringer to a duel. I defeated him and took over my tribe. Scouring the wastes for the Golden City State. A tribesman can't be a noble man in a roaming raiding tribe.

The Golden city opened their gates to my savages and myself with open arms. We sacked the city and I melted the Kings Golden Lizard and drink infront of him. Cementing myself as the Golden Lizard. I slayed the king and his dragon. I took over the city state and absorbed his army into mine.

I no longer had need for my army of savage hammerheads. As they were vicious, perverted, and uncontrollable. So I casted them in the mudpits into the pits of Porpitaan and glassed the Wastes.

I then raised the city state and sowed salt in the grounds of Porpitaan after the glassing. I traveled to the empty valley slayed the Yearling the 3 tailed snake and built myself a mighty castle in the center of the valley. I was now the lord of the Empty Valley.

From their I gave fire to the savage tribes of the Valley. When I did this the demon Narkan ascended from the skies and indicted me as a holyman. I challenged him, defeated him and took his seal and casted it into the fire. Turning it into the holy seal.

By this moment all of hell was bound to me and the savage tribes of the empty valley. I took them along with my army of knights and assaulted the Capitol. Killing the emperor and crowning myself as the emperor.

How'd you create your name?

I'm curious to hear.

Semtex and Joseph Campbell like this.
  2. I'm a big fan of the band Avenged Sevenfold and thought the name was appropriate for the site. Certainly nothing as epic as your backstory.

LostSon267 and EmperorLaStrang like this.
  3. EmperorLaStrang

My soothsayer was once an unholyconfessor.

4. she-dernatinus

she-dernatinus Fapstronaut

5. To be one with the world by being one with myself.

6. Just created it one day. I aspire to be wise one day.

Curtis Craig likes this.
  7. ArchangelOnSteroids

ArchangelOnSteroids New Fapstronaut

I'm a big fan of Burial, particularly his song "Archangel" from his album "Untrue"
    As for the steroids part idk I just thought it was funny lol

AbsentMinded and jurte like this.
  8. Bingles

Bingles Fapstronaut

I saw a funny WoW npc called Bingles and the name stuck with me.

9. ClaritySeen201

ClaritySeen201 Fapstronaut

Heh. I finally was able to see clearly today, have clarity on my life.

Curtis Craig and nonanino like this.
  10. Ūruz

Ūruz Fapstronaut

I like bulls, it's my favorite animal; bulls posses lots of endurance and are calm, but also can be very powerful and deadly. The name Ūruz is a reference to the ᚢ rune in the Elder Futhark runic alphabet, which means "wild ox", which is a reference to aurochs. Aurochs was an extinct wild cattle species that used to roam Europe, they were kind of like European version of African buffalo, only way larger in size and with massive horns.

Aurochs are often depicted on cave wall paintings from the Stone Age. Their coat was supposedly pitch black, with some gray on their back and possibly forehead, and they reached up to 6 feet in height, they were truly a majestic creatures, fully mature bull was so big and powerful that they had no native predators to be afraid of, apart from humans of course who hunted them. The last known member of the species died in the early 17th century.

The bull worship was practiced among many religions and cultures across the time, which probably originated from symbolic respect shown towards the strength of Aurochs by the prehistoric people of the Stone Age. The sign of Taurus in modern western astrology is believed to originate from bull worship, therefore by extension representing aurochs. So happens to be that my astrological sun sign is also a Taurus. In astrology the sun sign represents your path in life, your dharma, as Hindus would say. And I guess I am trying to embrace that for myself.

Aurochs is a symbol of strength, masculinity and vitality. But more than just a writing system the runes in of the Elder Futhark runic alphabet, in European paganism, was also believed to have spiritual and magical meanings; the rune Ūruz represents the end of one stage and the beginning of another, a transition, as well as raw spiritual power. And I think these symbolic meanings are a fit with the theme of these forums, at least for me personally.

11. EmperorLaStrang

That's pretty fucking cool.

Ūruz likes this.
  12. I’m a guy who had a transient global amnesia (TGA) episode that I at least partially attribute to my strenuous activities with a particular camera model to whom I became addicted.

Semtex and Don80 like this.
  13. SoberGuy

SoberGuy Fapstronaut

I like viking stuff and my real name is "Victor". If u say my username fast, it's gonna sound like my real name

Curtis Craig likes this.
  14. That's really interesting. What is TGA?

15. Defined in my post.

16. I'm always on the road walking with the God I gave my heart to.

TGAguy likes this.
  17. No I mean what does it entail.

18. Don80

Don80 Fapstronaut

The name of the actor from the TV show I've loved watching as a teen.
    [​IMG]