1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

What would women like to know more about men? What would men like to know more about women?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by seaguy44, Jun 4, 2020.

1. seaguy44

seaguy44 Moderator Assistant

Great question!

2. seaguy44

seaguy44 Moderator Assistant

From the male perspective, men are direct and go to the point especially during the dating. If we want sex, we'll ask sex. If we want to date more, we'll ask for more dates.

3. That's a pretty good answer. Y'know, usually, we tend to put up questions asif though women couldn't talk or express themselves. I should ask more questions, then. My problem is mostly that I'm a man of few words.

Guy must've been pissed about that.
    Some years ago, I had a girl reject me. I asked her why and she said my chin was too large and looked weird. I'll never forget that. RIP

seaguy44 likes this.
  4. Psalm27:1my light

Psalm27:1my light Fapstronaut

But aren’t you glad she was honest? Do you want to be with someone who puts that kind of value on your chin? Lol. Yes, he was very angry. He didn’t think that should matter, but to me it did. Why waste his time if I absolutely know that I don’t want a relationship with someone who doesn’t even believe in God when I do? Had I known that before the date I would’ve said no then. But it only came up during the date.

Deleted Account likes this.
  5. Psalm27:1my light

What exactly do you mean by “ test men”?

Wugazi32 likes this.
  6. Do you look at men and women as "individual-people" or as "classic-stereotypes"?

7. I think it's a massive misconception that women have lower sex drives than men. It varies a lot person to person. My wife has a higher sex drive than me most of the time and her female friends who are vocal about sex also have higher libidos. One of them even got dumped by their boyfriend in college for wanting too much sex!

It's an interesting thread, my wife and I have gone through it together and discussed opinions.

8. SequinHistory

SequinHistory Fapstronaut

I’m not sure that’s really the case nowadays with the whole ‘nice guy’ thing. These ‘nice guys’ seem to give women the impression that they are genuinely interested in pursuing a relationship, when really they just want sex. They’re either rejected and react with, “Hey I’m just being nice! You’re crazy!” or the woman shows continued interest and they say, “Wow I never said this was serious! You’re crazy!”

Psalm27:1my light likes this.

9. Agreed I also think any guy that boasts about being a nice guy/gentleman is usually a red flag/full of themselves. Modesty tends to go a long way in early dating if you're looking for something long term.

seaguy44 likes this.
  10. vercent99

vercent99 Fapstronaut

How often should you text each other and who initiates, or mixed?

11. Just text when you want, if you want an honest long term relationship don't bother worrying about mindgames and such. If the girl doesn't initate much but actually responds a lot she's likely just shy.

Wugazi32 and Psalm27:1my light like this.
  12. vercent99

vercent99 Fapstronaut

if i am the one to only initiate every time it makes me feel unloved, especially if she have no problem talking to others by initiating herself. How to know the difference between shy vs playing games (wasting time) it happened before and now i am afraid to go down the same road

DyingStar likes this.
  13. I get you. I've went through that before too. There's an overarching belief in our society, and most cultures, that since men are masculine they should be the initiators for everything. If she sees you as a romantic prospect, she may hold that belief which in that case you should ask her directly. If she thinks you're being clingy or responds negatively because you want to feel cared for then you should just stop talking to her altogether. Don't do what I did and play the silent game it's a hassle that's not worth it.

vercent99 likes this.
  14. vercent99

vercent99 Fapstronaut

i did the same, but my case has some more details where it leads more to being played on. I give up on the riddle but you are right, next time i just need to ask why they dont initiate anything whatsoever. Thanks u for the replies

DyingStar likes this.
  15. Psalm27:1my light

Are they playing games and wasting your time or were they interested and then realized you aren’t what they are looking for or a good match? I mean, it takes more than a few months to start seeing who people really are. It doesn’t mean you aren’t a great guy or the girl is playing games. Why do you conclude that they are playing games if it doesn’t work out? Obviously, if she never initiates contact then she probably isn’t overly interested.

DyingStar likes this.
  16. vercent99

vercent99 Fapstronaut

yes playing games and wasting time because if u are not interested then the ethical thing is to say u are not interested in continuing the relationship, u dont know my situation in order to make assumptions

17. fredisthebes

fredisthebes Fapstronaut

Brutal. I think it's easy to convince yourself that you want a reason for rejection, you want closure, etc. But does it really make a difference whether she rejected you if she doesn't like your chin, or your feet, or your hair or your car? Just move on.

18. fredisthebes

fredisthebes Fapstronaut

p.s. if you want to know what life is like for the average/above average woman, dress up nicely and spend an evening in a gay club. Are you still smiling and thanking guys for the compliment after the 10th time? or 20th time?

19. Comfort zone?

20. It is pretty brutal. Alltho I'm not as old as you are, nor have I ever been married. We (young guys) face alot of new and different obstacles today that were never on the map when you were young. Say 50 years ago. Male and female roles in society have completely changed. That means that you cannot really be sure how to respond and what to say/ do. Altho I believe many women still want chivalry and men acting the old ways. Stuff like #metoo, extreme/ modern feminism etc have caused, lets say more damage than originally intended. I'm not saying feminism and #metoo is wrong. I completely understand the background, but, it has made men way more cautious of our own behavior because doing something wrong today has a way bigger impact than it did 50 years ago. Just my personal experience. Also, womens voices weigh way heavier today than it did before.