1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

What would women like to know more about men? What would men like to know more about women?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by seaguy44, Jun 4, 2020.

1. seaguy44

seaguy44 Moderator Assistant

As a male, I'm always still learning about women. So I thought I'd create a thread on this:

Men, what would you like to know more about women?
    Women, what would you like to know more about men?

Please be respectful.

I'd start first.

Women, how do you exactly decide on choosing him to be your boyfriend/partner? Do you feel it's our roles as men to start the courtship process? I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Women and Men, feel free to chime in with your questions. Please just be respectful. Thank you!

silex_jedi, FutureDoctor and Roady like this.
  2. Rev2.0

Rev2.0 Fapstronaut

Great thread, I hope it gets a lot of traffic.

As a man I would like to know, where is the line when giving a woman a compliment? Let's say I'm a single man and I see a gorgeous women with a nice body, in a sundress, by herself in the parking lot of a grocery store. Which if any of these statements will make her feel good, which will get me slapped or worse, and which could go either way or somewhere in between? Also does how I say it and my body language make any difference?

1 - "That's a really nice dress."

2 - "You look amazing in that dress."

3 - "You have an incredible body."

4 - "I can tell you work out. What's your routine?"

5 - "It's nice to see a pretty woman in a dress like that."

Let's take out variables that would obviously make it awkward, for example, the man saying it is acting in a clearly leering/creepy way and/or is obviously not single i.e. with his SO, wearing a wedding ring, whatever.

To me:

1 - Safe but bland. She could hear the same thing from her best friend or her mother. She'll probably appreciate it but it won't spark any attraction.

2 - The approach I'd be most inclined to take. Lets her know you're clearly into how she looks but doesn't get into specifics.

3 - Certainly the most direct compliment but in this day and age there's probably one woman out of 100 who wouldn't have a serious negative reaction to it.

4 - A little different take on #2... subtle reference to her great body but not as blatant as #3.

5 - Seems a little condescending but might work if she's a more traditional type. She at least knows you notice and appreciate her femininity.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2020
    seaguy44 likes this.
  3. Awedouble

Awedouble Fapstronaut

Actually my first thought would be what makes any given woman different from all other women, so it's sort of the opposite.

Or how about what said woman would like men to know about her? Not sure how well it generalizes but individuals perspective are richer.

1313 and seaguy44 like this.
  4. seaguy44

Excellent question. Lot of men want to appreciate the beauty of women but even through we want to do it in right way but aren't sure how to compliment it in the best way. We appreciate women's beauty AND we want to be respectful of her.

FormerFapaholic likes this.
  5. p1n1983

p1n1983 Fapstronaut

Most woman don't even know why are they attracted to a man. If you ask a woman they will answer like the society (movies, series, family, etc) told her what should turn them on. Is going to be like..." a man that blow up her phone, show her that he really really like her, works hard to gain her love, give her flowers and gifts and take her out. Basically proof his love to her and do all the work to get her hart. But after that if you ask her the kind of guys that turn her on in the past are nothing like that, they are going to be like, "the tipicall bad boy, the one that don't liked her and she needed to work to gain his love, a guy focused on his life so much that she needed to go after him to have a relationship". Asking a girl "what turn her on" is going to be really misleading.
    When you don't know a woman, is better for you to don't compliment to much, it could be a sigh of only caring about her body and not who she is. Just give her one compliment that comes right out of you hart, just tell her what you really think about her without been disrespectfull. Always tell her this with a smile on you face, and full of confidence. Looking at her body language towards you before the compliment can save you and akward situation. A girl that is not attracted to you at all is going to find it a little akward, no matter if you do it with all your good intentions, but if the girl have positive bodylanguage towards you can take the risk to give a complimitment and she is probably going to like it.
    Woman wants to know that you care about them as a person besides her looks. They don't want to be just a piece of meat in your life. So ask her about her to know her better and remember what she responds. She is going to be happy that you took your time to know her.

6. Psalm27:1my light

Psalm27:1my light Fapstronaut

It depends on the woman. It depends on the time. It depends on the place. Personally, I like compliments #1+2. All the others would make me feel weird. However, any man too close and complimenting me in a dark parking lot while I’m alone is going to freak me out. Yes, that has happened. Never walk up to her, if you aren’t already close enough in passing to just say something, approaching her will make her uneasy ( or it would me). Men have no idea how often women get sexually harassed. It’s different approaching women in a bar, club, social function as opposed to out at the park alone or grocery store. So much depends on the woman though, her life experiences etc. I don’t think there is a one size fits all.

Roady and ssaa08 like this.
  7. seaguy44

I'm surprised you say that #2 compliment is ok. I would just say #1 to the woman. I agree with you - it depends on the place. If I give a compliment to a woman, I always make sure that it's in a public place for her safety AND my safety.

Would you say that women are the ones that select the mate?

8. Psalm27:1my light

My favorite compliment is “ you have beautiful eyes or smile “. I work out hard so that my body looks nice especially at my age, but I do that for me, not to sexually excite or entice a man, lol. So, I would never like a direct compliment about my body, but the #2 compliment is as close as I’d be ok with? If that makes sense. I’m not sure about selecting a mate. I was not physically or sexually attracted to my husband at all. He is not my physical type. I’m weird, I like short stocky men and my husband is tall and lanky. However, at 19 my husband was very kind. He was thoughtful to me. Honestly, he went out of his way to be exceptionally nice, bought me very thoughtful gifts, not expensive, just thoughtful. He called me all the time. Was very respectful of my boundaries, ie no sex until we marry and I’m not fooling around. Kissing only. That was huge for me and most guys pushed for a physical relationship. I had a lot of very short relationships because of that one boundary. It’s fine if you want that, but if the woman says she doesn’t then don’t push, move on to someone with the same values. Just because a women has that boundary does not mean she won’t like sex either. I’ve got a way higher libido than my husband. I thought when we got married I could have sex multiple times a day!! That was a rude awakening. On the flip side, just because you have a lot of sex in the beginning doesn’t mean it will continue that way into marriage either.

9. Rev2.0

Rev2.0 Fapstronaut

That's a good point about the dark parking lot. In my initial post I was envisioning it in daylight. I would never approach an isolated woman in the dark, unless she appeared to be in need of some help. (My brother met his wife that way.) In that case I'd be focusing on what she needed rather than giving her a compliment, and would be sure she knew I was there well before I got too close and that she was receptive to being helped.

seaguy44 likes this.
  10. So far, not many women have replied to this thread... xD it's just dudes guesstimating stuff.

Asgardian36 and Deleted Account like this.
  11. seaguy44

I agree. I'd never approach a woman in the dark parking lot either. That's cool that your brother met his wife that way!

Psalm27:1my light likes this.
  12. seaguy44

yep. I'm hoping more women will answer this thread. Feel free to ask any questions if you have to women :)

13. Psalm27:1my light

You have to remember, there are not many women who are active on the site at all. Only a few of us reply/comment on the men’s journals. Most of the women stay on their own threads or other women’s threads. I’m not sure why this is.

14. Amazing! Surprised to hear there are women with higher sex drives than men, that's a real shocker to me!

15. Rev2.0

Rev2.0 Fapstronaut

Here's another one. When a guy approaches a woman and she says right away she has a boyfriend, does that always categorically mean "back off"? Or is she sometimes just testing him to see if he's persistent? I'm of an older generation and back in the day women would sometimes play head games like this but today it seems like they're doing it on a whole new level.

Full disclosure, I'm married 21 yrs so the point has long been moot for me. But I have younger guys asking me for advice and I don't know what to tell them. The dating game appears to be much more ruthless, manipulative and full of head games today than when I was in it. I feel sorry for young single guys out there today... from what I hear it's pretty brutal.

Deleted Account and seaguy44 like this.
  16. Psalm27:1my light

Lol! I’ve never done that. But I’m brutally honest, upfront, and confrontation doesn’t bother me. Now, I have two daughters, one will constantly do that to guys who hit on her. She doesn’t want to hurt their feelings, she hates confrontation, and too many times in the past guys won’t take no for an answer, so it comes down to just easier for her. The other daughter will not lie! So she just flat out says no, then avoids them as much as possible. So, for my girls it means not interested at all! My nieces are the same, if they say no, they mean no, not try harder. I don’t know of any women who say that and are “ testing”. I’d say most of us mean no, not interested. But then again, ever person is different.

Asgardian36 likes this.
  17. seaguy44

I agree. It's usually us men who have higher sex drives compared to women

Wugazi32 likes this.
  18. As a young man, I would like to how to determine whether a woman likes something or not.
    Mostly referring to behaviours, compliments, etc. To me, it's never been obvious how to decypher a reaction to something like that.

seaguy44 likes this.
  19. Psalm27:1my light

You ask. It really is that simple. Do you like it when I ......
    would you like to.....
    What do you think about....
    years ago I had a guy ask me on a second date, I told him no. He asked me why. So I told him. Lol. we had had a great date. The problem was, he absolutely did not believe in God and I do. If he hadn’t asked me why I didn’t want a second date, he would’ve filled in the blanks with all sorts of wrong thinking. He had the guts to ask me why and I told him. He was not happy with the answer, but at least he knew the truth..

Deleted Account likes this.
  20. seaguy44

Excellent answer. Why do women test men so much? Men feel that all the time.