1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

What is a good person? How do you be good? What is good?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by BestVersionToday, Nov 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. What I'm getting from you is you in real life I don't think you're a good listener, you don't take in anything people are saying, you just state your opinion but its not based on what you heard. I'm not wasting my time with you. All the best.

2. Actually that's far from it, I'm a good listener and being introverted is part of it, but hey its nice of you to judge me and my character so thanks for being an arsehole. I do "take in what other people are saying", except in this little debate that matters not. I'm stating my opinion and nothing more yet you're being weird, you asked for an opinion well you bloody well got one. Apparently it's not good enough. lol

I'm not wasting my time with you either, all you've been is bloody rude and just plain rubbish so, I guess continue to judge folks and complain.

Cheerio!

3. But that picture is a bit big, is it not? You are not important and I don't think a picture of that size should be allowed.

Next time you're on the forum, have a read what people are saying and reply based on what they said otherwise don't go quoting people. You're not looking too good because you're coming across as aggressive, anti social, argumentative and name calling. I wanna keep this friendly and social and I think you're ruining it :).

4. You're not getting it and so much for not coming back. I don't care what you or anyone else thinks of me, and you're not important yourself (though your ego would say otherwise).

The funny thing is I literally said what I had to say and you keep pushing me into some sort of box all because you're butthurt about something I said, I've been civil the entire time while you just insult me and are doing everything you claim that I'm doing...

Next time you start a thread don't ask for people's opinion if you're going to be a child when you hear something you don't like, and then play the victim game.

5. Just stopping by to say you are completely in the right here.

Coffee Candy and Deleted Account like this.
  6. I don't mind if somebody has a different opinion, fine, but to say I'm name calling when I haven't once and just overall berating me is just codswallop... So much for him trying to be civil huh? :emoji_sunglasses:

7. Thats what im saying, tne other guy is just whining about nothing and most of his complaints made no sense

Coffee Candy and Deleted Account like this.
  8. ClaritySeeker

ClaritySeeker Fapstronaut

@BestVersionToday, I'm pretty sure you're in the wrong here. It started out civil between the 2 of you, then you came out and blatantly attacked her with the following:
    @Ginny Weasley was just giving her opinions prior to that.

9. I don't know what I said that hurt his feelings so deeply, but I don't have any intention of attacking anyone. It's a shame he for some reason saw it that way, honestly not sure why either.

10. Some believe good, as a concept, is a grey area. I disagree with that philosophy.

The one thing I believe about good vs. evil is that in every situation there is a way that is beneficial to others, and a way that is not. I try to discern what helps people, and I try to do that. I don't always get it right.

There are many people who stand outside on the street and beg for money. Should I give them money?

My opinion is no. The reason why is because it does more harm to society in larger ways than it helps. Even though once in a while the beggar uses the money for food, which is valid and reasonable, most of the time, the money goes into drugs, alcohol or cigarettes, or some other type of illegal venture.

Even when the money is spent legally, I still feel bad about doing that because I have just rewarded someone for nothing. I have rewarded them for asking me for money. That is not right. Money should be a result of effort, productivity, utilization of resources, education, expertise, experience, intelligence, innovation or efficiency. Not because someone happens to be hanging out on a street corner.

Sounds judgmental? At some point, everyone must judge someone or something. God says in the Bible, "Do not judge or you will be judged." But guess what the Bible also says, "God will judge everyone." And I guarantee that the second one is right. God judges the hearts of men continually. We are in a state of being judged by God, and it never will end.

But how do I escape God's judgment if I have to judge people? I can't, and I haven't. This is a paradox. That's how life is: we live in a situation where the information is contradictory or confusing, and that's the best we've got.

Here is the answer: try to do the right thing, based on the information at hand. If you have a second, ask the Lord for the answer. Trust Him to give it. If He doesn't give it, then He has decided to test you in that moment, to see what is your character. Do the best you can, so that you won't avoid your reflection in the mirror.

Get that far, and you have exceeded the lion's share of the population.

11. But that picture is quite big and disruptive, is it not? Why should you be allowed to flood the forum with your posts like you're some queen when personally, I think you're worthless, just my opinion. You wont even take in what the other person is saying, therefore you are a waste of time. This is a forum, Don't go quoting people and ignoring what they said. You need to calm down, pop your ego in and grow up because some would say you are being childish. That picture is clearly an eye sore and if this type of thing is allowed the forum would be ruined with bat man pictures and other 9 year old related stuff.

12. Hold on there. I’ve appreciated Ginny Weasley’s inputs through out this site and she’s the same as the rest of us here, struggling with her own challenges. We’re all trying to support each other. She is most certainly not worthless!

Deleted Account likes this.
  13. I felt like I should add, we all have our challenges we are struggling with. We should be helping each other succeed. I hope she does, I hope you do. I’m hoping I will too of course.

Deleted Account likes this.
  14. Are you off your bloody rocker mate? You are again doing every single little thing you keep claiming I do, and why should you be allowed to post anything? Heck why should anyone on this forum? Because there's nothing that determines who should post, and I'm allowed to comment on anything I want... You continue to insult me in many ways and while I could easily do the same, I'm not a five year old like you.

You're just proving my point in this thread about people you know (although I have seen nice folks before and do know they exist), and I again since you can't read am calm. You're the one having trouble with what I said and are the only one complaining, and honestly mate "in my opinion" I think you need to check your fucking ego at the door because any bigger and it'll burst. So stop massaging it.

And can't insult Alan, he's the best.
    [​IMG]
    Oh and for the record they allow one picture in your signature, at least I'm creative with it... If the moderators for some reason find it too big I'll change it, until then.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2018
  15. Thread is now locked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.