1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

What Does This Site Think About Dating “with a Loaded Gun?”

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by RobinCoenBrosFan, May 6, 2018.

1. RobinCoenBrosFan

RobinCoenBrosFan Fapstronaut

Hi,

Firstly, let me start by saying I do NOT wanna overthink this.
    About to go on a date (I think) tomorrow evening. I say “I think” because this is somebody I knew from the class I took in London this summer (she’s from Norway, and I think Scandinavian women are very cute, probably bcuz I’m part Scandinavian myself). But what I’m asking is, even though I’ve been doing NF, how do I not let my horniness get the better of me and show too much the night I go out? Do people often, or should I, just get certain things out of my system first so I’m not thinking about sex? And some people say, “Did you see ‘There’s Something About Mary?’” But I know that’s just a movie. Or perhaps there’s a better way (like meditating before I go out or something). Would that work?

Nugget9 likes this.
  2. Headspace

Headspace Fapstronaut

Don't worry about it (just as you said, don't overthink it). Just go and meet her. Behave polite and respectful, and everything will be fine.

I assume that the people who say that you better not date "with a loaded gun" are the same who claim that masturbation is healthy.
    Yeah, because love in reality is just like in Hollywood movies...

Last edited: May 6, 2018
    Gotham Outlaw and Nugget9 like this.
  3. elevate

elevate Fapstronaut

Well first of all, you only have 3 days on your counter and you already sound like a mess. So having 0 days on your counter would probably make things worst.

If you have anxiety or fear about this, you're already over thinking / analyzing, being excessively careful, and attached to specific outcomes. You're already getting in your own way. That's your problem, not your sexual drive.

You don't know what's going to happen. So go and find out without any paralyzing thoughts of expectations and fears.

The only thing getting in your way is you.

lion188 and Nugget9 like this.
  4. RobinCoenBrosFan

I’m actually not worried/anxious about it or anything, it kind of just is, I was just curious. Thanks tho

5. This is rationalization. To put it another way, this is your addiction talking! Don't fall for your own sex-crazed propaganda.

6. Nugget9

Nugget9 Fapstronaut

Just take your time with her and see how things go and good luck.

FX-05 likes this.
  7. RobinCoenBrosFan

Thanks!

8. RobinCoenBrosFan

It was good! She’s leaving for Europe on Saturday tho...wondering if once she comes back and we do something again I should tell her how I feel(as long as I can secure this place in the city), kind of problematic for me right now. (I guess I’m not madly in love w/ her at this point but still find her attractive)

9. Tell her on her face, she will love it, but be neutral since you won't know her reaction... Tell that you like her and want to be in touch doesn't matter what :D